9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2013 8:23 AM by LudwigVonMises RSS

Ghosts...My apology to IW...

rustygun

So ok, not sure if others feel the same or still on the hate train, but I've changed my mind about Ghosts...

And I do feel I owe IW an apology for my initial negativity...

And what brings it back off the trade in shelf? Well, it's actually what a lot of other people are struggling with...the maps. Now I've had more time with the game I'm beginning to discover that the maps, far from being a giant bland mess of nothingness, are actually really fun, supporting some really fun gameplay. It's good to be able to scale so many rooftops and have so many sight lines. The maps seem to control the action and keep it from a constant fever pitch but never allowing the action to waver.

I do however still miss the "you killed..." Box, which used to pop up when you killed someone and it's still strange to me why they display it on the left with the player card when someone kills you but not the other way round??? I also do miss Hardpoint which would've worked really well on these maps. And I'm also surprised they didn't incorporate multi teams like black ops 2 which would have also worked well on the larger maps....

I'm not sure if I'll buy it on Xbox one, probably not unless the "you killed" box miraculously turns up, or they decide to throw Hardpoint in. But in any case, I'm enjoying it now more than I thought I would, even if it might be a 360 experience only for ghosts.

• Re: Ghosts...My apology to IW...
    starbuckfrack

I was shocked the first few hours too . Once I got the hang of it, its a great game.

Getting pretty good on Squad vs Squad. At least there the lag doesnt get you one shot killed.

Played that jail map and thought it was great. So I am going to play bot matches for a few days to get each map out of my system.

Also just learned how to slide and shoot and to lean and shoot pretty well. Now I think I am past the learning curve.

djacks400

That's why I did read peoples opinions initially, but I took everything I read with a grain of salt. Sometimes you have to wait until a week or so passes and the dust settles to form a more educated opinion. I had pretty mixed feelings at first and was really missing Blops2 because that is what i was so used to. However, each day as I learn a little more about the maps and I am adjusting my gameplay, I'm starting to like it progressively more.

LargeLentils

Word up. The game is awesome. IW did a great job. The maps are great- you just need to take time with them and learn them.

Chasedpuppet01

I've adjusted to the game and am doing well... but when the servers went down again yesterday, I hopped back on Blops2 with some homies, and man, that was refreshing. It was fun not having to aim down sight everywhere to win a gunfight. Hell, there WERE gunfights. It was more fun than I've had in Ghosts so far unfortunately.

SrgntMerkWorthy
      I did the same...it was a nice change of pace; constant action, know where to find a fight, actual gun fights.  I will say I am adjusting to Ghosts alot more now as well.  It is often times slow, and sometimes boring, but can be pretty fun and interesting to learn to slow down.  When spawns and the damage indication/sync issues are fixed it will be gold in my eyes. 
    BrentMurph

It would be a great game if they could ever get the spawn system right. Tired of being shot in the back when I spawn. Tired of spawning right into a I.E.D. Tired of them not being able to develop a game with decent spawn system.

LudwigVonMises

Same thing happened for me...i was bashing the game pretty hard and then all of a sudden it just POPPED and wow is it great.  I guess i spent too time playing BO2, so getting dropped into a new world with slightly different rules and clearly different graphic takes time to get used to.  In most games you start off slow and ramp up the speed, but in multiplayer we are all thrown in at once at top speed.  For me it took about 10 hours of play and then the detail and depth of the game came alive.  Give it time, new world takes time to get used to!