18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2013 1:03 PM by Wheels1AWTT RSS

Theater mode?

Team_faith

can you guys put theater mode back in call of duty because i am a commentator on youtube and the theater mode really makes things easier when recording. all i ask is if you guys put theater back in the update when search and destroy comes or when the next gen consoles come out. thank you for your time

• Re: Theater mode?
    nicedrewishfela

Nope.

There is a reason hit detection is so much better in this game... that trumps your YouTube channel.

rustygun

Nice, have you got proof that theatre ruins hit detection? I miss it, and it's yet something else missing from the game that many want. It provides proof of cheaters. Apparently it's something else that will be on the xbox one...strangely. I've got this feeling that ghosts on Xbox one is going to be merely the game it should've been on the 360!

nicedrewishfela

Nawww, no proof. Just experience. It seems that the majority of the hit detection issues started in BO (Weren't as noticeable as the pace of that game was slower than most CODs), but really showed themselves in MW3 and BO2. From what I have seen so far... hit detection seems spot on in this game.

Just my experience, I could be completely wrong.

myevo8you

If you want to be a commentator on Youtube, BUY A HDPVR.

ChestSplittah

Good riddance to that game breaking feature. The proof is in the pudding as NDF stated.

MrTRAPPER1017

Get a capture card or get the next -gen consoles cause they have built it recorders/theater mode.

KidGlock

I believe developers will completely drop theater modes simply because of the video playback capabilities of the upcoming next-gen consoles. So now we'll essentially have theater mode without the sacrifice of hit detection!

dtuchpunk

The amount of people that don't want/need theater is bigger than the amount of people that want it.

It was a qimmick. And not needed. It didn't add something to gameplay.

Mess1ahBrowny

stupid really..they have dropped alot of things this year

maccabi

Team_faith wrote:

i am a commentator on youtube and the theater mode really makes things easier when recording.

if you're that serious then surely you'd already have a pvr? elgatos for example allow you to rewind so basically the same function as theatre.

Theatre isnt coming back so ...

nicedrewishfela

There are thousands, if not millions of COD commentators on YouTube. I'd say there are maybe a handful dedicated to their craft. So many of the others just slap stuff together and expect folks to like and subscribe.

The Irony is, some of the YT legends like Hutch, Woody, etc... they earned their names in COD4, well before Theater Mode.

Personally, I think we are all burned out on COD game play. There are a few commentators I watch, but its more because I find their commentary interesting. 95% of the time I don't actually watch, but listen.

Wheels1AWTT

See my previous posts about self-promoting douche-bags with no real accomplishments in life. I have video of me catching a 70lb Wahoo on 20lb test, scoring the game winning run in the base softball championship, and a good job; you have a video of you getting lucky on CoD...NO MORE THEATER SO SUCK IT!

nicedrewishfela

That is a bit harsh. People have the right to be passionate about whatever they want. It is up to us to share or not share their enthusiasm.

I know some COD Commentators that are genuinely good guys who love gaming and love making videos. I'd hardly call them self-promoting DBs. As long as they respect the rest of the community, I wish them all the best.

Wheels1AWTT

I agree some do it to help others, show tricks and tips or fun strategies etc. They are also the ones that use capture cards to catch actual gameplay not shitty theater renderings or killcams.