20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2013 8:53 AM by nastymonsters RSS

nat types need fixing

3P1C3L1T3

This is ridiculous now me and my partner played blak ops no problem whatsoever open nat all the way no we play ghosts well try to 2 ps3s both open nat and we cant join each other but just yesterday my partners ps3 open mine strict we could join no problems but now both open and neither of us can join its really driving me crazy this game needs fixing cause its beyond a joke !

• Re: nat types need fixing
    Mess1ahBrowny

i found resetting router few times and rebooting it will solve this

maccabi

3P1C3L1T3 wrote:

This is ridiculous now me and my partner played blak ops no problem whatsoever open nat all the way no we play ghosts well try to 2 ps3s both open nat and we cant join each other but just yesterday my partners ps3 open mine strict we could join no problems but now both open and neither of us can join its really driving me crazy this game needs fixing cause its beyond a joke !

It's NOT the game that needs fixing . You need to set up your home network correctly by assigning both consoles a separate static ip and making sure you have each console set up in the router via port triggering NOT port forwarding.

nastymonsters

set your ps3s a static ip put it into dmz on the router,reload the game.if it does it again change the last value on the static ip(also change it on the dmz)..ive had always had static ip and blops 2 was open soon as i bought ghosts it went to moderate(even strict once)..i just changed the last value..not had a problem since.

3P1C3L1T3

all ps3's in my house have already been put into dmz i have no problem with any other call of duty game or any other game for that fact and theres hundreds if not thousands of ppl having the same problems so i know its not my hardware it a server issue there side they had the same problem on black ops 2 they made a patch an viola fixed so dont tell me that

nastymonsters

read what i typed..change the last value of the static ip on the ps3 and DMZ then log back in..mine has always been in dmz and all my blops game were open,,soon as i loaded ghosts it went to moderate ,,change the last ip value on ps3 and re do it on dmz..

ShadowMesiah

Doesnt work.....the game needs an update but its impossible to contact infinity ward or activision.  They just try sending us to forums for help so they dont have to listen to their customers.  You cant fix your Nat if you have opened your ports or tried dmz.  There is no solution.  UPDATE THE GAME PLEASE!!!

Jaliy

what kind of router are you using?  and don't say a white one

3P1C3L1T3

im using a virgin media super hub made by net gear and i have never had problems before i have had 4 x ps3s on at the same time with open nat on every cod game apart from ghosts where only 1 console is open . i had 1 instance where i had 2 ps3s on open nat on ghosts but was unable to join any invite

ArturOWarE
    Have you try changing your DNS?  It's strange but in my case I can't stay in a lobby for more than 2 seconds if I use any other DNS but Google's (8.8.8.8 - 8.8.4.4)  Tried OpenDNS and DNS Advantage, but nope. Only Google DNS.
    trubadass

Dudes spot on.  It is not his set up.  Myself and every person I know that runs multiple ps3s all have the same issue. I can run 2 bo2..bo1..mw3..mw2..cd4..doesn't matter they all run open and open.  2 ghosts running one ps3 will alwys get strict.  Dmz statics assigned port foward or upnp enabled no matter how you F'N slice it it is their sh*t and they need to fix it NOW.  Hell over half of the friends I have with only one ps3 get moderate on Ghosts only.  Most of them are still playing bo2 just because they cant group with friends on ghosts half the time.  I kinda know wtf im doing seeing how I set up networks all day for Verizon to boot.    Stop racking your brains thinking your routers out of date or needs firmware update or is not set up right.  For the last 4 years most everyone in a lobby is from tampa plant city Auburndale maybe orlando.  Now I get stuck with people from new jersey, Texas etc.  They need to patch and patch soon.

CDIESEL86
      agreed bro!
      CDIESEL86
      so glad i read this..so your friends are having trouble as well? well at least i know its not me..so true about thinking its your setup and firmware and all that...it makes you think its you and you got pros fixing it for you and theyre like "dude everything is fine on ur end" never had a problem close to 4 yrs now..i literally pull out ghost and put another cod in and its open...and its crazy cause im playing lag free and playing well..
    CDIESEL86
    feel your pain bro..NEVER had any issues on any COD except ghosts...gos from mod to strict back to mod and then open sometimes...used to be wireless with no issues everything opened up and optimized on router then this game happened...have a wired connection and still the same probelem have NO problems playing,no lag and no issues joining...put in mw3 mw2 and blops 2 and its all open! i remeber this happened with blops 1 and mw2 when it first came out..oi honestly think its on there end right now..other ppl having issues as we;; but its annoying...costing me sleep cause i KNOW everything is ok on my end...paid money to make sure of it! lol hang int there!!
    RAMBONER

One thing that people used to do to get around this was to turn on your system and put in an older game that you know gives you an open nat, go to MP,  then eject the disk and put ghosts in.

I never tried it myself but allot of guys I know and posts I have seen said this worked.  I know its annoying but give it a go and see if it works.