1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 52 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2014 3:52 PM by darkendrage Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?
    Lunar---tick
    Same, i cant even CAMP. i could sit with and smg, lmg, assualt rifle and wait for a play to run past. cant even shoot them in the back. My games are  typically 1 kill for 20 deaths on a good day. Hell i even gave up on the guns and just ran with knives as they seem to be the only thing that will kill anyone.  this game is very ordinary. 19 mb connection.
  • 21. Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?
    Lunar---tick
    just to add, MW3 played well, Bo2 was terrible so i spent the last 12 months playing zombies and refused to play multiplayer it was that bad. Thought maybe try ghosts seeing MW3 played well but to no avail. Got screwed again. Back to zombies i guess. I dont ask much, i'm not even competative but would like to atleast play the game. I may aswell start a game and go outside and mow the lawn, it would be more effective than trying to play this peice of **** game. How many years now have they had to try sort this out?
  • 22. Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?
    LTSHiNySiDeZ3

I have truly only had 1 game I said anything about lag in.  It was in a lobby with non english speaking players besides that one game I have had a near flawless experience.  I couldn't be happier (unless they would fix the bad spawns).  I have had the same connection for almost a year and didn't notice to much lag on BO2 either.  I do believe there is a bit of lag for some people, but the whole thing is most people scream lag when something doesn't go the way they believe it should go.  Like missing bullets because of bad aim and yelling "LAG, I got no hitmarkers HOW is that possible".  You know just my $.02 though.

• 23. Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?
    Raketti

Me too, a distinctive connection handicap in every lobby yesterday and today, making it really hard to win a gunfight. It's a shame really, i had a equally rough connection on launch but the following days were pretty good connection-wise, now that i can't seem to get that good of a connection i have to be a lot more passive and effectively make the game a bit boring again.

I'm from Finland and last night playing with 2 friends we even got matched with some people from Saudi-Arabia during peak hours playing TDM, you can imagine how "great" the connection was.

• 24. Re: Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?
    Izjar11

There is always something to complain about.

• 25. Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?
    Raketti

Are you from the US ? I'm just asking because the connections issues are probably worse here in Europe where you get international lobbies more often, and some European countries seem to have pretty horrible internet infrastructure / connections on average... We cannot see the signal bars anymore but in the previous titles it was pretty evident.

• 26. Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?
    Izjar11

This brings up a great question: Though they promote the game outside the US, do connections vary that much? They also never mentioned the location of the dedicated servers (atleast country wise).

• 27. Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?
    Capt_Teabagger

I will never blame lag for my reason to camp.  I will however camp my butt off when I am feeling to lazy to run n gun. Or if I feel like using a sniper rifle or now the new marksmen rifles.  Or hell I just feel like finishing my smoke at that point in time.

I will however blame lag and call BS when I dump a clip from an smg or assault rifle into a players back just to have them turn and drop me with 1 bullet. Or when I know I fired at a person  and the killcam shows zero bullets coming out of my gun, hit or miss it should still show that I at the very least  shot at the person.

• 28. Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?
    TRU11

connections very alot.

i find lobbies with french spanish and turkish or east europe players to be awefull.

lobbies with players from germany and the UK or scandanavia to be good.

fellow dutch players depend on who gets to be host.

i usually end up being the host and i dont hear much complaining from other then myself lol

• 29. Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?
    Raketti

Izjar11 wrote:

This brings up a great question: Though they promote the game outside the US, do connections vary that much? They also never mentioned the location of the dedicated servers (atleast country wise).

I have no idea how good the general internet infrastructure is in the US, so it's hard to know how it stands out against a European one, but at least you guys should usually avoid playing in international lobbies which might create it's own challenges. Me as a Finn playing against someone who lives in Spain for example is roughly the equivalent of someone living in NYC being matched with someone from Mexico City as far as actual distance goes, and i do often get players from Southern Europe in my lobbies. Geographical distance and how the connections are routed are two different things obviously, but naturally the more distance there is the more latency there will be.

I have a similar opinion regarding connections in different parts of Europe TRU11 mentioned in his response, they really do seem to vary quite a bit. Naturally there are people with all kinds of connections in any country, but that's how it seems to be on average and it was pretty evident previously when we still had the signal bars visible. I've also talked to quite a few people in this game and in the previous ones from all over Europe while playing and asked what kind of connections they are using, and you have to interpret the answers you get because people have a lot of misguided conceptions on the matter, but it should still give you some sort of an understanding. I think they even revealed some partnership programs for the PS4 with European ISP's that will be available in the future and the message you could read between the lines in that announcement was that many European people do not connect with decent connections in their opinion.

They didn't mention the location of dedis, that is correct, but i've monitored my connection while playing this game and the previous one where they tested them and we do have them here. I'm still connecting to Choopa LLC servers, same as in BO2, and if i remember correctly i tracerouted the ones i played on in BO2 to France, Germany and the UK.