38 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2013 1:18 PM by dustycrow RSS

over powered weapons?

dustycrow

ive heard it for years "shotty noob" "sniper noob" ext. and ya ive said it myself but may i ask which weapon type you guys hate most and why? i personally hate any automatic. i mean common a 30-40 round clip and it takes anywhere from 2-6 shots to kill depending on the gun at any range if u know how to fire it >.< then u got the snipers omg its annoying i mean common u shoot them and there cross hair goes flying off target yet still somehow hit? but god damn the shotguns man turn a corner and pop! dead before you know it >.<. myself im a fan of the shotguns wish they were a lil bit more powerfull cuz i get hit markers all the time at point blank range and if i dont kill with my first shot im good as dead unless my opponet sucks horribly. what do you guys think?

• Re: over powered weapons?
    Mess1ahBrowny

I dont hate these weapons i list just think there op

ak

msbs

those are the two i think need nerfing abit

CamboDahRambo

To tell you the truth,I think most of the weapons are balance,had a few mis-haps with certain weapons,but hey,thats why they have weapon mods

creaper21

As I have since MW2, the snipers. Mainly the bolt-actions.

They're just as easy and overpowered as they've always been here in Ghosts.

Luckily, I haven't really run into any quickscopers at all, save for a couple times where it seemed completely accidental on their part, though still pretty cheap.

JohnClark_R6

I like all the weapons and perks. Hope they don't ruin the game by nerfing a bunch of them.

Clear Advantage

AR's out class SMG's in every way except fire rate. Even then there's 2 that out do the riffles and its not by much. They just have a general kill in 3-4 bullets close range and then god mode ACC at long range. You don't even need armor piercing to get this awesome damage either. ROFL 5 bullet kill at 40m+ with Honey Badger.

Honey Badger is broken, just I don't even. If the MSBS wasn't in the game distracting people from this, I don't even wanna imagine.

MSBS prolly the only reason for this being OP is the dev's made it so it could kill without landing all 3 rounds. Unlike the DMR's that need to land all 3 rounds and are balanced (Even though I can rofl you at 40m's with a 1 shot). It's sick damage at 20m is 50 when the DMR's is 65 but the "all 3 rounds must hit" rule balances this.

Drag and drop sniping is so broken in this game. No other gun in the game could kill me by hitting no where near me.

TourettesGuy03

Only issue I have with ARs is that in CQC, you can spray in a 360 from the hip and win, and accuracy while spraying at long range.

banned-again

the knife

RunAndGun1

Mmy experience is that weapons aren't over powered so much as the lag we all experience creates the impression of being over powered.

I've tried Chainsaw and the AK12. In my hands they have the damage weapons should have. It's when they are used against me that they appear over powered. Why? Lag and improved hit detection. With the best hit detection I've seen in a long time, i am getting insta-killed left and right.  But it's because of the lag that I have this experience.  If we were all on dedicated servers, the lag would be less noticeable and more evenly spread among players. That is the experience I've had with games that run on dedicated servers.

Personally, I think they are waiting for the next gen consoles to come out before implementing dedicated servers for everyone. After all, Activision has a contract with Microsoft. Lag is the biggest issue right now. The sooner they fix that, the better we will all play and actually have fun.

Kharyon

One thing to try if you consistently have this problem is lower your resolution to boost your frame rate. I kept thinking I was getting net-lag killed, then I halved my resolution and the problem went away, my K/D has gone up 15% since the swap and it'd still be going up if I wasn't at this....job...thing...o_O

brandenc123

MSBS is op as hell but so much fun to use XD

dustycrow

recently found out i love the shotty thats like the ksg still get hit markers but it seems to totally **** people up when i shoot them from like 6 feet long enough to fire off a 2nd shot. guess its shock of getting hit by a shotty from so far XD though the slug on it seems to make me miss more XD probly cuz i love my spread on a shotty was fairly decent with the ksg on bo2 so it isnt so much aiming that gets me its just i miss im ****** XD

dtuchpunk

Haven't seen so much weapon

Sniper use l115

ar mostly remington, ak

smg: vector, cmb en vepr

other weapons not seen that much. Only lmg was my own so far.

gambit1969

There are no overpowered weapons, only underpowered players

dtuchpunk

As long I didn't use every weapon and being kill by every weapon I can't judge.

Mostly weapons aren't OP only overused. Any overused weapon is called OP.

within a week people going to start complaining about the L115 sniper rifle. Because most snipers use it.

Their where people complaining about lmg's. Still need to see a player using them. Except myself.

gambit1969

Its the same every game, most of the people crying about things being OP are getting killed by a particular weapon a lot so try and use it themselves and still get killed a lot.

What happens is then the crybabies kick up such a stink that half the weapons in the game get the crap nerfed out of them to the point where you might as well be shooting bubbles..

dustycrow

true a guns only as good as the person handleing it and dude i would love a bubble gun XD myself ya i wine about guns and camping and rushers and blah blah just usual out of frusteration but was just curious on others outlooks on the weapons

sgtkijin

Beside the crazy deaths I get from quick-scoping snipers, I can kill just about anything with either my M27, or the FAD (with the right attachments, however). Two weapons I don't actually see being used as much.

myevo8you

WHY do people keep saying SMG's are underpowered? They do EXACTLY what they are supposed to. Work REALLY well in medium to short rage engagements. If you are trying to pick off a AR/LMG/sniper from 150 yards you SHOULD lose that gunfight, no questions asked.

Shotguns SHOULD be deadly from about 40 yards and in (for the games sake as real life damages would kill the game). If they used real life ranges, the shotguns would be a one shot kill from anywhere from 100-150 yards with a slug. This is just not possible for the sake of balancing.

LMG's should be great from medium to long range fights as that is what they are meant for. They sacrifice mobility for a little extra umph and magazine size.

Snipers should be really good as the caliber of round they use would blow a persons limb off if hit in the correct spot.

AR's SHOULD be the dominate gun as they are the jack of all trades weapon. They can be used from up close, medium, and long range fights. They have stats in between the LMG's and SMG's and while maintaining more mobility than the LMG's, they don't have the rapid fire capabilities of the SMG.

myevo8you

Another thing is that EVERYONE seems to think that the MSBS is overpowered because it kills in one burst.

Here is a little bit of information, pretty much ALL AR's kill in one burst with the select fire attachment. Does this mean that ALL AR's are OP'd?

AngelusMike

Hmm, for my part I do not believe that there's any Over Powered weapons, kind of remind me of when I was playing CoD 4 Modern Warfare back then, yes the AK-47 was pretty good but hey, I used to be good with any weapons, it always depended, it was some kind of phases and I kinda feel that has been brought back into the game, I did use different weapons, I did notice some people killing me faster that I did actually kill them but in another match it'd be the opposite.

So my conclusion is that it seems pretty well balanced, which is great in my opinion.