12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2013 2:40 PM by banned-again RSS

Players leaving games early

BulletTricks

With no time out system in place, it seems that every game we play and are winning the other team always ends up leaving or having a couple players left. I find that it would be nice to have something in place to where the other players who leave early should be penalized like in BO2. Or implement something for the players who are still in the game like an extra amount of experience per player that leaves (Lets call it the raging player bonus). The game becomes a waste of 10 minutes when you have a full team looking for 1-2 players and the experience is then lowered due to a meaningless man hunt.

• Re: Players leaving games early
    Kandagawa

Or they're losing the connection to the host, but you don't see that and just assume they're quitting.

sgtkijin

I would much rather see bonuses for people with a prolonged period of not quitting games, rather than bonuses because people left.

DalekonDrugs

This has been in Call of Duty for a while the problem is Infinity Ward are listening to another issue which is people do not want to join a game where they are already losing because it is unfair don't get me wrong that still happens but it is much rarer in this game.

On the issue of rage quitting I know it is frustrating and to be honest I rage quit myself if I know I will smash my TV xD but I only rage quit if the lag is unbearable. My suggestion would be that bots take the players places however it does NOT count towards your k/d if you kill them and the bots are pretty smart that would be how to fix it and is the only realistic way.

kerk3r

I agree, something has to be done about it.

It sucks when you get into a lost game because of some ragequitter just to get kemstriked

sgtkijin

I like going into games when I get put onto the losing team, just to find out that the winning team isn't good at all, and my friend and I just smash them and win the game. Doesn't happen to often, but it fun when it does.

kerk3r

Yeah sure, sometimes it's not that bad but I meant more like when you get into a FFA and some dude got 26/30 kills or a tdm playing 3 vs 6 and they got 3 times more kills than your team . In those situations you barely get time to spawn so that some spawncamper can kill you and you end up on "game winning killcam".

xCYBERxBULLYX

Well like me for instance. If I get in a game like start out and I am doing bad cause the other team is like a second a head I back out. Cause I don't wanna sit there and get smashed all game. But if I look for a game and jump into a game and I get put on a team loading like 56-8 I will back out. Cause ima get killed anyways. So why am I gonna stay in that lobby? But if I am in a game and do bad just cause the enemy is better I stay and leave the lobby after the game.

starbuckfrack

I never got probation but when they did have it , it seemed to not be able to make up its mind.

What they have now is the players that get marked consistently for leaving early (and I am sure their amount of incomplete games comes a part of it) They will soon get stuck in lobbies with other players with bad reps. Then the real fun part begins for them.

This is a definite fact for the Xbox one, I am not sure if it rolls over to the 360 though.

banned-again

ive a 2 year old daughter running around that needs my attention so i have to leave games now and again even when im winning which is a kick in the teeth