7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2014 8:27 AM by Alky6 RSS

How do you get the ghillie suit??

vts_elite

ok so I'm tearing out my hair trying to figure this out. I've watched a bunch of videos and read articles explaining how to get the ghillie suit, but all of them seem to be missing one or two pieces of critical information.

Let me first explain what I do understand:

1. You have to finish weapon operations: chrome barrel master I, II, and III, in that order. (So I have to finish chrome barrel master I first.)

2. Chrome Barrel master I has to be in the list of 10 weapons operations that are listed under weapons operations. The problem is, it's not listed there. This is where most guides will stop because they assume that either you already know how to get chrome barrel master onto this list, or they think it's totally intuitive.

3. You can get more operations by pressing Square and paying a squad point. I tried doing this 5 times and I didn't get chrome barrel master in my weapon operations list. Do they pick out new operations at random? When I buy new operations, can I pick "chrome barrel master" or is it like the lottery where it's completely random? Theoretically you could spend an 1000 squad points and just never be lucky enough for chrome barrel master to show up?

4. NEW OPERATIONS ARE AVAILABLE EVERY TWO WEEKS!!!! Every guide says that. What does that mean???? I can get new operations by buying them. Does this mean that Activision releases new operations to the general public every 2 weeks, kinda like new maps and new content? Then what does that have to do with Chrome barrel master?

K you might be able to tell that I'm kinda frustrated. This information doesn't seem to be out there in just one place. So my question is really simple. How do I get Chrome Barrel Master onto my weapons operations list??????

• Re: How do you get the ghillie suit??
    vts_elite

Ok so I spent another 12 squad points on getting new operations and chrome barrel master finally showed up.

AC_786

850 kills in total with the chrome barrel attachment on a sniper rifle hope this helps

thecalmquail

vts that was short and sweet, but bang on.

I really wanted the 'I have no idea what I'm doing' patch, got 214 kills and it still wasn't unlocked.  Realised that it was inactive.

All you have to do, it click x on the weapon operation slot (think its the 4th one down) then click square to keep buying new ones till you get the one you want. It'll be listed in the 10 operation challenges. Everytime you click square though, it costs one squad point, hence vts was right.

Edit: Oh and the new ops every two weeks means that they cycle instead of you having to buy them with a squad point, they're not new ops every 2 weeks.

vts_elite

Yes, thank you. It basically came down to purchasing new challenges over and over until I found the chrome barrel master. It looks like when you purchase new challenges, they give you a random set of challenges. This is an absolutely retarded system that is totally counter-intuitive - especially if you have played previous call of duties. There doesn't really seem to be any help in the game explaining what stuff does, or how to do anything. The user manual in the game basically doesn't have any contents, so you're at the mercy of online tutorials which usually only contain partial information.

thecalmquail

Yup. I've never had to google how the challenges work on a cod before. But this one I haven't stopped.

Took me 3 days to work out how to change my patch, because its so different. Even muting players threw me, some random guy told me to click start  and mute players while I was complaining about randoms.

driftscape

Just to let EVERYONE who is trying to figure it out, you dont need 850 kills with the chrome barrel to get the ghillie suit its ONLY 500 just putting it out there if no one knows or is confused. hope that clears things up! GOOD LUCK!

Alky6

driftscape wrote:

Just to let EVERYONE who is trying to figure it out, you dont need 850 kills with the chrome barrel to get the ghillie suit its ONLY 500 just putting it out there if no one knows or is confused. hope that clears things up! GOOD LUCK!

Actually, there's 2 different gillie suits, a full one for 850 chrome barrel kills and a somewhat partial one for 500 variable zoom sight kills.

I have the suit for the 500 kills but not the full gillie suit for the 850 chrome barrel kills. Check your specials list again.