25 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2013 4:30 PM by SheSaidNo RSS

The more I play this game the less I like it.

ExplodingFrogs

The amount of frustration this game can cause just doesn't seem worth it, I can't walk ten feet without getting shot in the back or killed by some guy in a building hundreds of yards away that I cant even see. The unlock system is utter crap, you level insanely slow unless you sit there and play 6 hours at a time and the weapon selection is fairly bland and boring.

Personally I miss MW3 and original black ops. They were great games but those days are over, and I hope someone can dethrone CoD and put the series out of it's misery

• Re: The more I play this game the less I like it.
    WKMMS

One of the drawbacks of not doing a public beta is that they don't find out a lot of the game's issues until after they release it into the wild, plus unlike most studios, they don't have the same luxury to push back the release date.  It's a very tough release schedule for any developer, particularly when they now have 6-7 different platforms that they have to develop for.

I'm not enjoying it as much as previous releases because of some of the known issues, but I've seen the quality of the experience improve dramatically for me after previous title updates and hotfixes so I'm hanging in there and giving them a chance to sort things out.

I wasn't keen on the squad points and slow levelling at first, but I already had all of the key perks, guns and attachments that I really wanted by the time I was about level 15.  You don't have to play for very long to get the things you really want, which is a good thing.

They want us to enjoy the game and keep coming back and Mark Rubin has already come out and said they're hard working on fixes. It's still early days, so don't write it off just yet.

hudder92

The problem is most of the problems with this game can't be fixed with a patch.

Boddrick

It's nice to see a thoughtful response. I have to say though, I think people are being a little too forgiving on the developers. I can understand a few small issues on release, but the major problems seen here are unacceptable. I'm not necessarily placing all the blame on IW themselves. I'm sure they were putting in overtime to get their code in as good a shape as possible. Whoever makes the deadlines is partly to blame (Activision big wigs?), and more importantly, the Marketing department of either IW or Activision.

This is such a common problem when a company gets really big. The Marketing department gets more and more powerful, and they end up making the decisions. Deadlines,  software requirements, even the mechanics of the game itself. I can see a huge influence from the Marketing department in this game, wherever possible catering it to the casual gamer, giving them as many lucky kills as possible.

WKMMS

In this case I would be more forgiving than usual - This is Raven Software's first crack at Call of Duty multiplayer.  I think they've tried to really make something original and different than we've seen in any previous IW release.  Some of it has worked really well and some of the key things haven't, but I've had thousands of hours entertainment out of this series since I started playing multiplayer on Xbox with CoD2 and I'm willing to give them a chance to fix some of the problems before I give up on CoD this year.

LargeLentils

OP- you need to use your brain instead of trying to run around all crazy with no plan.

Set your perks up right, and your classes and then form a plan on each map.

You cant just run around with no direction or else you are fixin to get your butt whooped.

FishyDizzle

THE MORE I PLAY THIS GAME THE LESS I LIKE IT.

Sounds like a sad love song.

Kind of what cod has become.

Froogabadoodle

I am a 39 year old gamer who has spent $1000's on COD releases, DLC and merchandise and honestly, this might have been my last dollar spent.  I've always looked forward to IW's release, rather than Treyarch's because I always thought IW hit the nail on the head.  But man, I am sooo disappointed with IW right now.  I mean, you have, arguably, the best franchise title in gaming, yet, you keep trying to change it completely with every new release.  I don't understand it.  Have you ever heard of, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"?  Quick scoping, squad points, player hallows to allow viewing them through walls?  Really?  Are you trying to make a modern day Doom?  Come on.  Honestly, you've kinda ruined the game for me.  So disappointed.  I am that guy who pre-orders your title the day of announcement, usually getting one of the top packages you offer to boot.  You have a lot of my money.  But honestly, from here forward, I will be waiting until after your release to see feedback about the game before even THINKING about giving you another dollar.  So sad.  Quick scoping is my biggest pet peeve.  I mean, why does it even exist at all?  This is a tactical shooter, right?  OK, explain to me how quick scoping fits in anything "tactical"?

Greatly disappointed with IW.  I am just one customer, but I am your target customer.  Not good.

Froogabadoodle

Thanks WKMMS and understood.  But ultimately, it's IW's game and they're responsible for it in its entirety.

WKMMS

If blame needs to be cast, then I'd aim it square at the publisher who would allow an unfinished/imperfect product to go out rather than push back the release date.  An open beta would be of huge benefit to the developers, but they don't have the time and resource to do one with the tight release calender

rankismet

ExplodingFrogs wrote:

The amount of frustration this game can cause just doesn't seem worth it, I can't walk ten feet without getting shot in the back or killed by some guy in a building hundreds of yards away that I cant even see. The unlock system is utter crap, you level insanely slow unless you sit there and play 6 hours at a time and the weapon selection is fairly bland and boring.

Personally I miss MW3 and original black ops. They were great games but those days are over, and I hope someone can dethrone CoD and put the series out of it's misery

The spawn system is my only real issue, TBH.

Some of the design choices/game mechanics didn't come out right (and some can still be addressed):

• 10 soldier system
      • Has made prestiging largely pointless.
    • Buy on-demand system
      • Has made leveling up largely pointless.
    • Limited HC modes
    • Ricochet on those limited modes
    • Confusing Operations system
      • Although they have now made it clear.
    • No night/inclement weather maps
      • This is easily addressed in DLC

They also got a lot right:

• Buy on-demand system
      • Removes the grind
    • All attachments unlocked with the weapon
      • Again, removes the grind
    • Perk system
      • This feels balanced to me overall.
    • SatComms on ground
      • Still prevalent but not overpowering... so far.
    • Diverse map sizes
      • Good mix and use of elevation.
    • Connections
      • There are laggy rooms but it feels like COD4 connectivity

While not an exhaustive list... just my 2 cents.

VanillaFlava

I agree with most of this list, and despite some of the problems the game seems to have at the moment (a spawn system in need of some tweeking, some connection issues here and there) I think they got a good amount right. Hoping that future patches and DLC will continue to improve the game. Fingers crossed for some new hardcore modes.

MikeManiac61

Do people still play Black Ops 1? I don't want to play a game where the lobbies are dead

DryveGaming

You miss MW3? I'm sorry, where were you during the massive hate storm during that game? The hate for that game was even larger than this one. You're just falling into the COD cycle

SheSaidNo

I actually miss and still play MW3.  I continued playing it over BO2.  But yes I was there during the terrible net code lag configurations.  It was a mess for the first 9 months.  But toward the end they had it figured out pretty close.  So I thought when Ghosts came out they would have all that code work knowledge and have it dialed in.  And as most can see that's not the case.

But I do agree with the different game design for Ghosts compared to previous CoDs.  They took a chance and tried to reinvent the series.  And I think I'm one of the people who feels it just doesn't hit it's mark.  A lot of choices that seem good in theory, don't actually play out that well once you throw it in to mix.

I'm pretty sure I won't be buying the season pass for this game.

TG-ThoMz

Yeah its really hard to enjoy over time.. Sure i like the thought and tactical mindfulness this game requires to do real well, but i gets boring fast. I think most COD players would agree that they would rather have a game that is more run and gun. Something you put in and play to have a little fun after work/school. This game requires TOO much attention to detail, TOO much positioning and TOO much patience.It's basically CS for consoles. This is great if you got time and a secluded, uninterrupted environment.

Its a shame that they won't just lessen weapon damage or make a mode that is more like core for the majority to just play without having to try all the time. After all, there is a difference in having fun playing a game- and a game that is fun to play.

ExplodingFrogs

i do prefer a bit of mindless fun in my shooters, which is probably why the flamethrower in blops1 is my all time favorite weapon and my all time favorite piece of gear is the MW3 Tac Insertion, people hated me id sit on tac with an LMG on top of a car, get killed, respawn, kills, drop tac, rinse repeat, it was and still is hilarious

DalekonDrugs

I recommend you all try hunted and infected really fun modes if you are bored.