10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2013 12:52 PM by dr0pk1ckz RSS

Ghosts lag > BLOPS2 lag

piiwii

I get much more lag in Ghosts than BLOPS2 because I get connected to a lot of international games, whereas BLOPS2 was mainly within my country, but if you were to set that issue aside completely and just compare like-for-like, Ghosts netcode seems better.

When it lagged in BLOPS2, I could never get my shots to connect, but in Ghosts even when it's choppy as hell, if my shot lines up then I always seem to get the shot. I can easily get 20 kills in a game with horrible lag. Has anyone else experienced this?

Now if only we could have the best of both worlds...Ghosts netcode plus BLOPS2 focus on local connections...

• Re: Ghosts lag > BLOPS2 lag
    LastShadowCOD

BO2 seems like a dream compared to Ghosts in the lag department.

BO2 plays slow and you don't get hitmarkers. Ghosts is unplayable - people appearing and disappearing, framing, and teleporting.

nintendon't

Both work flawless for me unless I get a bad host or if there's something wrong on my end like someone downloading or whatever. *shrugs*

like2nap03

Lucky bastard.  I only played one night with my new internet.  It ran great, but that doesn't say much.  More testing needed. 

Spacious_Fissure

You never have those games where you skip around for a few seconds? It's not like it's lag but I'll be walking through a building and all of the sudden I'm be outside of it. It's weird because it happens very often and it's not something that has happened in past CoDs for me. It seems to happen to most of the people in the lobby to.

uscoastgaurd

Strange enough, I had absolutely NO LAG in Black Ops 2, and I hated that game to death. Now, I honestly kind of miss it, Ghosts lag is too much to handle.

BlackMetroid95

Lol I can't believe it either, as much as a kinda disliked BO2 it actually was kinda fun- much more fast paced than Ghosts. Ghosts is still a excellent game- for once in a CoD game i can blame the BS in the game on the campers. I die fair deaths (lag being a exception) and the guns are/sound great. The netcode is vastly improved too. Depending on how many people are on the internet downloading/streaming video (1-2 people) I can still play the game, although there's some twitch lag (the type of lag i classified that entails that when you play, you have some very brief but odd "pockets" of lag that happens sporadically )

dr0pk1ckz

my shots rarely find their target, but I'm dying with incredibly quickly... don't know why, I'm playing with a 50k lan connection... lag comp or some ****? ghosts would be a good game, if this won't suck so hard in combination with a few other things like the spawn system...

like2nap03

dr0pk1ckz wrote:

my shots rarely find their target, but I'm dying with incredibly quickly... don't know why, I'm playing with a 50k lan connection... lag comp or some ****? ghosts would be a good game, if this won't suck so hard in combination with a few other things like the spawn system...

50k?  I'm guessing that's a typo.  Dial-up is 56k.  If it's not a typo, then I see what the problem is

Also if you meant a 50Mb download speed then that doesn't really matter so much.  You can play this, and any other COD game, just fine on a 1Mb download connection so long as it's stable and nothing else is using your bandwidth.  Upload speed matters more, along with connection stability, and your latency. 

Ryumaou

Yesterday was the first time for me I felt I have been holding back by unstable connectivity in a couple of matches in this game. But it was still nothing compared with the experiences I had with BO2 on a daily basis for the last year, so I had fun nonetheless.

dr0pk1ckz

well, it's 50k down and upstream, yeah but even if I compare my bandwidth to my friends bandwidth, it's about 4 to 10 times higher and most of the time i'm suffering of instant death...