1 2 3 4 Previous Next 225 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2014 6:47 PM by SmokEiT Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
    Hellspawn_STP

thats different he is playing the objective, he is playing DEFENSE, just like the people who complain when I cap 2 flags and sit there and play defense i get called a camper, but its not camping is how your suppose to play. camping is what people do in TDM find a spot and they just keep going back there to try and kill they usually have like 4 spots on each map where they hide, and now they have caught on to KC which is TDM with and objective kill the person and pick up there tags, you need the tags to win the game, some of these ******* dont care about winning but just there KDR, so they wait in a corner for someone to grab a tag and then they get shot. camp killed for playing the objective.

• 11. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
    phxs72

That's a tough one.  Player A has half of your team's scores which are needed to win but his deaths likely mean that he's given the other team some streaks which may come back to haunt you in the next round.  Meanwhile, player B hasn't helped you score but he has kept your team in the match by defending the goal and he hasn't provided the enemy with any streaks.  If anything he's probably sitting on a streak of his own for the next round.  Now obviously player Bs team is going to need someone to score or they won't win but he's not hurting his team by defending the point.  I also don't think that player A has done too much damage to his team by taking so many deaths and there is no doubt that he has helped his team from a scoring perspective.

I suppose what it all comes down to is did your strategy work?  I've been both player A and player B many times.  So I know that both of those strategies can work if your teammates are filling in the gaps that you leave open.  That is the key to winning and to me that is the larger meta game.  Can you determine quickly enough what your team needs for you to do to win?  I'll give you a recent for instance that happened to me while playing DOM over the weekend.  In the first match I went 10-19 but we won the match because the other team was more focused on getting kills than holding flags.  I had joined the match late but I went all in on the flags.  We payed pretty hard for that win mainly because the other team used TDM tactics and rained killstreaks down on us.  In the next match (same lobby), I went 21-7 and we won.  This time the other team was more aggressive on the flags but this time I played TDM and used the flags as bait.  I'd lie in wait, let them start to cap the flag, wipe them out while they were vulnerable and recap the flag.  Then I'd re-position to catch them trying to flank me and repeat the process.  I did to them what they had done to me in the previous match but I did it with a little more style.

• 12. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
    Megadog14

Heres an story for you... its from BO1 a few weeks ago but its still relevant.

I was playing Demolition on Kowloon. Our team had lost the first round and barely won the second round, so the game was in overtime and we were defending. The enemy team kept planting at the same bomb site but we were able to defuse it, but at the cost of 3-4 lives each time. Eventually I decided that instead of rushing them head-on I should go into the side hallway and kill them while they were planting. I ran in there, and almost immediately an enemy dived down behind the bomb (where my teammates were unable to see nor kill him) and started planting. I killed him with my silenced gun. More enemies came and each time I killed them. I got spy planes and counter spy planes up and when I saw they were heading towards the other site I called in a napalm strike onto it. Note that I did not once leave the hallway after I went into it. As the clock ticked down, I started picking people off from the window at the end of the hallway, and when I came back an enemy was attempting a last minute plant. I promptly killed him and the game ended with a win for us.

Now, its clear I was "camping". But the question is, did I make a smart decision by hiding in the hall instead of running around (and I dont mean like a headless chicken, just moving from spot to spot)? You said that "camping does not make someone smarter", yet to me it would appear as though I made a smart decision. Had I ran around, I probably would've done ok, but I probably wouldn't have gotten as much support up and its likely the enemies would've been able to destroy the bomb site, and making our job even harder. My final question is, who was smarter, me, or the enemies who were rushing the bomb?

• 13. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
    ghamorra

smashbros35 wrote:

If your stating camping is a higher form of intellectual gaming... I am going to remind you a 12 year old invented camping.....    it is also used by people to scared to die.... fear is not a form of brightness... going 5-0 or 3-2 in my view is not better then 23-19 or 16-16 as most times the score ratio is pretty high in most games and your leaning on your team to get the kills you leave on the table ...lets use the standard match tdm

Your team needs 75 kills to win... you go 4-1

You're picking out extremes, I can do the same with rushing. I've seen rushers go <5 and 20+ running at a guy several times over and over achieving nothing but getting killed. I average 13 kills in TDM 13x6=78 which is more than my fair share of kills. I also average a 2 K/D. I'd say camping is more than an efficient strategy.

• 14. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
    ghamorra

Hellspawn_STP wrote:

Score streaks are not flawed I played the objective in HC, DOM, KC and TDM and in DOM and KC I was always in first place with over 6000 points and you can only get those points by playing the objective, so you are wrong,

Actually It's not. I played tons of KC and DOM. I would utilize the bad spawns, EMPs, and Scorestreaks to easily score 6000 without doing much objective seeking. If you know how to abuse the charity system you can set personal bests doing next to nothing.

• 15. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
    gambit1969

Insightful as always G'. good post

• 16. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
    smashbros35

Talk about extremes... come on now...you average 13 kills camping now thats either on the extreme side or your more or less not camping as your moving around the map...campeans to pack a sleeping bag and hold down a spot... usually once a player is shot they will not take the same route... so You typically see people with 4-1 7-0 ....and so on....

I guess you could always be playing noobs but most of the time people do not continue doing the same thing over and over... now if your running a scuf or intensifire controller and bragging avout how you and five others can camp and hold a spot well then thats another story but in my examples the second one is a toss up...and the first is my opinion as either person dnt hurt the team but yes most campers average less then 8 kills I guess you just got that magnetism

• 17. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
    ghamorra

smashbros35 wrote:

Talk about extremes... come on now...you average 13 kills camping now thats either on the extreme side or your more or less not camping as your moving around the map...campeans to pack a sleeping bag and hold down a spot... usually once a player is shot they will not take the same route... so You typically see people with 4-1 7-0 ....and so on....

That's your opinion of camping. The general opinion of camping is anyone who's not moving when they get a kill

• 18. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
    rainmaker6

smashbros35 wrote:

going 5-0 or 3-2 in my view is not better then 23-19 or 16-16 as most times the score ratio is pretty high in most games and your leaning on your team to get the kills you leave on the table

I would agree that K/D ratio is not a meaningful stat alone and when you play objective based games even less so. The point is to win and as I have often said to one of my friends who likes to snipe, having a positive K/D is meaningless if you just get a few kills. K/D x average kills per game (KDA) in TDM however would be a meaningful number. So someone with a 2.0 K/D but who only averages 5 kills per game would have a 10 KDA. Someone that has a 1.5 K/D but averages 10 kills per game would have a 15 KDA. This number would be weighted K/D and IMO more indicative of how good someone was.

• 19. Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are
    smashbros35

Well then I guess you would in my mind not fit the description of camping if you move discretely around the map.... I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure the main opinion on campers is someone who lays down in a spot and if shot moves to thay spot or few othees but if you move without dying and hit the hot spots while overwarching them then thats not camping in my opinion... nor is moving cover to cover....and standing still and shooting

1 2 3 4 Previous Next