8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2013 10:13 AM by LTSHiNySiDeZ3 RSS

I found the Anti-Dog Weapon!

TheBeastlyDude

So last night, got into a game with against a clan who worked extremely well together. I think they all had their scorestreaks worked out to where they would put down 2-4 Sat Coms at the same time and they each would call in their dog when they unlocked it.

So the match was going along and I figured out what they were doing and I was becoming kibble for their dogs. I got in a bad run and changed up my game play, decided what the hell, loaded up my Riot Shield class and went stalking for them. I nailed a guy about 30 feet in front of me with my pistol and his dog came right at me. I switched to my riot shield, backed myself in a corner and the dog jumped at me and DIDN'T GET ME!

I proceeded to smack the dog around 2x and killed it. I laughed at how easy it was and continued to send All Dogs To Heaven. I ended up knocking 5 of them out of the game.

TL:DR: Dogs can't attack through a riot shield.

• Re: I found the Anti-Dog Weapon!
    ghamorra

Interesting. A Riot Shield is a two shot kill on people and dogs? Yet the L115 is a OHK to people but 3 hit kill to dogs? I'm intrigued

TheBeastlyDude

I was playing HC and I have no idea if the dogs were first hurt before I proceeded to smack them around. 2 times out of the 5, it only took 1 smack and there were teammates around me attempting to kill the enemy so I am unsure if they nailed the pooches.

But as long as I sat in a corner, those dogs couldn't get me so whether 1 hit or 3 hits to kill a pooch, it isn't difficult.

Eggiweks

I tought you were going to say patience and good accuracy...but hey that seems like a good strategy.

Gotta try it and see for myself.

Alky6

I don't understand why there are no points for killing dogs, they are twice as hard to kill than the humans. I'm also disappointed that there's no points for destroying enemy tactical weapons.

TheBeastlyDude

The points might get added with the match ending bonus. I am not sure how the bonus is calculated but if I camp and only worry about myself, my bonus is a lot lower than when I am going around killing equipment, killstreaks and whatnot.

LTSHiNySiDeZ3

Yea I was saying the same thing last night.  What is the point in me saving a teammate's life if I don't get any points for it now?  At least before I was motivated by points, now meh.  I almost always play with the same exact people that I have played with since COD 4 and we all feel the same about it, now we have the saying "you're on your own".  So we don't bother destroying equipment for each other anymore if you hit it and didn't pay attention then you deserved it.  We are all kinda douches to each other anyways so this fits into our style perfectly.