1 2 3 4 Previous Next 52 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2013 3:36 AM by SolidWater Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Dedicated Servers
    NadeGoBoom

Xbox Live is furnishing the dedicated cloud servers not IW. Its supposed to be in the range of 300,000 servers and Xbox gave no definative roll out date or dead line so this topic should make its way to the xbox live forums.  Playstation said their cloud service wont be up until 2014 so there will not be any dedicated servers until that time frame for that console.

I have to imagine we are on our own with the p2p network and we were suckered in by a very vague message from IW which was instigated by both console manufacturers so they could sell more games and hype up the consoles even more. It was a great idea because it worked so well.

• 11. Re: Dedicated Servers
    veilofmaya

well how do you explain the recent patch list in the ps3 section of the forums? "dedicated server bug fixes"...can you explain this?

• 12. Re: Dedicated Servers
    NadeGoBoom

omg this is the 3rd and final time im going to attempt to reply as my last 2 times havent gone through to the forum for some odd reason.

the message in the patch notes is vague and leaves nothing but speculation but I wouldnt be surprised if Sony is trying to get their service up before xbox to one up them but then again we will likely never know the answer to that patch note unless you kidnap Candy and force her to tell you the truth.

• 13. Re: Dedicated Servers
    Diesel_Fox

The servers you are talking about has been amassed for the Cloud/XB1, and has nothing to do with Activistion or COD. The servers they are claiming are supposed to be their own, but as I said before, I'm not sure they exist.

• 14. Re: Dedicated Servers
    SkeeboeMan

I specifically bought Ghosts on PS3 instead of upgrading to Xbox One for one and ONLY ONE reason…..Dedicated Servers. This is what was advertised and promised by Activision representatives with the knowledge and authority to speak on the company's behalf (Activision is a public company btw). This is not only misrepresentation, but outright fraud when Activision doesn't deliver on a promise large enough to influence consumer purchase decisions……Class Action anyone?

Long story short……I'm very disappointed with Activision's lack of focus and follow through with their latest Call of Duty effort. Anyone who says dedicated servers won't make "that much" of a difference is either biased by their own P2P gaming experience and/or grossly misinformed.

• 15. Re: Dedicated Servers
    Bielsalmighty

Other than providing a stable 'host', what else will they bring? Please do fill us in. A stable host is good, but wont fix people who have crappy unstable connections. Thats what will bring a lobby down in quality.

• 17. Re: Dedicated Servers
    avengedyesterday

SkeeboeMan wrote:

I specifically bought Ghosts on PS3 instead of upgrading to Xbox One for one and ONLY ONE reason…..Dedicated Servers. This is what was advertised and promised by Activision representatives with the knowledge and authority to speak on the company's behalf (Activision is a public company btw). This is not only misrepresentation, but outright fraud when Activision doesn't deliver on a promise large enough to influence consumer purchase decisions……Class Action anyone?

Long story short……I'm very disappointed with Activision's lack of focus and follow through with their latest Call of Duty effort. Anyone who says dedicated servers won't make "that much" of a difference is either biased by their own P2P gaming experience and/or grossly misinformed.

Yeah good luck with that lawsuit. Not a year goes by that someone with a internet law degree spouts out something like this.

Read the TOS, when you buy this game you buy the license for single player. It's been said over and over again multiplier is just a perk to the game. Seems odd right? There is no question the majority of players buy this game for the multiplier. They do this to cover themselves for the fact that there is no way they can release a game to be played by millions that will run flawlessly on release with a little over a year in development. Having the game run completely on dedicated servers on launch would have been suicide.

There is a reason why they have not used dedicated servers in the past and it is no doubt a massive undertaking. Using common sense, the smart thing to do would be put some dedicated servers online to see how they hold up while still allowing P2P for the rest.

Unless i've been pulling host every game; I have not had a single host migration. I've had multiple teams back out mid game which either results in a forfeit or more players are added in. I can also say if all my games have not been on dedicated servers then this is the best COD i've played, connection and hit detection wise. I've rarely ran into situations that happened constantly in BO2 and MW3 like the magical bullets flying behind cover to hit me, or firing multiple shots while getting no hit marks and dying before i even see the enemy fire. 

I have no doubt they are working on bringing the dedicated servers online for all and when that does happen I will not be surprised if the community rage doesn't drop one bit. It will not be the god send people are looking for because they assume their mad skills aren't the problem, it 100% has to be the lag comp and terrible connections.

If and when dedicated servers are fully implemented there is no question that games will be a mix of dedicated servers and P2P hosting depending on location and traffic.

• 18. Re: Dedicated Servers
    capp00

Well the stable host will provide a better connection for everyone.

But mostly, it'll help keep lobbies full. I'm so tired of playing 3v3 or 3v4 and the lobbies never filling up.

So, yes a stable dedicated server as host will keep the fluctuating latency to a minimum.

• 19. Re: Dedicated Servers
    Keepmequite

So what your saying avengedyesterday is that basically Activsion can say and do as they like and we the consumer can basically F off if we don't like it after paying for the product. In the UK you CAN NOT advertise something if it is not true. Before Ghosts went on sale it was stated "dedicated servers on all platforms". But after the game goes live and people have spent there money, it appears that statement about dedicated servers comes with some stipulations and conditions that just happened to of been left out of the original press releases, How convenient. No wonder it's getting harder and harder to trust game developers, when it appear the norm these days is to LIE and mislead your customer base.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next