44 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2013 3:48 PM by XXgovXX RSS

So how is COD ghosts on the XBONE?

appledaniel

Havent seen many threads about the game on the xbox one, from a player who has played it.

Do the graphics look good?

Does it play smooth?

Able to get in games?

How many people does it say are playing online on the counter?  just curious

Any problems? (after you got the game to work?)

is there lag?

Thanks, just curious, i dont have the xbone yet, and just want to hear what ghosts is like on it?

• Re: So how is COD ghosts on the XBONE?
    lilbaily2

Graphics and guns look much smoother than 360

Haven't lagged in almost a day.  You can definitely tell they are dedicated servers

Games are easy to find

22k at the moment

Game takes awhile to load sometimes and the clan section is completely gone

No lag yet

They did add ground war, search and destroy, more hardcore modes.  It plays like Call of Duty used to back in the day.  The 360 version feels completely half @ssed compared to this one.

blb128

Graphics look very good and sharp. All the maps are much brighter. Which makes it easier to see people. There were about 25,000 players online and matchmaking was about the same. I was getting a lot of lag in game. I usually don't see much lag. I would see people first and shoot first but die a lot more. It was like my first few bullets didn't register. Got credit for some kills when the other player was well around the corner. I'm a pretty good player and had to work really hard to break even and even went negative a few games. I expected these results with a smaller player pool though.

vims1990

It does look slightly better than the XBOX 360, brighter and as others say it is easier to locate players.

However the numbers are quite low which is expected with a new console launch so it does take some time to find matches. In terms of latency, it's OK but can't tell whether we're playing on listen servers or dedicated servers.

Ground War is back which is good for players who didn't enjoy 6 vs 6 on the larger maps.

jcostanzo27

it is way better than "slightly", graphically speaking

vims1990

jcostanzo27 wrote:

it is way better than "slightly", graphically speaking

Eh, yes there are some improvements in graphics/textures but if someone asked me if it's worth buying a XBOX One just for Ghosts, I would honestly say no.

Using BF4 as an example, the graphical and performance on BF4 on XBOX One compared to XBOX 360, it is very noticeable in graphics/textures, it runs at 60fps and it can handle 64 player servers which to me is leaps ahead in terms of what I expect for next-gen consoles.

Ghosts to me is lacking graphically compared to it's competitors however I understand it'll take devs some time to make the most of the next-gen tech so I won't bash it but I expect better in the coming years.

Whofreak

Graphics look a little better. Still muddy and tough to see players far away. Definently not next gen material. But.. 2011 quality for sure. Been having a few stutters here and there, havn't had any problem finding matches. And the lag... just as bad/maybe worse. The online is identical to 360.. but a tad sharper graphics... but, nearly unnoticeable. If you're thinking of upgrading, save your 10 bucks.

appledaniel

Right on, thanks for the info. im hearing alot of people are having trouble today (11/23) getting it to play at all.  I cant get the xbone for awhile (had a pet get sick and die, and it cost me a lot of money) so i hope it all gets worked out before i get one in about 6 months.

Xero360

Sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. The game looks better all around, although the spawns are still garbage as I have had people spawn behind me & I have also spawned behind people and spawning directly in view of someone killing another. There is no clan info at all. And game play with the new controller will take time to get use to as the thumbsticks are smaller in size and have a different feel. I cannot use my scuf controller with the One and my turtle beach headset X11 only work for game sound as I cannot talk to anyone because of the mini usb type of connection instead of a jack to plug-in.

I do love the Windows 8 dashboard of the One and it is really responsive.

Mess1ahBrowny

Played since Thursday

game play perfect for me

No lag what so ever played for 3 days

Graphics spot on

also for your information ryse looks awsome to and forza

I went back to 360 earlier to have a few games.jesus i switched it off after 5 games.dreadful lag ,ag,hard to see people to...

appledaniel

yea i cant wait to play forza, but didnt want to mention other games on this forum, haha   and i cant wait to play ghosts with the better graphics, should be great!  its like all old systems when a new one comes out, you look back at the old one, and it always seems so blurry. but thats what next gen should feel like, a step-up.

codchamp

When i started the game last night. I honestly had no hope for it. The 360 version was about as bad as COD could be.

I started playing infection first. Got very excited for 18 player games. Spent about 5 games in there. Finally got a full 6 man crew to go play domination and to be honest, i was blown away by how good it is playing! graphics, EXCELLENT connection and overall feel are great! Of course the Time to kill is still way to fast and you have to deal with the lone wolf camping sniper, but the game plays that good now.

There were only about 25,000 online at that point. So there may not be a strain on the system at the moment. Time will tell if stays this way.

otisman666

codchamp wrote:

When i started the game last night. I honestly had no hope for it. The 360 version was about as bad as COD could be.

I started playing infection first. Got very excited for 18 player games. Spent about 5 games in there. Finally got a full 6 man crew to go play domination and to be honest, i was blown away by how good it is playing! graphics, EXCELLENT connection and overall feel are great! Of course the Time to kill is still way to fast and you have to deal with the lone wolf camping sniper, but the game plays that good now.

There were only about 25,000 online at that point. So there may not be a strain on the system at the moment. Time will tell if stays this way.

Well we know this is a lie.  You don't have any friends besides me and I have not gotten the console yet.

But seriously, this is good to know coming from you.  Champ is a pretty fair critic of these things, if he says it is playing well for him then chances are things are much better.

Still not making the change though, Titanfall will be my 1st next gen game.

codchamp

Well otis you are missing out on some good ole fashioned COD fun. h The game really is playing better than expected and nothing has changed since my last statement. In fact it got better because we finally found a better game mode than boring domination. Blitz is going to be the new home for our parties.

otisman666

codchamp wrote:

Well otis you are missing out on some good ole fashioned COD fun. h The game really is playing better than expected and nothing has changed since my last statement. In fact it got better because we finally found a better game mode than boring domination. Blitz is going to be the new home for our parties.

Good to hear man.  I am lonely over here in "old gen" world, but I am sticking to my guns, no new console until Titan Fall (or until Champ's wife comes down and brings me an Xbone in one of her bad girl outfits).

Skeets1point51

It's 720p...  Squads is broken, and the dedicated server promise is a mixed bag.

Don't bother.

Mess1ahBrowny

wow not everyone play's squads

as for dedicated servers am guessing am on then..3 days played no host change and game play runs smooth...

and so what about the graphucs being 720p whats cod ghost on 360 SD or some crap

Need for speed out soon 1080p just shows xbox one future games will be in 1080p or hopefully will be

uallyn

enough with the 720 p argument. That's on the developers side, not on the One.  It wasn't made for the next gen 1080 P. No reason for it but you can tell that the graphics were certainly built for the next gen console. Also, very few if anyone play the Squads mode.

Mess1ahBrowny

Agree when you look at the 360 graphics after playing on next gen,..you will be like me wow 360 looks crap...

newm8n

i agree with the graphics i said to the wife it was like watch tv on the lg led then going downstairs and watching on the quattron night and day difference at least for me. game play ran smooth and i was playing hc so lower player base. didnt see a single host migration. i found if i put the headphone on first then the tb x41 over them it felt comfortable but i might try to patch the wire in today. was really happy that free fall map and season pass transferred over no problem, i bought the hardened for 360 but just picked up a 60 dollar game yesterday instead of 10 transfer fee. though i cant dl the insina pack

on a side note i am really liking the interface though its having trouble recognizing me though i should probably shave (2 weeks growth). and ryse was pretty sick, i haven't played much due to really getting started at around 230 last night

ColinMcAwsome

Ghosts freezes my xbox one about a minute after I start playing on and offline.  I don't know what to do...

EnenDavey

I would like to add, there are a lot of subtle things, which work better on the one, the whole colour is much better and has more depth, and what I mean is on the 360 the sky is white, but on the X1 it has a sky look so does have blues and other colours, if you go in and out of shaded areas show on your gun, some of the plants move when your dog walks through them, the expolsions have much more detail, try throwing a granade into the snow.

Plus your class now really makes a difference in the same was as you had on call of duty 4, so point blank is who ever fires first but above that, a sub with rapid fire will out do an assualt rifle at close range, people with quick draw will fire before people without.

There isn't alot of people online between 18,000 and 26,000 I think is the highest I have seen it, you get full lobbies, and the games do fill up if people back out, even in the game modes with only a few hundred, blitz doesn't have a lot of people but never had a problem getting a game, or with even numbers on both sides.  You do sometimes have to back out of a lobby that has lost the majority of its players, but it will soon find another game.

People always blame everything else except themselves, and there are the odd hiccup as you get with any only game, but lag if very very rare, and host advantage and lag comp are gone, it is an online game and certain things are always going to happen.

The bad things IMO are the lack of game modes, would be nice having 9v9 as a standard option on some game modes, would be nice having some better party games (i don't like infected), used to like sticks and stones, I guess thats going to be an issue, up throwing knives and C4 sounds fun. Also needs more HC game modes although it does have hardcore DOM, dare I say bring back capture the flag, and have a better algorithm for spawning in all game modes.

Just to add extinction is excellent, but again been there done that.

The X1 is a vast improvement than the 360, but its getting boring a month in, MW3 kept me going for a year and more, I'm not a battlefield fan but I am really thinking about getting it, although I have to say World of Tanks and titan falls will be launching IMO at exactly the right time.

jcostanzo27

graphics are unreal compared to 360. so much cleaner, smoother, sharper.   anyone who says slightly better graphics i would have to disagree. 

Noob_Lyncher

I decided to give this game another chance on next gen. The graphics seem a little better, but that's about it. Also, I sometimes right after I finish a match, I get kicked back to the Xbox One home screen and have to start the game up again.

trriL

game looks nearly exactly the same as xbox 360, less functionality, increased load times, smaller community.

Robinicus

Overall it is a lot smoother and way less lag; I suspect some of the reduced lag is because of the lower player count online with it compared to 360. One of the bigger benefits is the comfort of the new controller, hands don't cramp up when you play for a long time. Another improvement is far less spawn kills, it only happened to me 3 times in 2 days where it was usually multiple times per game on 360.

I would not say it is worth getting a One just for it, the improvements are there but they are minimal.

Biggest disappointment is that it is still 6 vs 6 max (at least in the modes I have tried so far) so there is still way too much running around to find some action….but at least when you do find it you don't get random lag killed.

AUSAce23

good game, graphics wise it much better. ive had hos t miagration and lag. ( Goes to show Australia isn't on dedicated) other then that I like the command "xbox, Record that" records the last 30 sec of gameplay so if u do a sweet hit or something. and yeah. FYI Forza is awsum

simonm

For me , lag is worse than the 360 , seems like everyone on one team always has the advantage over the other team , there's hardly anyone online and the game is still boring (boring kill streaks , boring maps , boring progression) i mean apart from unlocking camos and playing to get more squad points where is the addictive unlock progression previous titles have given us ? disappointed

uallyn

enough with the lag comp excuses. seriously. It was funny at the end of MW3 when this term came out as the "go to excuse" for low KDRs. Lag comp has always been there. deal with the fact that your reflexes and precision aim not being as good as you thought.

I personally think it's hilarious now that no one can use a scuf controller and the new controllers do pretty much the same thing with the sensitive triggers. game-play feels much more balanced.

highlandsparky

I've not played this on the 360 as of yet, but I'm just back from a mates house who purchased the xbone...We found games with ease, Graphics looked alright, I certainly wasn't amazed...I played 4 games, all of which seemed a bit laggy, could be down to player base which was a lowly 19,000 in total of online players..... or possibly his Internet.

Either way I'm glad I've not gone down the next gen route as of yet.

TheJester42

Previous to getting the Xbone I was a PS3 guy and played Ghosts for about a week before making the switch.  Graphically I think everyone can agree that PS3 was ahead of 360, and I have to say the difference between PS3 and Xbone is incredible.  The lighting is much more natural and polished, the textures are much more crisp, and everything runs much smoother (as one would expect).  Coming from the PS3 I can definitely feel a difference on the XBone in terms of my performance (I suck now ) but it will just take some getting used to.  I have experienced some lag here and there, but that may be a result of the shitty wifi since I have yet to hardwire the console.  All in all I'd say that Ghosts is a must have for any serious FPS fan's gaming library. 

TheJester42

You can't make a blanket statement like that without an honest side by side comparison of which features are important to you. 

For me, coming from PS3, the mulitplayer for CoD on PSN is teeeerible.  At launch not everyone had mic capabilities, and that plagued the system for years to come...even those who did, often times had crappy third party devices that didn't work well at all.  Communication is key in CoD and PSN lacked it severely. 

Looking at XBone/PS4, the features of the XBone far out weigh any graphical advantage that the PS4 may offer.  The multiplayer is better, it interfaces with my cable TV, has a more comfortable controller for my large hands, and has a host of other features that I'm not even fully using yet!  Am I going to miss out on some PS4 exclusive titles from my favorite publishers? Maybe...but this is a CoD forum and the multiplayer advantages of the XBone are superior. 

jcostanzo27

sucks for you if you bought xbox 1

Lucian2014

The xbox fanboys arn't telling you the whole truth. Theres only between 20 to 30 thousand people on the whole mulitiplayer on xbox one. Ofcorse theres no lag. The 360 version has over 70 thousand playing team deathmatch alone. 360 HAS ALMOST 3OO thousand altogether is why 360 is a lagfest. Theres no dedicated servers on xbox one. Ofcorse the fanboys would love to make you think there are. But there simply not telling the whole truth. Wait till 300 thousand peeps are playing on the xbox one version. LAG LAG LAG