28 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2014 1:12 PM by TL_Bare_B_V2 RSS

How scoring works in clan wars

maccabi

I noticed a few people have been asking about this today (myself included)

Just chatted to Beachhead who have explained how the scoring system works in clan wars .

So to control a node you have to take it over by completing the required amount of challenges for example 12 wins

Once you own that node your clan receives the xp bonus associated with that node for as long as you hold it. If you continue to play that mode your wins go up meaning other clans have to do more work to take the node back.

If another clan "attacks" that node it DOESN'T add to their score it chips away at your wins first THEN the node is back in play and its first clan to get the required amount of wins who will then take that node.

So for example if my clan wins a node that's valued at 12 wins..

your clan needs to win 12 times to chip away our control

THEN win another 12 times to take control.

Once you own a node you can continue playing and adding to your wins obviously that then means any clan wanting to control has to chip away at your score more.

hope this helps peeps

cp - is awarded at differently depending on the node 

• Re: How scoring works in clan wars
    phxs72

That does help.  Is there a way to see how far along you are towards capturing a node?  I played several matches last night both with and without other clan members.  We might be close to capturing one of them but I really can't tell if the app is updating.

maccabi

phxs72 wrote:

That does help.  Is there a way to see how far along you are towards capturing a node?  I played several matches last night both with and without other clan members.  We might be close to capturing one of them but I really can't tell if the app is updating.

Yep although its slightly backwards due to the scoring system

you have to look at the top clans score first to see how many wins they have as they need to be knocked down then you lookm at your clans wins against the required number of wins to control the node

BanHaMMer

Thank you mac

Bardygrub

IIs it possible to have multiple primary targets? for example HCTDM and hckc? Or do you just go into the section and change your primary target when you change what game mode you are playing ?

BTw i I really like this clan wars! It's very well set up!

cheers

maccabi

Bardygrub wrote:

IIs it possible to have multiple primary targets? for example HCTDM and hckc? Or do you just go into the section and change your primary target when you change what game mode you are playing ?

BTw i I really like this clan wars! It's very well set up!

cheers

you can hold miultiple nodes at once.. as far as i can work out the primary target thing is just to let the rest of your clan know what node you want to go for

phxs72

Capturing more nodes does get you more CP.  Different nodes are worth different amounts of points but I haven't figured the point structure out yet.  All I know is that in my division my clan and one other clan each have two nodes but the other clan is 2 CP ahead of us.  So I can only guess that one of their nodes is more valuable than ours.  It's probably too early to tell if holding a node gets you more points but as I think about it that other clan did have one node captured a day before we captured our two.  So that may be why they have more CPs than we do.  Maybe ... maybe not?

Uzi_Does_It

I understand that part of the clan war, but how does CP work? We've captured a node and achieved 9 CP for doing so, but how do I get more cp? By capturing other nodes only or does holding this one for a length of time give CP too? I don't know why the scoring wasn't explained better.

rayray2323

I noticed that the other clan I was up against started getting a point every 2 hours or so. They were holding 4 nodes. If people start posting their observations, someone will be able to crack the other part of scoring in clan wars.

Psy419

I noticed this as well this morning. It's infuriating that we were not told about this as I thought my clan only needed to cap one more node to take the lead, and because of the "bonus" points the other clan is getting, now they still have the lead and I doubt my clan can jump into first. I'm not happy at all about this and it really pisses me off to no end that we were not kept up to date on how the scoring works!

phxs72

That holding a node CP add on has been around since the second clan war.  Beachead tweeted the change before that war started but if you weren't following them then you wouldn't know about it.  It used to be 12 points per 24 hrs but they have progressively spread it out so that you still get the 12 points over 24 hours but they are distributing it as 3 points I believe every 6 hours now.  Of course it can be a real game changer in a close war if someone holds multiple nodes.  So you have to factor that into your strategy.  That's actually how my clan broke the tie for second place in our division yesterday.  We tied them up in points but we have 3 nodes to their 1.  So we are now beating them due to the holding points.  We actually took some time yesterday to defend one of our nodes just to be sure that we would have more of them than they did even if they took another one overnight.

Sledgehammer23248

to add to this very good post...

example.  it may take 25 wins to take domination, but the team who takes can get up to 31 wins before the bar caps out and is blinking and even if you win 5 more times, it caps you at 31 so that you cannot get so far ahead that people can't catch you.  it is said to keep the games competitive.

also, say you are competing against another clan to take 12 wins of HC KC and they get there before you do and you have 10.  well, you have to first win 12 to get the other team from 12 to 0 and once they are at 0, you start at 10 and not 0.  so, you only need 14 wins to take the node.

however, if the other clan who holds the node is still playing, it may seem like it's not working because if you win and they win and they had 12, you bring them down to 11 and then their win takes them back to 12.

Sledgehammer23248

beachhead has put out a couple of videos on how the wars work... i got the info off of their twitter account.  i'm not exactly sure how the bonus points work but it has something to do with getting bonus points ('x' amount) per node you hold.

badgerlau

I tweeted them and asked for a 'sticky' CW thread in this sub-forum.  I suggested that they update it in a similar way to the patch notes thread. We need a reference point for something like the CW scoring system.

Coderednation

Appreciate it Mac. But, here is the Question I have. I am a Div Leader in a Gaming Community we been in the Platinum Div since week 2 of Clan Wars. We are currently holding every node. Do we know how many points we get every hour every two hours for holding these points. We are currently ranked first in this clan group and no way of losing it with only 3 hours left. So we get those points say HC DOM is 22 CP for catching it. How many points do you get every hour or two hours for holding these spots. We have 100 members playing beating down the competition which I would say is a very tough group. The question is how many points do we get for holding them?

WAR_PIG73

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but.... the Clan Wars are impossible to win because there is a cheat that is being done. This is how it goes: If you enter a lobby with your clan mates (your team is full) and you have another clan mate enter the lobby being on the opposing team, either way your clan wins the match. So if you have 5 members on one team and one on the opposing team you get 6 points towards the node you are trying to capture. Right now my clan is platinum division and has no chance of winning this Clan War because the top clan has over 1,000 CP from doing this cheat. We (my clan) have decided that we are no longer doing Clan Wars because of this. What's the point? I think that there should be some kind of penalty to the clans that are doing this. Unless the problem is fixed, it will continue to happen leaving all that that play the wars no chance of ever winning it honestly.

phxs72

I have had on occasion a clan member join a lobby and end up on the other team but it's never counted him in the win afterwards.  So I don't believe that this cheat that you are talking about is real.  Perhaps on occasion the system glitches but I've not seen it ever happen when I've played.  Granted it's not often that I find myself in this situation but for the 3 or 4 times over the last couple of months that it's happened with my clan I haven't seen wins count that shouldn't have.

WAR_PIG73

I would like to think that it doesn't but unfortunately it does. I have read posts on other forums of people complaining of the same thing. There's no other way to get that many CPs especially within the first hour of the wars starting and they have captured all the nodes. Either way it's bs that these people can get away with it (boosting/cheating). It just ruins it for everyone else.

phxs72

I'm not saying that cheating isn't going on.  I'm just saying that they aren't doing it via the method that you've described.  Forums are rather notorious for turning theories into facts and my experience tells me that this theory is wrong.  I'm sure though that there are ways to beat the system and cheat.  I've seen nodes go down and get captured in rather blazing speed as well.  Even ones that took 70 wins just to unlock them and anther 70 wins to take them.

thehunan

Stay with it. We were in second the time before this. After clan wars did a review of the winning clan they were DQ for cheating / boosting. It gave us first place. I am happy to see they are working on not letting the clans that don't follow the rules win.

dawg_pwnd

Good post. You're missing a couple things.

1. You get a win PER clan member who wins. For example, if you are playing with 2 other clan members and win a game, you will be awarded 3 wins. (this is why it's good to have at least 6 people in your clan so you can maximize the amount of points earned per win).

2. Your clan is awarded xp for every node in your control every few hours (I think it's 6 hours).

3. The amount of CP you get for capturing something is listed. This number goes down every time a point is captured, and goes up the longer a point remains in a clan's possession.

Helpful tip: once you capture something, go ahead and let another team bring you down to 0. You get more CP recapturing something than holding something.