22 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2013 1:58 PM by RunAndGun1 RSS

People are alredy leaving the game, getting bored very soon

LucaPac

Many people are leaving the game on the Wii U, the player today are the half than the first week, I've heard many oalyers are getting bored on the PS3 too

This the first time that it happens to me
, it feels like I've wasted 70€

These are the problems:

1) Few game modes (less than any other Call of Duty from MWR to BO2) --> only on wii u of course

2) Wonderful big maps ruined by only 12 players why no 18 players as BO2??

3) The game gives everything it got immediately, so after few matches you have already seen everything. No surprises after a couple of weeks

4) There's no reason to prestige, you don't get anything useful with the prestige

5) Extremely easy quickscoping and knifing make this a game for noobs -.-'

6) Few statistics (I love the way treyarch cares about statistics and options, i never liked the way Infinity ward neglects this things)

7) Stupid  and very annoying respawn points that invites you to turn off the console -.- People are tired to be killed by an enemy that respawns at your back, ruining their series, same for the people that dies a second after the respawn because they respawn in front of an enemy. I know you made this because maps are enormous and players are only 6 for every team, so if they respawn next to an enemy they don't have to run for a long time before they can find an enemy, but you made a mistake making respawns so next to each other.

8) No diamonds, no reason to prestige the weapon

9) No reason to up your level, you can unlock the weapons simply using the tokens, same for the equipments and perks

10) Bullet damage too high, impossible to escape when you are under fire

I hope the guys of Treyarch read this and don't make the same mistakes with the next call of duty.

I think i will drop this game before christmas, many friends of mine have already dropped it

• Re: People are alredy leaving the game, getting bored very soon
    RunAndGun1

I feel you. I too am frustrated by Ghosts. I also believe the spawns were made the way they are because of the larger maps. But, the fact is that matches aren't improved from the spawns and the matches are fine with the large maps. Its only when people start camping do the matches seem to slow down. The maps are fine.

My personal beliefs on weapons is that the weapons are not so much over-powered as they seem. It's the lag that makes them seem over powered because you don't see all the bullets being shot at you. In the killcam, you see that you were actually shot at with several bullets, but the lag "hides" this fact. That's my view on this topic. When we see COD played solely on dedicated servers, I'm betting that lag will no longer be an issue.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I'm prestige 2 level 10 and I think I'm on a dedicated server since I never had even one host migration. I'm still dying in what seems to be a one shot on my screen but the killcam shows him spraying. I know the killcams are inaccurate but even up against bots in a Local match, I'm still dying just as fast. These weapons are what would be considered as very OP in BO2.

WolfRidge

The lack of host migrations does not indicate Dedicated servers in my opinion, I was playing the other night with a friend, the connection was horrible, choppy,laggy etc.  To my surprise the host did not migrate whereas in the past it would've.

I just think these games are not meant to migrate too often, after all they don't show us any ping or give us any idea who is host?

I'm pretty sure I'm not on ded' servers as I live in the middle of nowhere

But at least it's picturesque

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

When people are reporting host migrations left and right and I'm not getting any for two prestiges in Ghosts, it suggest that my connection is different. When they were testing out the servers in BO2 on XBOX, I never had host migrations, too. When they were done testing, I was getting 2-3 host migrations on a good day. On a bad day, I was getting more.

RunAndGun1

The host migrations aren't caused by the server, they're caused by the player who's chosen as host who decides to leave the match. Causing the server to look for a "new" host. The server isn't dedicated. The server is connecting all the players together, and chooses one player - supposedly with the best connection - to "act" as the host of the match.

When I'm playing and I see a host migration under way, I usually leave because 9 times out of 10 I am chosen as the new host of that match because I have a good connection. That's why I get pissed when I hear people suggest that my connection is the cause of lag and my crappy experience. Bring in dedicated servers and we will all have a better experience.

jeffcarlb

Two new systems just came out with lots of new games. I for one play cod more than i should, but even i have taken a break to play some new stuff on my PS4.  In reality cod on Ps4, other than some tweaks feels about the same, I really wish IW would have blow our minds, but then when have they ever?

Don't fret little man the players will return once they stretch their legs. Its supply and demand and right now there is alot of supply for gaming. Seriously, who in there right mind would play contrast unless it was new on a new system.

Izjar11

There is clearly no pleasing all players if all those issues are ruining your experience, or feel wasted your best answer is to stop playing.

Mazer_Posts

The 12 players max and extreme bullet damage did it for me.

chiu0q2004

Seriously, this is absolutely the worst among the series (PS3). The best one will be COD4(MW) personally thinking. Ghost is really disappointed, many friends of me are already back to BO2 rather than Ghost. There are many players complained about these:

1) The map are disaster. Huge, but only 12 players. Complicated with no characteristics. Many maps are really similar, crashed land with crashed houses..you don't really see a point for any tactical advance or any special place to move on.

2) The sniper rifles is too strong maybe? It's an instant kill a long way hit on my lower body. It won't happened in the previous series. Sniper rifle is like a shotgun, quick and instant kill, is this a little bit over the balance? And it's obviously, many players are using sniper rifles right now, which probably because of the huge map size and instant kill. But this just really makes the game less interesting.

3) Terrible respawn place. Many uses talk about this. Spawn in front of the enemies, or just behind the enemies. Can't it just use back the old way?

4) Just personal opinions. Game modes. I hope there will be classic modes with improvement, like Capture the flag. Demolition. Sobotage, Infected (hope will have improvement).

5) Server is lag for some players. But I know this is not the fault of the game. Just hope there will be improvement, cause it seems the lag are more serious compare with the previous series.

All these bad things just making the game no fun. More players complain ppls are camping, it's a fact, you can't say those guys are wrong, but it really ruin the game experience. There must be Camping in FPS game I think, but shouldn't be such frustrated like in Ghost. Really hope IW can hear the users' complain, can make improvement on it. Thanks. If this continues, I think COD will ultimately lose its loyal fans.

FinnishER97

I can agree, that most maps feel SO DAMN big, like Stonehaven. I also hoped that with SP's it would have been like BO1's currency system. But, I'm really liking Ghosts, not the best, but still enjoyable.

Backstabber14

I agree with the no suprises thing. You can buy everything but perks with squad points, and you get so many of them that you can have all the good stuff before you're even level 20. A level 20 player can have all the good things that a lvl 60 player has.

Also I agree that you get nothing for prestiging, but this has always been the case in cod. We have never really got anything good, like something that says "look at me, I'm such a badass and a pro" except a stupid emblem which only really says "I now officially have no life".

ghamorra

I'm not 100% on this new perk system.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I feel like I'm running less perks compared to BO2.

ghamorra

If by running less perks you mean equiping 4-5 perks and but getting less "perks" then yes, I agree. At the same time I think there's too much in this game you have to protect yourself from. Like Black Ops II, the SAT COM gets called in every 30 seconds it seems so you're basically being forced to run Off the Grid. Ammo supply in this game is pathetic so you need Scavenger. That right there is 5 points just to be able to participate in the match.

RunAndGun1

I agree. I feel I have to have Scavenger for every load out. I sometimes think about grabbing an enemy weapon when I get a kill and I'm low on ammo. But, when you stop to switch it takes too much time. While you're grabbing the weapon and start moving, some enemy is already coming around the corner and taking you out.

I think the maps are fine. I don't think they're big at all. But, they seem bigger because for current gen you only get 6v6 matches. Hopefully when more dedicated servers come online you can choose 9v9 or even 12v12. That would make the maps nearly perfect regardless of their size. I don't want the clusterfk madness of BO2 because you had NO time to think. But, I think with 9v9 and 12v12 we will be able to enjoy these larger maps. And larger maps allow for a larger variety of design as well. BO2's tiny maps limited their designs to the annoyingly dated 'left-middle-right' route layouts. Talk about boring.

Dedicated servers are a must if we can expect COD to grow into a more powerful and engaging experience. The dedicated servers will give us the "power" to play 9v9, 12v12, and larger matches. Next gen consoles running COD on dedicated servers should surely open up matches to larger numbers of players.