44 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2013 3:16 AM by Jampekoo RSS

Gold guns? SERIOUSLY?

VAMPIRESLOVEJlZZZZ

Ever since Cod4 weve had the ability to obtain gold camos for our guns. And every cod has had different ways to do so. Yet ghosts has done the inevitable. Theyve made going for gold guns... HORRIBLY PAINFUL! I dont mind the no attachments, i dont mind the 500 kills, hell i dont even mind the crouch kills.. But lean kills? prone kills? WTF IS THIS? Im going for the gold L115 and im pulling my hair out trying to get these camos while still enjoying the game and it is simply IMPOSSIBLE.

I dont use the lean feature because its useless, but to get gold im FORCED to lean? WTF IS THIS? And going prone? GHOSTS! I dont WANT to camp, i want to run around and do my own thing, quickscope here n there, no scope for fun, and eventually get my gold camo, but i cant!. Your forcing me to camp and play like a ***** to get these camos..

PLEASE change the gold camo requirements to something like this "Get 7 our of 10 camos" for gold camo. That way we can choose which camos to go for. Or make it like 1000 kills for gold! BUT PLEASE DONT MAKE ME CAMP!

• Re: Gold guns? SERIOUSLY?
    TheBeastlyDude

You only camp because you don't know how to use the lean feature to go cover to cover to get kills. I've gotten lean kills from running up to a vehicle, leaning and getting a quick kill, and then moving on.

As for prone, run around and listen for the enemy. Be patient. When you hear someone, drop, and nail them. Not all that difficult if you are willing to adapt and use all the tools you have been given, including sight, hearing and common sense.

VAMPIRESLOVEJlZZZZ

I turned the lean feature off because its stupid. Therese no need to lean when you can drop shot or jump shot. Leaning and going prone in the back of the map is for cowards and campers. I want to get my camos by playing the way I WANT to play. I shouldn't be forced to play like a coward. Getting gold should be an accomplishment and feel rewarding. Not like a grind.

TheBeastlyDude

If you know how to drop shot, how is killing others in prone so hard?

And as long as you are not willing to change your ways, why should IW change their ways? People have already earned gold camos for their guns, so its not impossible. Sorry, but you're just not going to be happy.

VAMPIRESLOVEJlZZZZ

Clearly you're incapable of reading. It's not hard, it's cowardly. IW is famous for making **** mechanics like this. Should i remind you of noob tubes from mw2+1MA? Never fixed. FMG9 akimbo? Patched but still OP? Any death streaks? Now we have stupid challenges to get gold guns that look more like spray paint then anything else. Dropshotting requires skill, laying prone in the back corner hoping people walk by you does not. Its boring and noone should have to do so to get a camo.

Please take the post into consideration before blindly posting dribble, thank you!

TheBeastlyDude

Dropshotting requires skill? I use to use R3 as my crouch/prone button because I use to panic knife while I was shooting. There was no skill there, just me not doing well with the buttons.

So you already know they won't change anything, why bother? Now you attack IW and Gold guns because you can't get them but you just said you want it easier to get. Can't handle a challenge? Would it really take you, Mr Skillful, to get those few measly kills?

Chucky6661

Cowardly? You make yourself sound stupid. It's a useful game mechanic that you don't want to use. I fail to understand how you can do something on this game and be considered 'cowardly'. It's not real life buddy...        As for the gold guns, I think it's a bit stupid to have it on the snipers I must agree on that one.

MysteriousDeeds

Now we have stupid challenges to get gold guns that look more like spray paint then anything else.

Picked up a gold AK-12 the other night playing, and I was saying this exact thing. It's the only gun I've seen gold thus far, and I wasn't impressed.

NoMoreMyFriend-S

How old are you, mate?

VAMPIRESLOVEJlZZZZ

24. And all im saying is, to get gold guns we shouldn't be forced to use a horrible and useless mechanic. Thats it, the prone kills is boring but i can grind those out on stonehaven, boring but not hard. But the lean kills? You need to find a high trafic area, with limited access to your back, fine a corner you CAN lean around, and camp... That's stupid. Or you can do what mister guy suggested and run around and try to tactically lean, tried that and got maybe 3 kills using the lean feature. By camping i went 7-1 in a tdm. Boring but i got more then the tactical strategy.

Look back and black ops 1 gold, i think those looked the best imo. Black ops 2 looked glossy and mw3 looked literally like they were covered in urine. Ghosts looks like spray paint, not hating, i want that ****! Just pointing it out is all.

TRU11

MW  was really hard to earn a golden weapon ( except desert eagle)

these games its easy.

Schoat333

Nobody is forcing you to unlock camo's. IMO it should be that hard, and that's also why I don't bother with them.

WheresMyName

Can't believe people actually care about Gold camos

sstang1

I totally agree with the OP - Getting Lean Kills sucks - I Run n Gun and don't want to camp hoping to get a lean kill.

They should at least reduce the lean kills to 50 for Assault Rifles 100 is crazy.

Izjar11

VAMPIRESLOVEJlZZZZ wrote:

BUT PLEASE DONT MAKE ME CAMP!

They will not change anything because you do not like to "camp" or lean. I once (many years ago) felt mad at players who hide or "camp" and that was pointless. Play the game as you can and want, get a few lean kills here and there and slowly earn your unlock. There is nothing cowardly about using the lean option, and truthfully there is nothing cowardly in anything related to COD.

VAMPIRESLOVEJlZZZZ

By not running around you force the enemies to slow down their gameplay or adapt accordingly. This is a cowardly strategy, not saying it doesn't work. And i was talking about prone kills when i said cowardly.

Izjar11

VAMPIRESLOVEJlZZZZ wrote:

By not running around you force the enemies to slow down their gameplay or adapt accordingly. This is a cowardly strategy, not saying it doesn't work. And i was talking about prone kills when i said cowardly.

Stating or believe that anything in the game is cowardly means you have been convinced that your way of playing is the only way of playing, and that is one big mistake many make and then quit this game. Because they believe themselves better, and cannot deal with others who fight differently.

06kev12

All I hear is "waaaaaaah, waaaaaaah, waaaaaah".

NaTuReS_FrEaK

a lot of people dont like change and i see you as one of them, leaning got introduced and you dont like it, trust me adapt and you will do better at the game

Capt_Teabagger

I want I want I want, but I don't want to do the work for it.  Sounds just like a 5 year old.

Brag about your QS and no scope skills yet can't learn how to get lean kills. You just want to run n gun with a sniper rifle so you can get 1 shot kills.  And not 4-5 bullets from an AR or smg.  And if you disabled the lean function, guess what? You will never have a gold camo period.

sennalike

I'm enjoying a move that might help you enjoy getting those prone kills. Run, slide, keep your finger on R3 and go to prone, shoot, kill, stand, move on. I'm loving it.

theroc23

The OP's contention that "lean" & "prone" are ONLY used at the "back of the map" tells me that he's not a very versatile player in general. LOL 

VAMPIRESLOVEJlZZZZ

And suggesting proning on the map is a legitimate strategy tells me you're the kind of player that i hate

theroc23

I almost never go prone, in truth I'm not really that versatile either, but I see other players effectively doing it all over the map. Anyway, that's the challenge Treyarch has presented for gold...and it really don't make squat if individuals like us do or don't like someone else's play-style. We're no more than extremely small and somewhat irrelevant cogs when it comes to how we THINK **** should be. 

Highwayman0226

You use "HORRIBLY PAINFUL" and "IMPOSSIBLE", then state that it isn't hard.  If you want gold camo, do what the list says, or just go do your own thing.

MrZombieClowns

THIS THREAD? SERIOUSLY?

Electoblaze9

I agree with the original post.

Even though I'm really enjoying Ghosts, I also think the Gold Gun camo requirements are ridiculous. If I could choose, I would just disable leaning completely (although I can't since I want gold camo...)

Also, I agree that forcing players to go prone encourages them to camp. The prone requirement was just plain wrong and it's one of the areas where IW utterly failed, IMO. I like how you have different "challenges" for getting gold camo, but the prone and lean "challenges" have to go.

jeffcarlb

I agree with op the lean sucks. Its fine to have it in the game to give campers some variety. but a requirement to camp so that you can complete a challenge is lame.  My biggest gripe is that you are exposed.  Maybe if it was more of a head glitch action,  but 99% of the time you are completely exposed. And depending on the angle  enemies can see you and you cant see them. Its hard enough having to awkwardly approach a wall at a perfect angle but  to have my entire body revealed in a stationary fashion is just stupid.you get a far better result using stalker and strafing out firing, then you can with lean.

AhShay83

When I do lean it likes to stop leaning as if I let go of the button. I can understand going out of the lean when you look so far in either direction but it starts to go in and out when I just sit there aimed in one direction even for 5 second.

St_-_ANG3R

I personally think that the gold in ghosts doesn't look good at all, no where near as nice as it looked in the previous 3 cod's (bo1, mw3, and bo2).  In ghosts the gold guns look more like nasty greenish yellow plastic guns.  As far as camping goes, you better get used to it because it appears to me that all of these maps were made for camping.

AhShay83

The only one I have a problem is the rescue kills. I play hardcore only and have only gotten about 20 between two guns. The rest I have had no problem getting and doesn't take long to get.

SGR-HoMiCiDe

I already have a gold camo L115 and am currently getting the lean kills for my USR and that will be gold as well. I agree, it did kind of suck at first that they made you use the lean mechanic, but as time progresses, you get used to it. My advice for snipers is play Domination or Blitz, something where it is easy to determine the spawns of the enemy team. Play with a team that can help you camp out their spawn. 2 of the best maps for me for lean kills are Siege and Stonehaven on Domination. Siege is simple, cap A and B, move forward into their building just after B, and lean on the wall to the left infront of the tunnel. If your team traps them correctly, most of the time they will run out of their spawn hallway, right into your scope. For Stonehaven, cap A and C, go to the ruins, infront of the flag, (above and below) there will be a spot to lean and you can scope down into the little room with the stairs. I recommend variable zoom for stonehaven. Easiest way to get lean kills with snipers that I've discovered so far. Goodluck to you.

Jampekoo

"I like to run around with my sniper, just abusing the game mechanics and showing my 12yrs old buddies some crazy QS-sh1t and tr1ckzzzsh0tting, instead of every once and now taking few prone and lean kills." What can I say?