43 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2013 1:19 AM by Ateo1988 RSS

Tryhard? Why wouldn't I try hard?

Ateo1988

Okay, listen people, we have gotta grow up. Why do some players feel that they are justified in talking crap when they lose a match and no one on the winning team said anything to them. I had someone call me and my friend a tryhard the other day because we DESTROYED the other team and me and my buddy were on the top...Let me just say "ouch", gotta tell ya that really hurt...All people care about when playing CoD is having a good match, positive K/D, and winning that match, so why do we call them "tryhards" like it is some kind of an insult? If you lost to me and now I'm a "tryhard" I guess that makes you a "not try hard enough..." Have we really gotten to that point of such laziness that when people point out our ambition to try, it is a bad thing? Funny. Thoughts?

• Re: Tryhard? Why wouldn't I try hard?
    raabstyle

I say, to each his own. Like you, I "tryhard", I'm competitive and try to win and do my best every game. Others aren't as competitive and they care less about winning or what their stats are. What I have found though, is that if someone is calling you out for being a "tryhard", is that they to are "tryhards" and are just pissed b/c your "tryhard" > their "tryhard".

Ateo1988

LOL! All of the "tryhard" used in ur message...hilarious. but yeah, lemme tell ya, these guys that call everyone tryhards, they sure do "tryhard" to be mean. When I play with no lag, I am very good and have a great time. I just wanna have fun. I care about winning and K/D, but if I lose, I say to myself "Awwww, darn," and move on. If I lost oh well. If I win, I honestly don't care that much either unless it's me and a clan I'm with. I just really wanna finish top 2 with a positive K/D and I'm happy. If not, I don't freak out, unless it is directed at lag, not people. they are trying to kill me and win, so why get mad at 'em for it?

NaTuReS_FrEaK

because you are not an MLG player therefore you are a tryhard

Ateo1988

Thank you again, NaTuReS_FrEaK for your super nice, non-troll-like remarks. That's right I am NOT a MLG and YES I tryhard. I don't have to be MLG to be a good player, and I am fine with that. So if I am understanding, anybody that is an MLG actually IS a tryhard, they just go by a different name because they are in a special "elite" group of snobby self-righteous tryhards? Is that right? And because I am not a dignified member of this, I just get the title of "tryhard?"

NaTuReS_FrEaK

cant tell if that is sarcasm or if you really think im trolling lol, the reason i said that is if you ever watch MLG players live stream no one will ever say that they are trying hard because that is just how they play so when people get destroyed from good players (such as yourself) they cant take it and look for a term to call you and the best they can come up with is tryhard, im just surprised you did not get called a camper

Ateo1988

My bad NaTuReS_FrEaK, I thought you were being insulting the way it was phrased. appreciate you clearing that up...sorry. anyway, I have had people call me camper, but I don't camp, I run 'n gun, baby! If I snipe, I don't favor quickscopers, so I will run the map with a secondary at the ready, and when I see a target, I stop to line up the shot and kill him. I never hang in the same place more than a few seconds. I have had people call me a camper because they were pissed they lost. It was actually on the same map as the "tryhard" comment come to think of it. Slums map on BO2, in the "office" or whatever with the plate glass windows, they were camping and me and 2 others rushed them and took them out, and it was the game winning rush, so they called us campers. Don't know how that works?

Capt_Teabagger

I love being called a camper or in this case tryhard it usually means I have done my job for my team and killed as many enemies as possible.  And I really love it when I have done it well enough to have some 14-15 year kid just totally raging in the lobby after a match. I am just an average player at best, so I can only imagine what happens when these same people run up against a truely good player.

MysteriousDeeds

Hello my name is MysteriousDeeds and I'm a TryHard! (in my AA meeting voice)

Schoat333

I just mute those idiots. These are the same people that rage when you kill them.

W_E_A_P_0_N_11_

Tryhard is normally said by other players who were trying hard, but got beat.. but there are some players that do not try and just p,ay to run around

i have a second account that I use just for sniping.. when i snipe i dont really care if i win, my only concern is trying to do the best I can with a sniper ( i also play FFA).. however if someone in the lobby who is winning, and is gloating about it, I will switch to my "try hard class"

did this twice last night.. pissed them off because i won, and i ruined their win streak.. hey they told me to switch.. they felt cocky

TRU11

just thank them for the compliment and hear them either STFU or try to explain how its supposed te be negative.

either way you will be laughing.

TheBeastlyDude

Everytime I get called a tryhard, I age about 20 years, put on my old man pants, and I lecture the little brats about the value of hard work and rant about how kids these days handed everything. I bring up how they have no idea what it is like to put a hard's day work in, mommy and daddy buying them everything and how they are walking billboards in favor of abstinence because children like them are our future and the future is bleak without those who are willing to work hard to accomplish goals.

ameeer

well it doesn't matter any more the game sucks and no one should be mad over a hacked game that brings questions

on the integrity of every match

TheBeastlyDude

If it doesn't matter, why did you have to put your 2 cents in?

ameeer

like i knew the game will be unplayable , every year i buy the new cod and sell the old one

it went well untill i met with ghost

laging , hacking , no one from my friends are playing it ,,,,,,,,,,,,, this game sucks

actually most of my friends don't even play any cod game any more ,,,,,, so sad but it is true

TheBeastlyDude

I forgot, Ghosts is the first COD game to lag and hack. As for your friends, it's too bad you don't know how to make new friends.

As much as I love my cell phone, I thank God every day I grew up without one and learned to interact socially with people.

Ateo1988

TRUF!! I agree about the cell phone! I am 25 and STILL don't have one! I can't afford it, but even if I could, I wouldn't get one. people seem to think it's a friggin vital organ! I love my PS3 and TV, but I am tired of trying to hang with people and their noses are stuck in a phone. My 28 year old sister was texting underneath the table at Thanksgiving dinner! My 7 year old daughter's school is giving IPADs to all the kids to use. It pisses me off. There is no human connection anymore. I want my children to KNOW stuff, not just be good at googling it with a damn IPAD!

NaTuReS_FrEaK

im 18 and dont have one lol, im more of an older generation kind of a person, my dad has asked me many times if i wanted one i just dont give a dam about CELLPHONES, what i find awesome is that they miss out a lot by sticking their noses into cellphones all the time, if you play a great prank on their friend the miss out the fun, almost everyone in my business class is more focused on their cellphones then what the teacher has to say, which is sad considering the business teacher is amazing, he acts more like a father to the class and tells us all about amazing opportunities we can have after we complete high school and what not, and he is really interesting to just listen to i can sit their and listen to him for hours, but let me tell you TBD if my generation makes laws and rules of the society i bet you the money equal to your age that they will google what the laws and rules of the society should be lol

Ateo1988

There are some people out there who I just can't stand, like this one dude who keeps trolling me on the forums about being a fool for believing the hype about how good the next CoDs are supposed to be, yada, yada... But the truth is for the most part I really like people and want more face time with them. Screw cell phones and skype and whatnot. There are some amazing people out there who want to know other good people as well, but society has groomed us to be more lazy and closed off than ever. I defy that. There is no logic in it. And, to my personal hater on here, my answers are not ignorant, yours are. You keep calling people fools and everything for trying to trust that a well-established game company means what they say when they tell us that they have a great game coming. Do we all just say "yeah, right" and not believe them or give them benefit of the doubt? Fine, how about none of us EVER buy a CoD game again, then IW and TA go out of business and a great few games never get made? Ignorant? I don't think so. Take your rude comments elsewhere. I have my opinions and you have yours, but when you start making it personal and insulting my intelligence, then I could care less about your opinion, and you are the ignorant one. Chill bro, this is a community.

TG-ThoMz

Just mute players and play how you want.. just trying to get under your skin.

Personally i usually don't try very hard- get too frustrated with some of the 'quirks' in the game if i do. But go all out if that's what you enjoy man..

Shut up and play right?

veilofmaya

i actually had a situation like this happen...i pooped on these guys in game...called me a tryhard via message...i replied "why play the game if you arent going to try"  and replied kindly "i guess you're right..sorry" made my day

domshow1991

Who cares, its a video game. Having a good k/d or high winning percentage does not get you anywhere in life, To the ppl who call you tryhard cause u had a good game, need to shut up, Its a video game meant to have fun with your friends not a game where you get insulted cause you had a good game.

Ateo1988

I actually look forward to people calling me a tryhard. Yeah, it is irritating because it is somehow meant to be mean, but when they do call me one, I just laugh and mock how "bad" they hurt my feelings. I just say, "I guess that makes you a 'Not-try-hard-enough' then."

P34nut

What I think people mean by try hard is that you take the game too seriously. You have a class to counter act every other class that your opponents might be using, You have specific classes for each map, you have different streaks for each map and so on blah blah. Maybe you play the game more than you hang out with your real life friends and dedicate your life to Call of Duty.

That's my thoughts on what people call try hards.

TheBeastlyDude

Sounds like a good definition, but much like "camper" it has turned to anyone who is better than the one who called out the word. These losers have to make excuses for losing to save face in front of their friends, much like calling out camper everytime they get killed.

Ateo1988

I guess I am half of a tryhard. I use 3 different classes usually. An assault rifle as my primarily used firearm, then a sniping class for maps like stormfront, stonehaven and the like, and then the third is usually just a tryout class, where I keep changing the weapon to try new ones in case I get bored with the one I been using. I recently changed to the MTAR-X. LOVE IT! It is in my primary class now. I don't change killstreaks according to maps, or perks. And I don't freak when I lose. I actually try to spend as much time with real people as I can. I got two kids who are way more important than this game.

ANWRambo

PSA TO ALL TRYHARDS.

TRY HARDER!

Tryhard = A person usually of little talent who tries hard, especially through imitation, to succeed, usually to gain fame or popularity

1. A face-saving insult used by someone who is feeling inadequate. Basically accuses anyone who is better than them at anything of putting in effort. Doubles as an excuse for sucking by implying lack of effort on the speaker's part.

2. An insult blatantly misused by 13-year-old kiddies in online gaming who, ironically, try very hard to win themselves and take it too seriously when they lose.

3. Someone who tries too hard to fit in. Easy to spot online because of their constant use of trendy internet slang such as "fail", "cool story bro", and "tryhard".

After a match a tryhard will make up excuses of why they lost.

Calling the winner a "Tryhard", cheater, hacker, lag switcher or blame it on lag.

They never except that fact that they lost because they have no skill yet tried so hard to win.

They love to sit in a corner on COD and talk crap the whole match with a negative K/D at the end.

That is a true TRYHARD.

Forever alone....at the bottom.

sennalike

For many they never lose because they were outplayed. It's always because the enemy was some form of lower life, a hacker, a camper or a tryhard. Never because they were simply better.