23 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2013 1:01 PM by Spacious_Fissure RSS

Keep me out of non-North American lobbies please!

M4GNUM

Is this something that can be fixed? I understand that this game was built around dedicated servers, but since they aren't here, can matchmaking be improved? I also understand that with fewer amounts of players, the lobbies can get mingled altogether.

From what I hear from other people, and I agree, is that we'd love to be able to filter games by region. I'd rather wait 30 minutes for a game than spend 10 minutes in a laggy-ass game with the French, Holland, Australian, Latin, or KOS guys (Spain I think). Cool guys, yes. But, nothing makes me quit playing this game more than the lag that's caused by the game for some reason thinking I should order Rosetta Stone and invent my own super fibre internet webz in order to game with these people across the world. And I'd think that Activision would prefer to not have people leaving their game.

My wish list:

1) Ability to search games by region

2) Ability to search games by best, normal, all

3) Ability to see players ping to server by some sort of visual indicator so I can decide to stay or leave

4) Ability to, as a lobby, vote to kick someone out who is making the lobby lag (or trolling/boosting/cheating). 3/4 of the lobby wants a player gone...s/he's gone

5) Improve the crazy amount of lag that's caused by a player doing split screen (one on tv, one on gamepad)...it's amazing how screwed up the lag gets when these guys are in the lobby

6) Ability for parties to invite and/or join other parties - why this doesn't exist is beyond me. I'd love to just hang out with other full parties all night than take our chances with anything that could cause more lag than is needed

• Re: Keep me out of non-North American lobbies please!
    WiimotesRus02

KoS are Spanish and WZ are from Cypress or Greece, and we too in the UK or the American members of my clan also have a lot of trouble with them. Just can't compete like we used to on the old Wii. They also had the best side of conn in reflex, but that changed in Bo1, MW3 was ok, but on the U, absolutely no chance, and I can't get away from them due to lack of numbers. Get a whole team of them and we might as well just leave the lobby..

RAGEmajichands

actually spain has the best wifi in europe if not the world, even the local buses have top speeds. saying as this game has been unplayable since the start (for me), hopefully the update has swapped my connection with someone that never has problems.....say nintendont, just so they know lag is real and were not all suddenly crap players.

M4GNUM

It's not really an issue of how good Spain's wifi is...it's how long it takes that wifi to reach an american server or an american wifi to reach a Spanish server.

There are a few people in that "butter zone" who consistently have a good connection. Nintendont has a 3+ KDR. The only people I know who have that high of a KDR are people that only camp (one in my clan does - drives me crazy). But I don't think he camps at all. It's not a matter of him being the best player in the world (I'm not saying he isn't good though)...but it's all about connection. I think many/most people lag against him. Same with Void. Both are great players, but it's not always skill in this interwebz-based game. To dismiss connection is ridiculous. If I lag and you don't, it doesn't take rocket science to know who will win. And it bothers me to know that people who lag are being accused of using "lag" as an excuse to rationalize their sucky skill. I would be the first to admit I sucked if I truly did. But I don't and I'm not inventing this fantasy of lag to feel better about myself and a silly video game. Something is wrong if I go 33-2 one minute and 3-19 the next in a lobby filled with the same people. My consistency is a roller coaster and it's 90% lag-based...not skill-based. Something is wrong if shots don't register. Something is wrong if there are no hitmarkers. Something is wrong if people are skipping across the screen. Something is wrong if teleport all over the map or go 5 feet forward but end up 8 feet backward. None of that is a fantasy or something I make up in order to feel better about my lack of skill.

WiimotesRus02

Well at certain times of the day they have the same issues with Americans, so they told us on our forum back in Bo2, as soon as they saw someone they die instantly. Not sure how it is with them in ghosts but from experience they seem to have it good, and they are further away from the states than I am, so I just don't know what to think. All I know as far as CoD goes, I've wasted a lot of money on the WiiU and Bo2 and ghosts..

BobbyMcGee

i agree with all but number 4. its a good idea but i feel people would somehow exploit it. other than that ive been posting the same requests constantly.

darkfox2071

Agreed with everything except 4 people will just abuse the system when they get beat.

I don't really know but for some reason I get put into German and French lobbies left and right and I'm from Central America with 20 upload and 20 download so it's beyond my mind when sometimes people playing off their phone internet get host

Pwnsweet

M4GNUM wrote:

I'd rather wait 30 minutes for a game than spend 10 minutes in a laggy-ass game with the French, Holland, Australian...

I know this'll sound sadistic, but it's hilarious seeing the complaints of Americans that are finally on the bad end of lag. Just know that I've been playing with that amount of lag in every game mode except TDM (and even sometimes in TDM) since Black Ops 1. In Ghosts it's quite literally 98% of the time regardless of game mode.

BobbyMcGee

there have been server updates to improve matchmaking in the past hour id like to see how this goes...

Padiego

This has been my experience the past couple of weeks.....

I usually play with Fissure and Chilenozo. We're all basically on the East Coast, so logic would dictate that we would get put in a match with an American host, likely one from the East Coast.

Nope.

9/10 times we get put into a freaking european lobby where everyone's speaking french, dutch, german, russian, and the like.

1/10 times we get put in a LITERAL American lobby.....as in, everyone's from Central or South America.

I just wanna play with someone from this country damn it.....