29 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2013 1:06 AM by OFC-Giorgio RSS

Matchmaking problem A_TREY_U

DespyCL

I'm from south america and since last update i cant find a match in any game mode... The game was fine before the update, i love to play search and rescue and infected, but now i cant... Atreyu can you do something? i dont know... making the servers like the were before the update or adding an option to search for "normal" or "any" type of lobbies, just like in black ops 2...

I was playing ghosts since its launch and now thaks to this the game is unplayable, at least for me and more people from south america... (a few, since most of them are still playing black ops 2 and its hard to find them here)...

Thanks.

• Re: Matchmaking problem A_TREY_U
    BobbyMcGee

i dont mean to sound like a jerk, but every south american lobby i get put in lags like crazy. i think thats why they changed things. idk.

DespyCL

I never had a problem in usa lobbies, all of them were fluid and they had no problem with the few south american guys that got into them. What i'm asking for is for a matchmaking option like the one that was on black ops 2, because now no one of us is able to find a match.

WiimotesRus02

Although we had some games it was pretty much like this for me last night. When we did get some games it was with the same people. I tried some games today and couldn't get in my usual hctdm mode, so I had to play core. Don't know if this is because there are more people like you or if its just no one playing, idk, I'm from the uk btw, and the games I had before were very laggy, but since the update they are running more smooth. I want to see if its the same when I join my American team mates..

PenguinAvenger

I remember that in BO2 I could find matches anywhere, until they did the matchmaking update.  Then I couldnt find matches anywhere.  On ghosts though, after the update I have a better matchmaking system and I can now find regional matches, not matches with people from the other side of the world.

DespyCL

Thats the problem... I'm from south america and i cant even join a nort america match since last update... so? How we're supposed to play when we cant find a single match?

Ryumaou

PenguinAvenger wrote:

after the update I have a better matchmaking system and I can now find regional matches, not matches with people from the other side of the world.

It has always searched for regional lobbies first. The thing with the previous matchmaking was that it tried to merch lobbies all over the globe every few seconds if the regional lobby wasn't full enough. (Although I rarely had problems with connection quality in Ghosts I can understand that for some players the first merching was initiated a bit too fast)

Now it seems it just doesn't do this at all anymore or takes like forever. The right thing would be either finding something in between. Or give the option for setting the serach scope.

DespyCL

This is getting really annoying, i spent 60 bucks for this game and now i cant play online... I tried again to find a match and all i see is this "no good games founds" and "no match found", before the update i always found matches... now? sheesh...

BobbyMcGee

you said yourself there are very few south american players. i dont know what you expect when hardly anybody plays on this console. i live in ny and have to wait a bit longer for the lobbies to fill, but the connection quality seems much improved. ive noticed a slight jitter after a movement when hosting, otherwise its finally running really well.

i dont mean to come off the wrong way. 800 people play and theyre mostly US or UK players. its not the game or matchmaking in your case, it is the region you live in. maybe if you could search on any but i dont see those options being added back...

DespyCL

What i expect is to play with nort american players, i dont care if im lagging, i just want to play...

Bcsamsquatch

well on the other side we care if were laggy.

DespyCL

if you are the host and i join you, ill be the one with lag, not you. Im just asking for a search filter system like in bo2 or something else that make me and you happy...

M4GNUM

It doesn't always work that way though. What I've seen is very odd and inconsistent of any pattern. We play with a guy from Australia. There are times when he can't be killed. There are times when he is in god mode. And from what we can tell, it doesn't matter if he or someone else is hosting. To be honest, I would rather the game play awesome all of the time or bad all of the time. This up/down, awesome/bad roller coaster is frustrating as hell...mainly because you can't predict and adapt.

But I agree...there should be a region filter and search filter. If you have yours set to "all" and I have mine set to "best" or "North America" (region) only...we should, in theory, never see each other. And that's how I want it, to be honest. But if I'm feeling crazy and set mine to "all" like yours, then we should see each other and most likely lag.

BobbyMcGee

yeah i understand, but what you arent trying to realize is i dont want an enemy i cant kill because hes teleporting across the map.

DespyCL

Well, in all the matches i were angaist nort american players all of them were able to see me playing normaly, i have a nice internet connection so i dont see the point of the update to make most players play without problems and let the others like me alone cuz we are not from usa...

BobbyMcGee

all i can say is that our playerbase is tiny, im surprised i can find games. you have to realize your on a console hardly anybody plays anywhere, and youre in a region with even less u players. have you looked at the heatmap lately? idk what else to say.

Battlestar1

I'm from north america and since the last update im lucky if i can even find one game. every lobby i try to join be it team death match, domination, free for all or hardcore games it says no games or 1 game. i know our community is small but i never had a problem finding a lobby before the last update. either everyone got PS4 or xbox one in the last two days or something is wrong. this game just gets worse with every update. ive been playing squads or black ops 2 cuz i cant find a lobby, its ridiculous.

Pwnsweet

He's right. I was joining FFA lobbies before the patch, now I can search all day and won't join one. They need to make matchmaking like MW3, where the search net would increase until you found a lobby.

like2nap03

One thing I noticed is ever since the patch it seems like TDM searches only find 10 games.  I always connect right away.  Just for the heck of it I left a match and search again to see what would happen.  It put me right back in the same one which is what I thought was going to happen since it only found 10.  I haven't had to wait for TDM matches.  Or infected matches for that matter.  I tried that out today cause the wife wanted to see it.  There was 100 people playing and it found a match within a few seconds.  It was cool until one of the infected got in my sights.  The hit detection was non existent.  I couldn't shoot anyone.  Knifing as one of the infected worked fine.  Maybe it was just a laggy lobby.  IDK.

BobbyMcGee

i have really been enjoying this game mode. i think the problem with hit detection is the infected move like maniacs on steroids lol. if your trying to hit an infected with that crap bulldog that dont fire 20 feet, and his connection is poor, well, you do the math. but yeah i had the same experience leaving matches, only to be put back in that same match, pre-patch...

OFC-Giorgio

Friday and yesterday we had to wait 20 to 45 minutes to get a hctdm game. Region: The Netherlands

@atreyu

Please advice