5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2013 5:52 AM by gigitygigity RSS

Kontrol Freeks on the PS4 Dualshock 4?

Electoblaze9

This is more of an open ended discussion than a question:

Who here likes to use Kontrol Freeks on their PS4 controllers? I have them for PS3 and I absolutely love them. Partially because PS3 controller had many flaws by default. However, I've heard that the PS4 dualshock 4 is nearly perfect in every way compared to the PS3 controller. Is it good without kontrol freeks? Has anyone had any success with them on PS4?

Btw, I know that there are newer next gen versions of Kontrol Freeks.

• Re: Kontrol Freeks on the PS4 Dualshock 4?
    WhyNoName

I used freeks on my ps3 controller and I miss them on the ps4 controller.  Although the ps4 controller is much better than the ps3 controller, I like the added height the freeks give to the thumb sticks.  The ps4 sticks are much better and the handles fit your grip better.  I just like the sticks to be a bit taller.

ultimaterider1

kinda funny, i have control freeks on my ps3 controller and I use the same ones for the ps4 controller and it works fine for me wonder why people are having trouble with them on the ps4. I use the FPS Freek Infinity

WhyNoName

KF are working on ps4 freeks (as well as xbox one) that are made specifically for the new controllers.  I'm not trying the ps3 ones on it as even on the ps3 controller, the clamps of the freeks hit the edge of the controller and scuff it up and also limit some movement if hit exactly right.  I didn't want to scuff up my new controller so I figured I would just wait for the newly designed ones to come out.  KF mentioned that the ps3 ones work for the most part on ps4 controllers but they said they could fall off/slip if pushed too hard.

vV_M30W_Vv

Been using the ones from the PS3 on the DS4. They actually seem to be more secure on the DS4 than they were on the DS3. I use a sniper on the right and one of the shorter CQB's on the left. The DS4 sticks seem shorter than the DS3 sticks and I pretty much needed the Kontrol Freeks just to get the height up where I needed them.

gigitygigity

I use mine from the PS3 on the PS4 and honestly I think the DS3 is much better than the DS4. I don't like the triggers being more predominant in the R2/L2 slot. Why Ghosts changed the default to this is beyond me. I also find the analogue sticks kinda stiff. But worst of all it the battery life which in comparison to the DS3 is absolutely atrocious.