10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2013 2:40 PM by Fabiodens RSS

32 Bit with 4gb RAM?

RhymeOnTheRag

Will Ghosts open up if I have 4gb RAM they say it will run with 4 now due to patch with 32 bit will it open up?

• Re: 32 Bit with 4gb RAM?
    DJ-Bubblez

Lol, it might be able to open but would take really long and when u go in you won't be able to load the maps cause u only have 4 gb ram and 32 bit.... they said u can open with it but they never said u can play...

Nick_q

@DJ-Bubblez I have 4gb ram and i run the game properly without lag issues (it is proven that the game uses only 2 gb ram)

Nick_q

DJ-Bubblez how fast you are loading the maps depends on your hard-disc or your ssd speed

kRoOkEd

That is not correct. How fast you load into a multiplayer game is based on your connection to the match and the players in it. Black Ops 2 on an SSD loads the map and sets you in a match in 3 seconds because it uses dedicated servers so is able to use your SSD to load the map easily. In Ghosts unfortunately this process is much longer because your not going to get into the match until your connected to your peers and the match server. Ghosts does not benefit from SSD.  What a Waste.

Shock720

No game is still 64-bit only. Will not run on 32-bit.

YuriUA

Keep in mind that 32-bit systems can use up to 4gb RAM, including memory of your video card and some other limitations, available RAM is typically around 3gb on 32-bit system even if 4gb is installed.

Momba1

As Shock720 said but to be clear, IW changed the '6GB' RAM minimum down to 4GB of RAM but the Game itself is 64-bit so your OS must be 64-bit or the game will not run.

LoL4Ever

Ghosts wont run on 32-Bit systems. And, unlike the previous 6 GB Limitation, 64-Bit is actually required since the game uses >2 GB RAM (usually around 2.8 on my System), and 32 Bit systems can only allocate up to 2 GB to a single application.

OGHuxtable

Hi there,

Please be sure you are meeting the minimum requirement to run the game properly Activision Support

Regards ^AH

Fabiodens

Your game will encounter some difficulties running the game.

Here's the minimum requirements for the game:

Minimum System Requirements:

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Hard Disk Space: 40 GB

Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better

Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

DirectX®: DirectX® 11

Internet: Broadband Internet connection for Steam and Online Multiplayer.

Your RAM is good, but you need to upgrade your OS to 64-bit or you will encounter game crashes or issues.