2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2013 10:14 AM by SavageHam RSS

Why is MP gaming on XBOX One impossible?

COLMAT

Dear community,

I have very strange problems with CoD Ghosts on XBOX One playing MP games. My X1 is connected to the Internet via an VDSL line (50MBit downstream, 10MBit upstream). If I select multiplayer game (XBOX Live), either one of the following happens:

1.) Browse for a game -> Game exits without message to dashboard

2.) Browse for a game -> level is loading -> Game exits without message to dashboard

3.) Browse for a game -> level is loading -> can play -> Game exits BEFORE summary page is shown without message to dashboard.

I tried everything now:

- cabled or WIFI

- X1 exposed to Internet (bypassing firewall completely)

- UPNP on/off

- IPV6 on/off

- port forwarding rules for well known UDP/TCP ports active / inactive

This weekend, I could play 10 out of 50 (!!!) tries. Is anyone else experiencing problems like this? Other games work like a rock, just CoD Ghosts is having this massive problems.

Thx.

• Re: Why is MP gaming on XBOX One impossible?
    maccabi

the ports you need forwarded for ghosts on xb1 are as follows

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

UDP Port 3544 (UDP)

UDP Port 4500 (UDP)

you were right to turn off ipv6 on your router and id suggest leaving it off.

one thing that "may" help you is when you load the game get as far as the main menu do not load the mp, then snap IE on the xb1 and open any web page (google for example) then snap back to the game and load mp and try joining a match.

It would also help if you could say where in the world you are?

• Re: Why is MP gaming on XBOX One impossible?
    SavageHam

Hey COLMAT,

Thanks for letting us know what you've tried. To piggyback on Maccabi's listed ports, here go some more helpful ones:

Call of Duty Ghosts Console Ports:

80, 81,443, 3074, 5223 TCP

36081, 3074, 3075, 3478 UDP

Also, it would be helpful to setup up a static ip address for your console, to help create stability and prevent you from having to reconfigure your ports later on. You can also check for any firmware updates for your router or you can try by passing your router and connecting directly to the modem to see if that improves connection.

Thanks,

^AJ