21 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2013 8:44 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

So... uhhh...

dayoldtamales

Me and a bro were playing in Ghosts Mosh yesterday, just fooling around and having fun, and then this idea came to mind. I shared it with him and he was like "Bro, honestly that sounds like a bomb idea. You should share that ish around!"

Sure it won't get implemented because the game was already released, but you never know, if you can add a DLC weapon maybe you can add a perk?

That was the idea. A perk. A perk that costs 5 points just like Deadeye, but grants you the ability to earn progress towards your weapon camos if an enemy picks up your gun and uses it. For example, you die and you drop a Honey Badger. A friendly/enemy proceeds to pick it up and subsequently gets a rescue and two point-blanks before he dies. At the end of the game those two kills get added to the total needed for your camos. I would call it "Helping Hand" or "Assistance" or something.

It would definitely fit into the Elite perk category. It's one of those fun random perks like Gambler. It wouldn't be a bad addition either, considering it is rare for someone to pick up your weapon, it costs FIVE points, and some camo challenges just take way too long. I'm working on the FP6 right now. It needs 120 point-blanks. I know it is a shotgun but DAMN. Do you know how often you get point-blanks in this game IW? Do you? Not too often, with any gun. You die so quick you can't even get close.

Criticism? And please no blind negativity without actually considering its implementation. This is in no way a game-breaker. Just a fun idea.

• Re: So... uhhh...
    Megadog14

So getting rewarded for having other people do the work? Ill pass.

dayoldtamales

So you thought about it for about thirty seconds? Consider the price and the rarity of your weapon being picked up. Who would it hurt? They're camos. Not killstreaks.

Megadog14

dayoldtamales wrote:

Who would it hurt?

Anyone who got their camos through skill. Camos show how good you are, not the person who killed you.

dayoldtamales

Wrong.

Camos don't show how good you are. They show how much you play. Rescues, point-blanks, and the like are purely kills of coincidence. They rest on enemy actions. Nothing in this game really shows skill except for a few patches. Gold in CoD4 didn't even take skill. It took time. People don't willingly go out and aim for only headshots. They play and earn as they go.

Trust me no one would care if someone earned a camo kill or two through this perk. It's not their account why should they care? It isn't their business. People can play how they want. And I feel a lot of people would see this as fun.

NoLifeKing32

Megadog14 wrote:

dayoldtamales wrote:

Who would it hurt?

Anyone who got their camos through skill. Camos show how good you are, not the person who killed you.

I dont really think camo challenges have any direct correlation to skill in Ghosts. Whats hard about crouch kills? 

nicedrewishfela

Skill may not be the best way to express it. But the player still has to do it and earn them him/herself.

Skill is something that will be argued to death with no good answers on these forums.... I think Megadog is just saying the way it stands it depends on the player earning them. You can decide for yourself if it takes skill or not.

deamonomic

nicedrewishfela wrote:

Skill may not be the best way to express it. But the player still has to do it and earn them him/herself.

Skill is something that will be argued to death with no good answers on these forums.... I think Megadog is just saying the way it stands it depends on the player earning them. You can decide for yourself if it takes skill or not.

Skill wise no, There are players who aim for Cammos and have them all, and I know im a more skilled player then them and I have hardly any. Judging skill by cammos is worse then judging someone by their K/D. Its like reaching max prestige, even the worst player in the game will eventually make his way up there

nicedrewishfela

It does take work, and as you stated... dedication from the player to make it happen.

I, for one, wouldn't want shortcuts to that. Just like boosting, I would hate to have people earn them through cheap tricks rather than working towards them. I, for one, felt accomplished when I completed the Camo Challenges on BO and earned Diamond.

deamonomic

Dedication is a better choice of words

Bielsalmighty

No. Worthless. Why the hell would I spend 5 points on the OFFCHANCE that an enemy would pick up my gun and do some challenges for me? No-one in their right mind is going to waste points like that, unless there is some collusion going on. In which case the perk changes in nature from being defunct, to registering certain high level camos defunct. As you say, you can get them over the course of normal play; what on earth do you need this perk for then? Exactly.

dayoldtamales

It's adding a fun twist, not hacking or boosting.

Damn no wonder I never come on here. You kids are so damn serious it's just sad. You need to go outside. I never see anybody on here say anything positive at all.

Megadog14

Lol now you sound even more like a booster.

Bielsalmighty

LOL get off your high horse son, and try to actually address my point with something other than condescending 'kid' schtick.

Heres the thing - high end camos require major grindage for good reason - they are a reward for those with the dedication and patience to get them. Therefore for those of us who have put in the work, it grates a little to see someone who wants it without earning it themselves. Sorry, I dont see this idea working at all. Thats my opinion.

nuttin2say

How is it a challenge for you to 1) get killed and 2) let someone else complete challenges for you?

That's not a question of "fun," it is a reality of just being a plain idiotic idea. Megado, Biels - these guys post "positive" ideas all the time. The problem with community members like you is that your idea of "fun" is to reduce the value of the hard work players like them put into completing challenges and achieving strong performances.

Already there are challenges that exist involving "dropped weapons." You have to score so many kills with an opponents primary; you have to kill the specific opponent whose gun you stole (that's a distinct challenge: you have to hunt that guy down and not use all the ammo, which is almost out already, before you find & kill him ... with his gun). That all requires your ACTIVE skill, not the passive skill of some other player.

phxs72

LOL oh lord.  You know what if someone was so desperate to actually tie up 5 points of their loadout on the hope that someone might pick up their gun and get those camo kills for them then as much as I can't wrap my head around it, okay.  I think that it would be a very popular perk amongst those that suck at gun challenges but anyone with any gun skill whatsoever would not bother with it.  However, it wouldn't be the first perk that was in the game and no one used.

MGSPhantom

I can't see anyone ever using it. Who the hell would waste 5 points on a single perk that does nothing to improve your combat effectiveness? I can equip Tac Mask and Blast Shield and still have a point left over. Tell me one person who would give up such important perks for the off chance of getting further with their camos?

Nwilson

Interesting idea, I think it could be a fun perk. I really don't care about camo myself but it's a unique idea. The only time I went for camo's was in Black Ops 2 and the diamond camo's.  I think that IW should go back to the leveling system of MW3 where through normal gameplay you level up the gun and unlock camo's. I'm not sure if I would use this perk but it's definitely unique and as you said could add a new element to the game.

nicedrewishfela

There are no currently perks that help with any accomplishments beyond using the perk itself.. so it doesn't make any sense.

You want camos? You need to put the work in. Nobody but you should have the ability to do so. People made the ridiculous argument that boosters never hurt anyone. But anyone with any sense of morality knows that anything worth having is worth working towards. You shouldn't be rewarded for getting killed and having someone pick up your weapon  to use to kill your teammates. If you want camos, you know what you have to do.

Also can't think a more selfish perk to equip... something that only benefits you... AND the other team who is getting kills against yours.... when you could equip something that actually helps you help your team progress towards a win.

NoLifeKing32

First of all your thread title sucks. Secondly, your idea is worse. Why reward laziness? Not only that, when I have the opportunity to pick up a weapon, it better be a good weapon that I want to use. And the chances of me getting a lot of kills with that gun to help out your camo challenge is incredibly low. I might, at most, get 3 kills with it. So you gonna spend 5 points on a perk for an incredibly low chance of getting 1 or 2 kills towards your camo? No one would use that perk.

cranium2001

I stopped reading when the bros started cooking

deamonomic

I agree with the others who have already spoken, its a bad idea, sorry man. I dont have alot of cammos. I dont have them because I have not EARNED them. and thats the way it should be.