14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2013 9:43 PM by rankismet RSS

Call of Duty: Playtime With Wookies

rankismet

After just over a month, I've come to realize they named this game wrong... It's not Ghosts.

It's Call of Duty: Wookies.

... or...

... the only piece of character customization we will see in another month.

Personally, I'm over seeing cheap shag carpet rejects from the '70's running hither and yon... the only thing that's missing is the ggRRR-AAAHHHHWWWRR when they sight an enemy.

This is not the first COD with a ghillie... but unlike previous titles they make the player:

... taller.

... move different.

... not tied to a perk/weapon to wear it.

Anyone else notice this?

But...

... I'm simply over seeing every other person sporting their best Chewbaca throwback outfit.

And it's only going to get worse.

• Re: Call of Duty: Playtime With Wookies
    iHattoriHanzo0

I have no idea what you're talking about. But I did take a shot of my clan earlier on Stonehaven....

images.jpeg

nicedrewishfela

The Bush Wookies are getting a bit out of hand. I miss the days it was tied to a weapons class. So pathetic to find someone sitting in a bush with a fully automatic rifle for the entire match.

iHattoriHanzo0

On a more serious note. I haven't found it to be too bad. I haven't unlocked the suit yet.

Since I'm usually using a sniper or marksman rifle, I tend to see an enemy with the suit and expect a sniper challenge, only to be surprisingly mowed down. But thats my fault.

I agree with Drew about having it tied to a weapon class like in the past. Not a perk like BO1 or just character cust. like Ghosts.

But not soooo much a game breaker for me yet.

rankismet

iHattoriHanzo0 wrote:

On a more serious note. I haven't found it to be too bad. I haven't unlocked the suit yet.

Since I'm usually using a sniper or marksman rifle, I tend to see an enemy with the suit and expect a sniper challenge, only to be surprisingly mowed down. But thats my fault.

I agree with Drew about having it tied to a weapon class like in the past. Not a perk like BO1 or just character cust. like Ghosts.

But not soooo much a game breaker for me yet.

It's not game breaking... but just grating on my nerves when 1/2 of the lobby looks like the long lost bastard stepchild of cousin It and Chewbacca.

But the movement really just seems off to me.

What kills me is it take 800 kills with a sniper... and no one I see wearing it is sniping.

Shadowelite555

I agree more people are going to rock the ghillie suit, but you are wrong, the suit doesn't make players taller. Check out Drift0r on Youtube for proof.

rankismet

Shadowelite555 wrote:

I agree more people are going to rock the ghillie suit, but you are wrong, the suit doesn't make players taller. Check out Drift0r on Youtube for proof.

Is it okay to rely on my two eyeballs for proof?

gotsomestars

It makes the player model taller, and fatter, but the hit box on every model is the same. So, you can shoot the person and not get a hitmarker. Also there were some odd places you could shoot "next" to the model and get hits. The video was pretty informational really. And debunked a few myths.

rankismet

gotsomestars wrote:

It makes the player model taller, and fatter, but the hit box on every model is the same. So, you can shoot the person and not get a hitmarker. Also there were some odd places you could shoot "next" to the model and get hits. The video was pretty informational really. And debunked a few myths.

Never said the hit box was different, brother. Just the suit makes you bigger. Something the ghillie has not done in previous titles.

But the increase in size changes the movement of the player.

Bielsalmighty

Psh, they can keep their wookie suits. All things being good in the next couple of Clan Wars, I'll soon be running around in full Bodycount Gear. Betting most of the wookies wont have any of that but would love to.

squirrelness

I don't run it much, but my favorite patch is the messin with sasquatch one.