18 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2013 1:21 PM by like2nap03 RSS

Can we mute the lobby yet?

like2nap03

While we're in the lobby waiting for a match?  I know they added options in the match, but I don't see a way to mute/unmute the entire lobby while we're in the lobby.  Am I missing it or was that not added yet?

• Re: Can we mute the lobby yet?
    SinCaraxx

is there

like2nap03

Really Sin?  After all we've been through together.  Really?  That's all you're going to give me.  You were shot and I tried to drag your limp body through the sand.  You can't grab your dead teammates so I just jumped on you and slashed at you with the knife.  But I was trying to pull you to safety.  After I knee slid in front of that evil dog for you sin?  Sacrificed my avatar only to be reborn in the middle of a battlefield.  That hell.  Imagine being born to see a gas station exploding before your eyes and you see the flames through a hail of gunfire.  That's what I did for you.  And you can't even tell me how to mute the entire lobby? 

BobbyMcGee

we had the option to mute all except party or to individually mute in the lobby, then it went away....

like2nap03

No one knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

like2nap03

I see know way to do this.   You can't mute everyone, or everyone except friends, while you're in the lobby waiting for a match.  Why?  Just why?  It was in the last game.  And the one before that.  Why take it out now?  What is the point?  It's so stupid.  Why would IW change that?  Just pick a standard and stick with it.  That way we don't have to ask for this basic, simple stuff that should already be there.

A_Trey_U please add this option if possible.  Also, make sure it gets put in future releases.  I don't understand why this simple stuff that should always be there gets changed from one game to the other. 

BobbyMcGee

honestly it was there when i first got the game. for me it was "mute options" and i could access it by hitting x. it was "mute all" or "mute all except party" i believe. then they changed it so you could mute individually, but new people are always joining and its a pain, and idk if it can be done in-game. you no longer have the option "mute all except party".

BobbyMcGee

see ten and sixteen (i think) of the glitch thread...

SinCaraxx

In game

Go to MUTE PLAYERS, then pick the player with the gamepad or over their name

Out of game

Hover over their name and lick on them to mute them.

like2nap03

SinCaraxx wrote:

In game

Go to MUTE PLAYERS, then pick the player with the gamepad or over their name

Out of game

Hover over their name and lick on them to mute them.

Just ignore my epic response from earlier huh?  That took a lot of thought you know. Nap being all thoughtful and everything...

I know you can do that, but I want to be able to mute all except friends in the lobby like BLOPS 2.  it's so stupid that they took that out.  Or just turn off voice chat before the match (like MW3) and turn it back on when in the lobby.  That will work fine.

SinCaraxx

You can. the option is there now.

And your last response was epic but my sleepiness of more epic sorry hahahaha

like2nap03

SinCaraxx wrote:

You can. the option is there now.

And your last response was epic but my sleepiness of more epic sorry hahahaha

You can't.  The option is not there.  When you're waiting in the lobby you can only mute individual players one at a time.  There isn't enough time to do that and tweak classes.  If it is there, then please share the secret, but I don't see it.  You can do it in the match, but not in the lobby.

BobbyMcGee

for me my classes are always basically set up, its just the people coming and going that need to be muted and muted again.

like2nap03

BobbyMcGee wrote:

for me my classes are always basically set up, its just the people coming and going that need to be muted and muted again.

I like to mute everyone when the match starts because I don't want to hear all that racket in my ear.  Then unmute them after the match to talk about how things went.  Or listen to them rage. lol Whichever. 

BobbyMcGee

i remember a lot of us having problems accidentally turning off chat in blops1, which is why for 2 they took that option out of the lobbies. but i still cant find mute all except party either anymore...