24 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2013 8:39 PM by FalconR6 RSS

What do you do when ... ?

nuttin2say

... you've finally taken your last finals exam for the semester?

I'm tempted to not mark this is as a question, because while I ask a specific question here, the idea is to just ask ... What do you do when (fill in the blank)? in order to see what others would do.

Ah, what the heck ... I'll mark it as a question and if the mods don't like it, well then they can fix it!!

• Re: What do you do when ... ?
    Megadog14

I waste my life on here.

Foxhound-Pro

When I did go to school I would normally spend the next few days sleeping.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

My college days were a few years ago.  But this is what I did or thought.

--Don't worry about how you did on the exams.  It's done.

--I always found pleasure in tucking the old class materials and notes away nicely in a box.  Another milestone. 

--Enjoy the holidays/summer in anyway you like (party it up or just a mellow time with a friend or 2.)  A college friend told me once that the most fun and carefree years were his college years (I agree). 

nuttin2say

@ Yppe ... I'm an "older, returning" student so, yes, you're right: what's done is done and socking away materials & notes is great pleasure. Unfortunately, as an "older, returning" student (as an undergrad, at this point I think its -ed instead of -ing) ... my "carefree years" are long gone

RAMBONER

I say screw COD.  Grab a cold one kick your feet up and think about how you wished you would have committed yourself to education as a youngster instead of girls and football so at this point in your life you were already at the top making the big bucks and on cruise control.

**** I was just talking to myself again.  Stupid thoughts..  AH well.

nuttin2say

RAMBONER wrote:

I say screw COD.  Grab a cold one kick your feet up and think about how you wished you would have committed yourself to education as a youngster instead of girls and football so at this point in your life you were already at the top making the big bucks and on cruise control.

**** I was just talking to myself again.  Stupid thoughts..  AH well.

LOL! Well, I've been dedicated to the cold six in the past which coincided with commitment to girls. I don't know if I'd call it "big bucks," but I've been at the top of the totem pole, too. Yup. Cruise control is what I was on.

Then I got married.

RAMBONER

Yessir.  Married 3 kids here. 

I always said getting married and having kids was like someone handing you a $100 bill then kicking you in the balls.  It hurts but for some reason you're still kind of happy even though you cant breathe.  Yup.

nuttin2say

Luckily we had not "projects" for that class. But, really, I think that was the actual point of the instructor talking about these guys ... not that it was a catharsis in the sense that owning dolls is a statement, but that, anyone that participates in catharsis is an "other." In a day and age when "others" are "in," is it cool to ostracize guys that give up on finding a "mate" and instead resort to silicon? I've never really used the word "catharsis" before. But it sounds cool. Never used "penumbra" before this semester, either ... but I like it.

Whatever. To each their own.

FalconR6

Exams done - relax. I can remember exam time - the old noggin gets very hectic. So, it's time to press the reset button. Could be as simple as going for a walk through the park without a care in the world. OH - and your married, so pay some attention to your better half mate .

What do you do when................ You close up the pizza box and put it aside for later, still half left. Walk over to the other side of your house. You return to see your faithful friend of 10 years sniffing at the carpet and a guilty expression looks back up at you.

The culprit