1 2 3 Previous Next 104 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2014 6:53 AM by rankismet RSS

Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?

DiReTRiiX

I've been thinking about the choices the Call of Duty makers make for weapon balance and i feel like they don't address the right issues. Yeah quick scoping is a 1 shot but every assault rifle is a 3 shot, every SMG is around the same. If quick scoping was as OP as they say it is, why don't they do it all the time in mlg? They need to start paying attention to the actually problems such as making other weapons viable for Competitive play, once again we see a game where you only use 4 guns out of the entire weapon selection because every other weapon gets melted in killing time compared to the Remington, or the MTAR; even the assault dog is op, it takes more damage than a human, and it glitches through walls and hasn't been addressed. All im saying is I.W need to wake up and fix the problems that actually matter making the game better. im both a quickscopers and i play Comp and i see no problem with killing a quickscoper in public matches, the kids who complain about quickscoping are the kids who cant even dropshot or they cant even jump while shooting. During the days of CoD 4, Quickscoping was seen as being skilled and no one complained about it but hey i get it, because you will complain about things you cant do its inevitable.However at the end of the day the thing that needs to be fixed in cod is the community.

• 1. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
    DiReTRiiX

Sorry for the Wall of Text

• 2. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
    jnew818

Wow.. Butt hurt huh??  QS is taking advantage of a mechanic that was never supposed to be there in the first place..(game engine flaw) As far as comp. play with snipers, they do in SnD. But as a "comp. player" you should know that it's not feasible to do when your team is counting on you to get to certain spots, or cut of points(respawn games) in a short amount of time due to the movement speed being reduced. Sounds like your just another one of the many ppl complaining about something b/c your gun skill is not up to par.. So you QS..  And now your rear is a little sore b/c your K/D will drop and you know you won't be able to get the scores or K/D you had before the incoming patch.. Guess you'll just have to camp with a 6 man party spawn trapping in blitz now. Which you prolly already do since your a "comp. player"..  Pro tip: go get some gun skill then you won't have to worry about how long/how many bullets it takes to kill. This game is about gun skill and kids getting host with mommy and daddy's low tier wifi connection.

The only reason they're doing this is b/c they know about the mechanics being off with scoping in and taking advantage of the aim assist.. I for one am happy and I thank Teanah, I.W. and Santa for this gift..(if it works)  Happy Holiday's!

P.s. Xmas noobs are on the rise, go practice using a gun that isn't flawed..

• 3. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
    iHattoriHanzo0

Take it easy friend.

With all these adjustments taking place, I guarantee snipers will still be a very effective choice at all ranges. Some of the less educated part of the anti quickscoping community will realize that there butt isn't only sore from quickscopers but players that are just plain efficient with sniping quickly on the move.

We will see.....

• 4. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
    Shadowelite555

I see you're logic in this thread. I was surprised IW made changes with the sniper rifles, however, Im still as good as sniping as I was before. Quick scoping does take skill. The hardest thing about sniping is knowing when to pull the trigger; seen too many people try to quick scope and fail, its all in the trigger.

• 5. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
    rankismet

DiReTRiiX wrote:

I've been thinking about the choices the Call of Duty makers make for weapon balance and i feel like they don't address the right issues. Yeah quick scoping is a 1 shot but every assault rifle is a 3 shot, every SMG is around the same. If quick scoping was as OP as they say it is, why don't they do it all the time in mlg? They need to start paying attention to the actually problems such as making other weapons viable for Competitive play, once again we see a game where you only use 4 guns out of the entire weapon selection because every other weapon gets melted in killing time compared to the Remington, or the MTAR; even the assault dog is op, it takes more damage than a human, and it glitches through walls and hasn't been addressed. All im saying is I.W need to wake up and fix the problems that actually matter making the game better. im both a quickscopers and i play Comp and i see no problem with killing a quickscoper in public matches, the kids who complain about quickscoping are the kids who cant even dropshot or they cant even jump while shooting. During the days of CoD 4, Quickscoping was seen as being skilled and no one complained about it but hey i get it, because you will complain about things you cant do its inevitable.However at the end of the day the thing that needs to be fixed in cod is the community.

Why...? Because they can walk and chew bubble gum.

QS has always been seen as an exploit...

... except for those that QS and like exploits.

BTW... calling people "kids" only highlights you have no point. Just sayin'.

You're welcome.

• 6. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
    NoLifeKing32

What happens in the competitive scene is irrelevant. Rest assured people will still be able to snipe with slower ADS time, increased flinch, and reduced range while using a silencer. None of those things will affect traditional sniping.

• 7. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
    SitRepPro

I can use the AA-12 in MW3, doesn't mean it's okay.

This will mean when I solo I'm going to have to piggyback snipers even more forcing me to run a party and then increase my chances of pubstomping.  That just leaves player dropouts.  If I wanted that I'd play BO2.  We had an increase in ADS time for sniper rifles from MW3 to BO2 and that didn't stop quickscoping so why does IW think this will be any different?  They did, after all, 'nerf' the akimbo FMG9s in MW3 I guess.

The decrease in body multipliers (not range) when using a suppressor just gives bad players a leg up because they rely on the HUD far too much to chase red dots.

• 8. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
    iamyourfather

to be honest from playing this game i dont care about qs, but i care about spawn killing with qs. The sniping in this game seems fair to me, and im not a qs. I feel that the guns are balanced which i like even the snipers. I understand the silencer needs to be fixed a little, but i feel that the flinch is fine where it is.

• 9. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
    amathyx

qs has always been seen as an exploit by bad players

thanks

1 2 3 Previous Next