1 2 3 Previous Next 77 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2014 5:36 PM by BobbyMcGee RSS

Make "Heavy Duty" health the default for Core?

nintendon't

So Infinity Ward revealed that they're going to release a new play list called "Heavy Duty" which has increased health:

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200816369#.UrS6d_RDuSq

But you see, the problem is that this mode is going to be pretty much unplayable on Wii U due to our tiny tiny playerbase. Look at Search & Destroy, it's literally a ......GHOST town. *pokes with elbow* Eh? Eh?....I'll stop now.

Anyways, any chance we could just get Heavy Duty's health settings as the default for core modes? Higher health could fix Ghost's "camping" problem since the punishing high bullet damage plays a big part in making people afraid to move. Plus higher health will increase the game's skllcap since there will be more of an emphasis on having good aim instead of spraying and praying like it is now.

• 1. Re: Make "Heavy Duty" health the default for Core?
    BlackMetroid95

I bet the same thing that happened with Black Ops II's Arms Race will happen with Ghosts. Things that will benefit the game as a whole are being made into separate gametypes, then removed sometime down the road. Why not just make it as a default on all the regular playlists? This is merely a band aid solution....that will help both games.

• 2. Re: Make "Heavy Duty" health the default for Core?
    WiimotesRus02

nintendon't wrote:

Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts

Higher health could fix Ghost's "camping" problem

There is no problem, because there is so many counters to kill campers, as said by your good self, in so many posts..

• 3. Re: Make "Heavy Duty" health the default for Core?
    AsianSensation97

I think they should do it for Wii U because of the small playerbase like you mentioned. Other consoles they have enough people to start a new mode but we don't

• 4. Re: Make "Heavy Duty" health the default for Core?
    nintendon't

I don't have any problems with campers personally. I just meant in general because many people are complaining about that. The quotation marks are there for a reason so stop trolling my topic you trolly troll.

• 5. Re: Make "Heavy Duty" health the default for Core?
    WiimotesRus02

nintendon't wrote:

I don't have any problems with campers personally. I just meant in general because many people are complaining about that.

A you complain about the complainers, very strongly..

• 6. Re: Make "Heavy Duty" health the default for Core?
    like2nap03

Heck with campers.  Just having more health in general would be beneficial.  Then again I don't know.  Would the low health matter as much if matchmaking were fixed?  The game ran so great when they did that server change.  Would it be needed if they get that worked out?  I don't know.  Also, what would that do to weapon balance?  Would they need to buff things like the SMGs?  It's hard enough to get kills with those.  UGH I wish they thought this crap through ahead of time.  There needs to be some constants between games.  Some things should not change.  Things like muting the music and how voice chat works in the lobby should have a standard.  A standard that should never change.  MW3 let you turn off voice chat, or turn it on, while waiting for a match.  That was nice.  Why did that change?  Black Ops 2 let you mute the music and everyone in the lobby while waiting.  Why did that change?  So annoying.  They don't have to have the EXACT same damage settings, but they should not be this drastically different.

Anyway, the thought of higher health is appealing, but matchmaking needs to be fixed first along with the spawns.  However, even when the game is running well, if you don't see the guy to your right that is aiming at you while you kill his teammate, then at least right now, you have no chance of killing him.  So maybe they should go ahead and raise the health.  If the lag is not fixed, then you probably still won't have a chance of killing that guy you didn't see at first, but at least you will on the occasion that you get in a good lobby. (I am of course speaking about my laggy experiences with this game.  I know it runs well for some people...)

I'm so indecisive when it comes to this stuff.  Make the health higher.  Why not?  If you gotta buff the smgs a little then do it.  Whatever.

• 7. Re: Make "Heavy Duty" health the default for Core?
    gotsomestars

Because not everyone  wants to play bulletsponge ops 2.1 .

• 8. Re: Make "Heavy Duty" health the default for Core?
    nintendon't

C'mon man that's one hell of an overreaction. BO2 guns only killed slightly slower than Ghosts.

I don't understand why most COD players are afraid of slower killing guns. Increasing time to kill would put a high emphasis on having good aim and landing headshots instead of mindlessly spraying. Do people not want more skill based gameplay?

• 9. Re: Make "Heavy Duty" health the default for Core?
    gotsomestars

The counter argument would be fast reaction time plus good accuracy equals winning the gun fight.

How many "I shot first and died" threads have you seen compared to bad oops 2?

While somewhere in the middle might be best, I'll take shoot first win over getting turned on any day.

Secondly, I'm not for or against qs, but in ghosts the ground is a little closer to even.

1 2 3 Previous Next