27 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2013 7:13 AM by Sirile RSS

Now are these Glitches/Lag/hacks?

Sirile

I have been playing since day one, I am not all that good at this game and never claim to be but I still like to play and I do get frustrated when I do get killed but I know most of it is because of me so I don't argue that but other times i have noticed people going so fast more so then the speed perks allows and they are able to move their gun fast etc... they are like flash gordon and I wonder is that a hack or is that how fast we are supposed to be? ....

I have noticed lately weirdness in the game where I die and there was nobody around me, but when the replay comes on there was a person right next to me that stabs me, now are they playing as invisible? and is that apart of the game? or is the lag really that bad compared to the lag in MW3?...

I have noticed the dogs which are 20 feet away magically disappear and reappear to kill you, how are you supposed to defend your self?. I have killed a Dog with stabbing it twice which was cool but I didn't think you can do that but the disappearing and reappearing is just not right

I am noticing in every single game I play now more so since that festive pack came out that when either going to kill someone or someone is going to kill you, a glitch happens and it moves you from one location to another and then you end up dead because you have no control over the game play, I know there was glitches in MW3 very seldom but not this bad... Now are these hacks? mods people are using or is this server issues?

Seriously I do better with this game as far as game play goes where as I really was bad with MW3... So when these things happen it makes me question a lot because I get discouraged. I want to get better but I don't see that happening if these problems are always going to be there...

Now as far as snipers go in the game, I am all for it... I don't play as a sniper and I can move around where a sniper can't get me but those people that Quick Scope and run all over the place are very annoying... I can sit there and shoot them till I am out of bullets and their one shot kill does me in.... it is crazy... snipers in real life can not quick scope so why is it in this game...

• Re: Now are these Glitches/Lag/hacks?
    iivrruummii

Snipers may be annoying but they are playing the game how they like to.  People just like to disprove how people should play by comparing it to how people do something in real life.  It is a video game which is loosely based off of real life, and is make with an arcade element to make it fun and exciting, which is why I play COD over BF or some other "SIM" shooter.

Sirile

Wow out of all of what I said you just want to go on the sniper thing lol I don't consider one shot kills from quick scoping while running around to be fun and entertaining, now maybe to the sniper but not to someone who doesn't want to snip ever. Now if I was stupid and put myself in a area to get sniped from a distance then that is my problem but that is fair game... Now when I am there with an assault rifle shooting away and the other person or sniper isn't dying... I consider that cheating or an unfair advantage.... The balancing of the weapons in this game needs to be fixed.. I have noticed how bad the grenade launcher in this game is, half of the time when you actually shoot someone it doesn't kill them or when you shoot by that person it doesn't kill them which it should... Maybe this is a game but this game is supposed to be as close to reality as possible. All I really want is these other issues to be fixed, as far as snipers go that is just my opinion and they can do whatever...

iivrruummii

Sirile wrote:

Wow out of all of what I said you just want to go on the sniper thing lol I don't consider one shot kills from quick scoping while running around to be fun and entertaining, now maybe to the sniper but not to someone who doesn't want to snip ever.

Maybe it was the only thing I wanted to reply to.  Maybe you don't but many of the people do and some do it because it is a challenge.

Now if I was stupid and put myself in a area to get sniped from a distance then that is my problem but that is fair game... Now when I am there with an assault rifle shooting away and the other person or sniper isn't dying... I consider that cheating or an unfair advantage....

You could be shooting at a sniper with an AR but what if you are not hitting them.  That would make sense if they are not dying.  So you consider people that you cannot kill cheaters?  Seems unjust.

The balancing of the weapons in this game needs to be fixed.. I have noticed how bad the grenade launcher in this game is, half of the time when you actually shoot someone it doesn't kill them or when you shoot by that person it doesn't kill them which it should...

The weapon balancing is good but you have to use what works for you.  The grenade launcher should reward accuracy rather than be guaranteed a kill.  This promotes more skill than luck.

Maybe this is a game but this game is supposed to be as close to reality as possible. All I really want is these other issues to be fixed, as far as snipers go that is just my opinion and they can do whatever...

If you want a game that is as close to reality then go play Battlefield or even ARMA 2 or 3.

Bielsalmighty

Sounds like good old fashioned lag to me OP.

starbuckfrack

Now I will say this , I only glanced at the post. But it seems like if players are popping up out of nowhere, etc then your connection might be acting up.

But I think more that the other player "teleporting" etc  is an issue on their end like they are trying to hinder their connection to make the game "easier" on them.

Tactics74

Hey man,

Well the game is called Ghosts..

No seriously, I've had a few of these 'where did that guy come from' moments as well. In the last couple of days its happened 3-4 times. This even happened to 'themarkofJ' on his livestream the other day. 

It seems that no one is there one second and then are there the next.. but the kill cam shows them there the entire time.?

This is noticeable enough that now I double check around me all the time.

carloss1962

happens to me all the time i think if enough of us complain about it some thing will be done to sort these issues out

Sirile
    just want to let everybody know. I have always had a strong internet connection but I noticed my speeds where not high so I called comcast to upgrade my download and upload speeds and I have actually been able to play. I have only experienced 1 glitch but no server disconnects. So I am thinking my problem was the speed of my cable internet
    MrMurder805SB

Spawning locations in this game can be a drag. Super annoying when you kill more then two guys and all of the sudden one of them spawns behind you. Anyways, I have Comcast internet as well and unfortunately can't pay more then what I have, which I believe is the performance package. Can you please post your internet speed? http://speedtest.comcast.net/

gotsomestars

I think you may be confusing speed and bandwidth.

starbuckfrack

Internet speeds really dont matter in online gaming, so if you are concerned about that or "paying more" I wouldnt worry about it. Just to let you know so you dont get ripped off thinking you are paying for something that isnt needed. PING is what determines how your game play is (mostly)

As long as your upload speed is over a half megabyte you should be fine, anything under that then there MIGHT be problems.

This game works on about .04 up and .04 down unless you are host.

Mostly what your "speed" is for is needed for watching movies and downloading files.

MrMurder805SB

Thanks for the advice. Have you heard of Fiber Optic Internet? And If so, do you have it?

gotsomestars

Not needed to run this game. The bad part is , even if you had a "perfect" connection if the other 11 ( or 17 for gw) people are on turd connections , you still may suffer. There are MANY variables , too many...

starbuckfrack

Road Runner Cable. 30 down 5 up. When I only had 2 up I couldnt run two Xboxes very well at the same time.

Bubbakush

i have fiber optic internet only thing its good for is i can run multiple systems with no noticeable lag. other wise like getsome said other people wont have very good internet combine with only a handful of basement dedies and you will still have lag spikes just not every game

MrMurder805SB

Umm okay, I wonder if some of these guys who play with a k/d well over 2.0 play with a modded controller. If so, I guess if I want to play competitive I might have to get one as well.

Bubbakush

some probably but not as many as you think or people complain about. i run a 1.95 k/d and i play on both the one and 360 iv played with modded controllers back in the MW days when me and my old clan would have a few lobby's worth of members on. and honestly unless you make your own trigger buttons which from what i have read wont work with ghost because they have a RPM cap so if you exceed the cap you gun sputters or wont shot its not a big crutch like people say best you can manage in this game is a few seconds fast than usually (sound whoring, thermal camping, tubing objectives, and over all corner camping are 100 times worse imo).

where as trigger buttons from back in MW or halo you could push the button and shoot off your 50 cal clip in a second. a good majority of people sporting a high k/d are in a clan or have a party of 3-6 people that play with often and in doing so are able to have people watch there back or if playing obj game can prevent spawn flips and lock down 3/4 of the map and rack in kills.

mix that with the fact you can dashboard a bad game and make it never happen and kill farm in dom or kc a high k/d is basically worthless unless backed up with a high w/l and even that is taken with a grain of salt seeing as the pubstoming that clans do.

Sirile

I am experiencing Server Disconnects constantly now. I have not been able to play today what so ever... I have unplugged and reset everything and still am having issues... So i have come to the conclusion this isn't on my end and I am wondering if this has to do with server overloads since christmas this has really become bad and the only thing I can think it is, is the amount of people playing...