30 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2013 9:15 PM by r8edtripx RSS

This game makes me rage.

KMB_GoG_Antonio

Well I began to play multiplayer today I played cranked all day because a friend told me it is the best way to rank up fast. My first match online in cod ghosts had me at 21 deaths to 1 kill and that was my average score all day. i though it was just because i never played the game before then i saw myself spawning infront of the enemy, getting shot from some sniper in a bush suit across some giant ass map and an smg can kill you with like two or three shots from across the map. I played TDM same ******* thing. I see no way at getting better at this game because every body is camping and i am the only guy running around. I took my ghosts disc broke it, tore up that season pass and activision and infinity ward can go shove it up their asses because Cod is now dead. So to those that like this game "screw you guys im going home" and by home i mean BO2 (Which is still bad but better than this sorry excuse for a game.)

• Re: This game makes me rage.
    TG-ThoMz

You are not alone.. out of the 13 guys I regularly play with (BO2 and others) only 3 didn't return it the first week after launch. If you think a yolo approach is fun but hate to die this game is not for you.

There is going to be a lot of crying (literally) kiddies come tomorrow.

DoubleH215

I usually play TDM, and I ran into the same problems. But never have I ever gotten that type score. I only bought MW2, MW3 and Ghost. And I find myself as a good player that doesn't cheat. My KD is 1.38 currently. I'll join a session, depending on what it's like, maps too, I'll leave or stay.

Now I do come across player that get that amount of deaths and kills like you in TDM. But see, they're not playing as a team. You've mention that you like to run around. Me too. But it's how you go about it. Usually when I run around, I'll try to go behind the enemy solo. But as a team, I'll quickly push the fight by picking players off 1st alongside with my teammates, and then move in.

The trick is long rang shots and hardly exposed. Spot them, while not being spotted. Close rang, you need to have aim when coming to a corner, or a wide open space. No one should complain about campers, just the maps.

But Activision already won. So breaking your game was just you breaking your game. If anything, you was hurting Gamestop by doing that. LOL Which they deserve.

Now I know you don't need to be schooled by anyone, but I've mention "MW2, MW3 and Ghost" for a reason. There are probably people like my who buy CoD games every 2 years. You might have just came across like fresh meat to a group of players. But then again, I don't know.

KMB_GoG_Antonio

I just wanted to let off some steam im not one of those ignorant kids im a perfectly understanding adult so i can take some constructive criticism. I think I will give this game another chance i dont think i will like it though and BO2 was better.

Izjar11

you began yesterday and expect to beat or play like someone whos been playing since the game released? play, learn, lose and win, its all about to you, and control your temperament.

KMB_GoG_Antonio

look i may have come  across as a raging kid when i posts this but in reality i hardly ever lose my temper this game just made me so angry at the time and as i mentioned before its not that im new to the game its all the issues with it its not making the game fun. Fun is the whole reason for playing video games i have another ghosts copy(Mail error and store told me keep it) i just feel as if i wasted $1000.00 dollars for nothing.

Izjar11

KMB_GoG_Antonio wrote:

look i may have come  across as a raging kid when i posts this but in reality i hardly ever lose my temper this game just made me so angry at the time and as i mentioned before its not that im new to the game its all the issues with it its not making the game fun. Fun is the whole reason for playing video games i have another ghosts copy(Mail error and store told me keep it) i just feel as if i wasted $1000.00 dollars for nothing.

Again, your probably playing against those who know the maps, the weapons, the mechanics of the game because you are new. Instead of judging the game so quickly play it, get use to it (which all these game have) a learning curve and if its not your cup of tea stop playing. Whining, from an adult is probably ten times worse than from a child. Play man, lose, expect to lose before you begin to win. This is COD not Mario.

Note: I hate to sound harsh, but its a WAR game, pity wont get you far.

Ascension-Xx

Don't run around like a headless chicken and patrol areas for enemies. Keep playing and you'll improve. Don't complain. Just accept it.

crashhat69

i know how you feel dude. i used to think this game was ok but the more i play the more i realize how awful it is

veilofmaya

the more i play it the more and more i like it...and i keep getting better...10k kills 2.40 kd and going up...just keep at it..its really not a hard game...the problems with the game arent what is making you die trust me

Jackal235

Many have replayed to your thread telling about your mistakes, giving you some advices but no1 mentioned how public lobbies are infested with cheaters using wall hacks. I played few games today and  75% of them had at least one cheater in the lobby. This number grows every day, simply because it's the only way to be a competitive player in this broken game.

I'm sure your frustration is partially justified by sloppy job of developers securing this game

Hallwax

its not only you the maps are immense and most of the time's you get backstepped and stuff. if u got a good headset u would be fine just like me  

AmericanMakarov417

This game does annoy the **** out of me too, but it's only the Multiplayer, which sadly, is the reason for Call of Duty to be famous. Playing Online is an absurd thing to do and it doesn't appeal to us gaymers. I'm always getting shot at wherever I spawn. Also, how does the Remington 5 kill you from such a range, that an LSAT or Vector can't? But, just play with bots in Local Play. You have all guns, perks, and attachments, and all character suits. Bots don't camp and the seem to act alot like human players (the not-annoying ones that is). Squads mode, Extinction, and Campaign aren't bad.

(Also, why the hell would you smash it? Trade it in to get a better game (like Grand Theft Auto V or Battlefield 4.)

r8edtripx

Yeah, Black Ops 2 is a MUCH better game; Without a doubt. I'm still giving Infinity Ward some credit because they listened to the community and put in Heavy Duty, which has more health. This adds a whole new dimension, where a skilled player can actually outplay a lesser player.

gotsomestars

False. More health does not mean anything. Bad players will still cry. And it has ZERO to do with skill. I think its funny when people say stuff like that. If you really had more skill , the amount of health wouldn't matter.

MasterPheonix

Agreed.  If everyone has the same amount of health it shouldn't matter if that number is 130 or 70, the better player will do better.  It only takes a few bullets to kill someone in real life so why not in the game?  This isn't halo.

r8edtripx

MasterPheonix wrote:

It only takes a few bullets to kill someone in real life so why not in the game?.

I don't want COD to be like real life. If I did, then I would love to camp, because that's what I would do in real life. I want to run-n-gun aggressively in my COD, and this playstyle is better served with a higher TTK. ...not as high as Halo TTK, because that starts to not feel like COD.

r8edtripx

gotsomestars wrote:

False. More health does not mean anything. Bad players will still cry. And it has ZERO to do with skill. I think its funny when people say stuff like that. If you really had more skill , the amount of health wouldn't matter.

More health most DEFINITELY means something. With a low Time To Kill, like Ghosts, a less skilled player who cannot stay on target for long can camp and not run the risk of getting killed by a superior player. With a higher TTK, skill becomes more of a factor. Now, I'm not talking Halo, TTK, like someone mentioned in this thread. IMO, that's too long, and stops feeling like COD.

So, yes, health does matter, because, again, a lower TTK helps the less skilled.

ameeer

I am with you all the way , Ghost is really the worse cod game I ever played

I have been playing it from MW2 then BO then MW3 then BO2,,,,,,,,,but ghost ,,,,, oh man they killed the game

they took a way everything that is standard everything that cod is all about and turn it into an agly game

they added some features I gave them that but I am looking the overall of the game and is it playable !!!!!! NO SIR

all the maps are big ,,,,,, lagging like a turtle ,,,,,, hackers everywere,,,,,, Ranking is retarded

what left to play then!!!!!!!!

IW I will not buy the next cod game from you, so you will learn when you release a trash game that we are not trash

(EMTI)Raiderman21

Dude..you shouldnt have broke your disk.  This game is different from the other Call of duty games and I had to learn that the hard way.  I dont necessarily run around the map like an idiot but in this game you have to learn to slow down...keep your back to the map as much as possible..aim down the sights often and be ready for enemies to come at you...you just have to be very careful when your learning to play.  When I started playing the first week my k/d was 0.89 which is awful for me..I am not the greatest COD player but I usually have a k/d in the 1.20 range.  After I kinda learned and took it a little slower things took off for me...I am at a 1.48 K.D now..its just all about aiming and again taking it slow and not running around open spaces.

You also need to know how to play the maps...in strikezone..Warhawk...soverign ETC you can move around a bit more and flank easier in the busy parts of the map...but in maps like Prison Break..Stonehaven and Stormfront(which I hate) you have to really be slow and i advise you learn how to use a Marksman Rifle...I use the Remington on every map except for those maps..I use a Marksman Rifle with the thermal sight...like I said..you just gotta adapt dude its a learning curve

Schoat333

Play squad wargame on veteran for a few hours, you'll get the hang of it. You'll also gain XP and squad points too.

W_E_A_P_0_N_11_

so your mad at Iw for the way the community choses to play? thats fine if you dont like the game, go play lag ops 2, but dont blame the game for how people chose to play it.. I hate camper as much as the next person, you have to change your play style.. i have over a 4.5 kd, i have no problems with the game.. you cant bo2 style rush in this game, you have to play more tactically