30 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2014 8:28 AM by KSI_Soulwax RSS

10 more prestiges for COD: Ghosts

dylan-ohara

I began my COD legacy on Black Ops. I went to 15th twice and my second account had over 30 days played. The reason it had so many days played was because MW3 proved to be such a disappointment to me compared to the Treyarch foundation my COD skills were built upon. I was so excited I had Elite, the MW3 console, and all. I got my 1000 Gamerscore and was back to BLOPS. I played the hell out of BLOPS 2 going to 10th twice. That really gave it replay value, being able to reset your stats.

I got Ghosts on launch and have already put over 13 days in trying for all the gold guns and patches. I'm 10th now, so there's not much incentive to keep going for patches or camos. I'd love to see 10 more prestiges for the game like MW3 had.  I think this would add enough replay value to keep me going until the next big COD game.

• Re: 10 more prestiges for COD: Ghosts
    myevo8you

Don't count on it.

With the REALLY low playerbase and poor reviews this game has, I expect them to go light on the "extra" offerings.

The day after Christmas and there were about 250,000 people playing on the XBOX 360 and around 30,000 playing on the XBOX One during peak times does NOT bode well for this game.

To put that in comparison, last year the day after Christmas had over ONE MILLION players on just the XBOX 360 alone during peak.

MrFelon

check leaderboards , more than 6 million on xbox 360 alone and more will show up . granted these players aren't all on at the same time there are alot of gamers usually always more than 100,000 . as far as more prestiges , no more will be added , with the future map packs there will be new maps and guns introduced , you should try clan wars and actually complete operations get guns gold . make it a priority . i'm 925/1000 on gamerscore for the game so i know the replay value is low

dylan-ohara

I have about half of the gold guns so far. and less than 100 patches left to get. We've won 2/3 Platinum Division clan wars. I just hope something gets exciting again soon.

myevo8you

MrFelon wrote:

check leaderboards , more than 6 million on xbox 360 alone and more will show up . granted these players aren't all on at the same time there are alot of gamers usually always more than 100,000 . as far as more prestiges , no more will be added , with the future map packs there will be new maps and guns introduced , you should try clan wars and actually complete operations get guns gold . make it a priority . i'm 925/1000 on gamerscore for the game so i know the replay value is low

Leaderboards mean NOTHING as more than 40% of them are second accounts or banned accounts that will never play again. Also a LOT of them are people that rented the game or borrowed it.

dylan-ohara

I definitely remember seeing more players in the past. I guess with the still-rampant XP lobbies my $60 season pass isn't worth as much as it has been in the past either.

Darkdyllon

also you gotta think about how this time around the playerbase is splitted into 6 platforms.

the xbox one, xbox360, PS3, PS4, PC, Wii U.

activision figured it would sell worse because of the new consoles coming out but lets be real.

as much i like ghosts it isnt as refreshing at when i played MW2 or MW3.

i dont like black ops 1 i found it way to slow and way to easy.

black ops 2 was also bad IMO(my opinion yours can and probably wil differ)

i resetted on BO2 after like 13-14 days of gametime had every gold gun was master prestige and whatnot and i only made it to prestige 1 before giving up on the game.

3arc always had issues with lag and latency ever since WAW (cant judge cod3 but what i have heard i better not)

WAW is was there but not as bad.

BO1 made that really apearant.

and BO2 was out of control with lag comp/latency.

not saying MW3 had it fair share of lag/latency problems but atleast they fixed it near the end(also the beginning was excelent for me)

wish we could go back to COD4/MW2 lag/latency where everything was instant.

even a 2-3 bar connection felt awesome.

Tactics74

13 days geez, even at fed min wage that's $311.75 per week or $2315.86 since launch. That's one expensive video game.. too bad you can't sell that gold camo!

dylan-ohara

What exactly is your point here Tactics74 ? Gaming is one of the hobbies my fiancée and I share together. Just like the two motorcycles sitting in my garage and my love for physical fitness. If you've got something to say then say it. I know you're getting at the no-life name calling. Try general discussions for meaningless comments.

myevo8you

dylan-ohara wrote:

What exactly is your point here Tactics74 ? Gaming is one of the hobbies my fiancée and I share together. Just like the two motorcycles sitting in my garage and my love for physical fitness. If you've got something to say then say it. I know you're getting at the no-life name calling. Try general discussions for meaningless comments.

The game has been out for a total of 46 days. With you having a play time of 13 days, that means that you have devoted 312 hours to Ghosts out of an available 1,104 hours. So you have literally played an average of nearly SEVEN hours PER DAY. Now considering that that is close to a normal workday for most people, well, you can see where people are going with that.

dylan-ohara

As I said before this is something that my fiancée and I enjoy doing as a hobby. Sure, more of the 13 days is mine than hers, probably 8 and 5, but now you're simply straying away from the goal of the original post.

Zeph_

The point is that you're expecting more replay value than you should with the time you've put into the game. It's great this is you and your fiancée's hobby, but most people don't put that much time into this game at this point. Don't get offended if people think you played this game a lot, because you have. If you really wanted more replay value, why not have separate accounts for you and your fiancée?

myevo8you

Zeph_ wrote:

The point is that you're expecting more replay value than you should with the time you've put into the game. It's great this is you and your fiancée's hobby, but most people don't put that much time into this game at this point. Don't get offended if people think you played this game a lot, because you have. If you really wanted more replay value, why not have separate accounts for you and your fiancée?

With them devoting 7 hours a day to Ghost, they probably don't have jobs, so they can only afford ONE membership. LOL

Pynk

Why do you care how many hours some stranger plays? What's it to you? Nothing.

Tactics74

Don't get me wrong, it's great that you get to spend that much time playing a game.. in fact most people would love that opportunity. I said this because in many ways you've gotten so much out of the game already and now want more.

It's like the guys that complain about spending $60 on a game when they find something about it that is wrong/broken. In their case (and yours) you've paid ~$60 of how many hours of entertainment when a movie is like $15 for only an hour and a half.

So, my point is basically in some ways you've completed the game. Congrats and move on.

VioletGiraffe

Not everyone is in US (my wage is far from minimal for my country but still way below your fed min number), and not everyone want to work 16/7. That was a stupid comment.

Some people drink beer and hang out in the pubs, some watch TV sitting on the couch, some go hiking and some play videogames. Why is one way of passing time worse than others?

VECTORdude

I don't even get what prestiges even mean anymore. Now, it's just a fancy symbol next to your name with no meaning,

LifeSong1

Since prestiges are part of your squad members now they would either have to give you 10 new squad members (doubtful) or allow you to completely start over (more plausible). I personally could care less as I don't see myself doing it.

That being said, I do NOT like the idea of people starting over.  If implemented, I think the only time you should be able to do it is once you reach the 10th prestige and even then some things need to be kept such as amount played etc, it's just your levels change back to level 1 on all your characters and everything is re-locked and your emblem would be the 10th+ prestige icon now.

brsox

I don't see how 10 more prestiges would keep anyone interested in this game. The rank up and unlock system is so boring. I very much dislike how it is designed in Ghosts. Everything available at rank 1 of any prestige? It's kind of a joke. Boring as hell and it keeps nothing in check by not forcing variety.

VECTORdude

I'd rather not spend hours of leveling up just to unlock a certain piece of equipment (story of BO2). The squad points are good, since you can save them up for your next squad member to be more prepared.

KSI_Soulwax

Can someone tell me how starting off with 0 (zero), I repeat, ZERO squad points makes everything available at level 1?

Obviously you have to earn squad points to buy perks, guns, squad members early before unlocking them.

Obviously you can only earn squad points from playing the game?

People take the game way too seriously nowadays, including myself, to be free from hypocrisy. I just hit max prestige the other day with 185 hours played, but I'd love a reset button. I'm now less motivated to play except to earn gold guns, which is a b**** with leaning and sliding, point blank etc. Like some cod players, I spend a lot of time playing, but I also have a girlfriend, a job working 50+ hours a week and homebrew beer, but I still love playing ghosts even though the campers and some of the weapons I get killed by are BS...

Just adapt to the play style, pick up a weapon you can slay with in ghosts, which there are many btw, and everyone stop whining about how Ghosts isn't better than MW3, BO2 (sucked balls anyway)... Get y'alls panties out of a bunch and adapt and overcome.

gzowner1

not to rain on your parade, but others have a point. Why dedicate so much time and effort in a game that is barely2 months old, and has not had a chance to gain more items. When i see somebody who has more than 10 days of play time, i think of a person living at there parents house with no job, collage kids sharing one account that never gets shutdown, etc. This is one reason i never prestige so fast from day one, i just hit master in BO2 after a full year of just playing a few hours a day. I attend to drag out much of the game as possible due to not able to reset or goals to work for. One reason why boosters are getting mad because they unlocked everything from day one and not have nothing to do now. I have notice alot of clans went back to BO2 because of the ability to reset, TI boosting, among other things. Adding more levels creates more boosting, and makes your rank less valuable than what it is. 10th already this time since day one, just not there to make you more of a man than rest of the players are.

NoLifeKing32

I wouldn't expect to see additional prestiges for the sole reason of so much was cut out of the game to make room for the character customization. We lost CaC slots, combat record, random map vote, theater mode, the list goes on, I doubt they can add anything other than playlists to the game. It has nothing to do with player numbers or how much fun people are having, I don't even know why people are trying to bring that up, its irrelevant.

iHattoriHanzo0

I'm not a huge fan of adding on prestiges. The same for reseting stats. As you, I also play the game enough to go through the prestige ranks 2 or 3 times over. I'ld rather just continue to enjoy the game as a max prestige than continuing to rank up. To each their own, I guess.

WhyNoName

Regardless of what people do with their time - people do what they like, nothing wrong with that - I myself don't really like the idea of adding prestiges post release time.  Rather than keeping us on the hamster wheel grinding out 60 ranks, they need to offer other things that keep us interested in the game over time.  If all COD has to retain our interest is a mad dash to max prestige, the game might as well be dead.

Pynk

I agree with you in a way. Keeping the game interesting for a year would be tough. I wish Ghosts had a Fresh Start option like BO2. I played BO2 for the whole year. I did not put another game into my consoles. The fresh start made it fresh in a way each time I reset. I hit Master Prestige on PS3. Then I bought the game on 360. I think I hit M Prestige 4 times on XB. I don't know. I really enjoyed BO2 but I finally got burnt out on it. I am a below average COD player. For some reason I was pretty good at BO2. Best K/D I ever had or maintained.

whiteknight1902

I have hit max prestige on every cod since mw2 and played most of them before that but atm I am just halfway through 1st prestige on here. This game is just boring and to want more prestiges is a bit stupid (even more so at this time in its cycle).

Worst cod since mw came out and even taking the new consoles into consideration the amount of people playing it is alarming. 

Never will hit max in this game, also whoever thought the operations set up was a good idea needs to be slapped... ridiculous having only some challenges open!

As for the op's game played time although it makes no difference to us the guy needs to get out/ get a job ect. No way playing this game that much would you be able to do much more.

VioletGiraffe

Boring to you, not boring to me. 6th prestige right now and determined to get to 10th.

Although I certainly play CoD less now that I've got BF4

whiteknight1902

Battlefield on the next gen is soooo much better than cod, however I think on ps3/xbox 360 cod is just about better.

I am not anti-cod I have spent far more time than I ever should have but this cod is just far to campy and its just frustrating not fun imo.

Its not that I am bad at this game at all but its just missing the arcade feel of the of the previous games. I think this is due to the devs trying to make the game for mlg type players and forgot that its the rest of us (the overwhelming majority) that buy the game.

KSI_Soulwax

There are a few reasons why I hate the game, but more reasons for me to love it. It's a new storyline (though much of you probably didn't even play campaign...which is probably another reason why you guys think it sucks so bad, you go right into multiplayer without trying the story mode to get the feel and background of the game), new weapons, being able to customize characters is cool, unlocking costumes etc for them is cool since you cant buy them, clan wars system is pretty neat being able to unlock those camos and patches. Squads game mode is relaxing when you're starting to get upset with the campy kids using snipers with thermals and ieds on the really big maps like stonehaven or chasm. You can go in and just train your aim and learn the maps or get some easy xp if you're fed up with the aforementioned situation. The system wouldnt be much different than MW3 when they got 10 more prestiges, It kept the kids playing it since getting the guns gold was easy...literally all you had to do was get kills with the gun. The new gold gun system is better IMO because it forces you to try harder to get them gold. Anyways /rant; long story short, people just need to pick up a CBJ-MS or a Bizon, Vepr, some good SMG and go slay the hell out of the campy kids, set up a fast perk class and stop whining. Play cranked and stop complaining.