26 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2014 8:09 AM by Firesens RSS

Sniper Pride

Shadowelite555

Been seeing a lot of hate towards the sniping community lately on the forums. People have been saying stuff like quickscopers are trash and should be nerfed into banishment. I say different.

Can some of the snipers of the COD community say some positive things about being a sniper?

Sniper pride.

• Re: Sniper Pride
    iTzSurreal

Ehhh sniping is extremely easy in Call of Duty. As long as it remains as easy as it is, quick scoping will be prevalent. They need to add flinch and reduce the one-hit-kill hit box. Sniping annoys the poop out of me, but it's always kind of fun to put a sniper on. Albeit, sniping gets old quickly.

TG-ThoMz

I snipe, but there is not much to say about it.. I mean it's fun- but I can't argue with these complaints:

- that every weapon has a range except for snipers (should only have max damage between 30 and 90m)

- that any ohk weapon is OP with any one (unless its head/neck shot)

- Also can't argue that standing while looking down scope has almost no sway (should be different amounts of sway in different stances & there should be a centering delay after ads with any scoped weapon)

Even if all these changes were made sniping would still be fun, however with these snipers would require a different technique to learn and master- one that requires more patience, planning and stealth to use effectively. 

FWCmurda

TRUE hardscoping and setting up in areas sniping is cool, its actually how i first started playing COD back in the day. Unfortunately quickscoping is not sniping they shouldn't even be in the same conversation, quickscopers ruin the game, they ruined sniping for me as I don't even want to be associated with their kind.

Running around pointing a sniper rifle in someone's general direction and letting aim assist do the rest is not skill nor is it sniping. I've come to realize the only people quickscoping are either 10 years old, trying to make trickshots for their YouTube vids (thx zirrgriz) or massive trolls who know it pisses the rest of us off when we lose an up close firefight to an ******* spinning around with an 80 pound instant kill gun.

ShocKuMzzz

You're confusing quickscoping with trickshotting. Quickscoping is part of the game, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Carrying around a sniper automatically puts you at a disadvantage when it comes to short/close range, so if I need to zoom quickly to get a kill on a guy shooting me, yeah I'm gonna do it. Trickshotters are the ones ruining the game.

Firesens

Nothing wrong with it...

So there is nothing wrong with destroying the balance between CQC weapons and a long range marksman weapon.

Snipers shouldn't be as effective as they are now at close range, SMGs and shotties should win 95% of the time at cqc battles not the other way around. Snipers should be a bit more realistic and should be used correctly. Quickscoping was never apart of the game until CoD4 but it was as bad then because it wasn't as easy. Now it is so easy anyone can do it and it is too effective when you aren't even aiming the weapon and taking your time. (Add more flinch, kick, sway, bullet drop) and IMO snipers will be fair and take actual player skill.)

There are other FPS's out there that can actually balance snipers so they are not so good that they dominate every other weapon. Also it is possible to quickscope in those other games but since it isn't as effective it wont destroy the balance between a CQC PDW weapon and a Sniper Rifle made for long range.

A728

Umm...I don't know if you're playing a different game than I am but... SMGs and shotguns actually do win 95% of CQC battles against sniper rifles. I don't think you knew this yet but an SMG hip fire 5-10 rounds before a sniper can even ADS. SMGs also have a much faster ADS time than sniper rifles.

The belief that quickscopers don't even aim their weapons is a myth. When a sniper quickscopes, they have to stand still and fully scope in. A quickscoper gets their aim on target while the gun is going into ADS. They don't just zoom in and fire because of some aim assist glitch. The only thing aim assist really does is slow down the speed of the reticule while it is over the target.

ShocKuMzzz

This man speaks the truth.

Clearly, everyone who thinks quickscoping is easy hasn't tried it yet.

Firesens

It was an exaggeration, snipers should never win at cqc against smgs and shotties which is what I meant to say.

If a sniper is in a cqc battle they should and always have a sidearm on them to switch to. Quickscoping at the moment is way too effective for not actually aiming and it does abuse "Aim assist." Quickscoping should be as lucky as a noscope and shouldn't be on target over 50% of the time. It is a one shot kill weapon with unlimited range and barely any damage drop off. Snipers IMO in this game it will be hard to remove QS completely but making it harder to do shouldn't be an issue and it would be a lot better if it was harder. Add more flinch, kick/recoil, sway, reduce aim assist (in all ways.) This game needs to be slightly more realistic IMO, nothing compared to arma but at least make the sandbox balanced.

And when I say they don't aim, I mean it. I want the sniper to compensate for bullet drop and sway a little more than it does now. People running and standing should have more sway, people who quickscope should have more kick back, mainly because they are not steadying their weapon, all they are doing is running and pulling the gun in quickly and shooting. They have barely anytime to actually aim the weapon but they are still as accurate as normal sniping.

Also if you never quickscope and or have not been doing it for a while you really have no say in this conversation, you have no right to defend it.

There are four types of aim assist in FPS titles: Snapping, Friction, Acceleration, and Magnetism.

• Magnetism defines and outlines how far a bullet will "bend" in order to hit an enemy. Bullets and projectiles do not necessarily travel in a straight path; they will curve very slightly in order to hit a target. Different projectiles will experience different curvatures.
            • Snapping reorients the gun barrels toward enemies whenever a player's reticle are in proximity to their target.
            • Acceleration makes it so that when the player pegs their aiming stick in one direction the player's reticle will start moving slowly in that direction then pick up speed.
            • Friction slows the player's turn rate as soon as their reticule passes over an enemy. What it does is that it slows the player's top speed, and then dramatically decrease the rate at which the crosshair will slow down when the player release the stick.
      captain_howdy69

FWCmurda wrote:

TRUE hardscoping and setting up in areas sniping is cool, its actually how i first started playing COD back in the day. Unfortunately quickscoping is not sniping they shouldn't even be in the same conversation, quickscopers ruin the game, they ruined sniping for me as I don't even want to be associated with their kind.

Running around pointing a sniper rifle in someone's general direction and letting aim assist do the rest is not skill nor is it sniping. I've come to realize the only people quickscoping are either 10 years old, trying to make trickshots for their YouTube vids (thx zirrgriz) or massive trolls who know it pisses the rest of us off when we lose an up close firefight to an ******* spinning around with an 80 pound instant kill gun.

I agree with everything you said there except that you used the term hardscoping. It's not hardscoping, it's sniping. Hardscoping was a term made up by all the little 12yo quick-scopers so they have something to insult snipers with. My favourite burn from the (obviously super intelligent) quick-scopers is "learn to snipe properly hardscoping retard" or any number of variations of the same basic thing.

FWCmurda

OK I thought hardscoping was a term created by true snipers when the quickscope epidemic hit.

oh and to the guy who said those saying quickscoping is easy havent tried it...the last game I played last night (infested with quickscopers) i picked up a USR off the ground after running out of ammo.. 4 kills away from winning I decided to give them a taste of their own medicine and ripped off 4 quick 1 hit kills. 3 out of 4 last kills were in killcam so it was fast... And way to bleeping easy.

I left the game even more disgusted than before, its no wonder people run around with these big sniper rifles. In a competent players hands its not hard at all.

iHattoriHanzo0

All I can really say about sniping is "my gun is bigger than yours".

images-8.jpeg

All this talk about q-scoping, hardscoping, sniping, whatever. As long as I'm holding a sniper rifle, I'm sniping. I can also snipe with pistols in HC. Used to snipe with the mp40 in WaW. I'm breaking down barriers this New Years!

PSNGamerRednight

I'll be ok with quickscoping if it was like black ops

brsox

I've always enjoyed sniping in COD. I think they have gone a little too far with the nerfs but oh well. I enjoy the challenge.

A728

To be honest this is my very first COD but I think I've had enough experience in Ghosts to say something in this thread.

I love sniping. I'm not even remotely good at sniping but I'm still able to have fun riding the learning curve. One of my favorite parts about sniping is the reactions of people whenever I kill them. One time I was playing an FFA with one of my friends. He has a 2.00 K/D and he was in the top three every match we finished that night but, in one particular match I killed him quite a few times. He left after I quickscoped him while he was shooting me (Which is very rare). After that he rage quit and sent me a hate message. Later on he said sorry but he also told me that he thought quickscoping was cheap and noobish.

Raketti

Quickscoping is not sniping.

BU773TPROOF

Sniping is fine the way it is, buff shotguns and smgs but dont nerf things it just makes for less viable weapons.

kerk3r

Yeah I don't really care that much about this "hate" for quickscopers.

I've been using the USR exclusively since I bought the game and it's true snipers are good in this game but there's no aim assist like in black ops 2 where you just had to point and shoot. Snipers in this game do require decent aim if you want to do well with it.

Kids will always keep crying about getting killed, doesn't matter if it's by an Assault rifle or a sniper rifle.

As long as it's not their weapon of choice they will complain about it.

SitRepPro

kerk3r wrote:

Yeah I don't really care that much about this "hate" for quickscopers.

I've been using the USR exclusively since I bought the game and it's true snipers are good in this game but there's no aim assist like in black ops 2

Proof?

kerk3r

Just try it out yourself man, aim assist is non-existant.

I haven't had a kill in this game where I haven't been spot on the target.

Sometimes I do get hitmarkers which should have been kills because of lag comp tho.

I am in no way a professional sniper but I've played alot of blops 2 where I have diamond camo on all snipers + smgs (even peacekeeper which isn't required to unlock diamond in smgs) and prestige 8. I only got gold USR and ghillie suit in this game (prestige 1) but that alone is 2k+ kills.

FWCmurda

IF there is no aim assist in this game then why does my gun sometimes lock on and follow an enemy when im aimed down site and an enemy runs across my sights?

kerk3r

Not on scoped weapons, you need to be fully scoped in to get an accurate shot with a sniper.

Also there is alot less of it than there was in black ops 2.

SitRepPro

That's my point.  There is aim assist but it's there to help real sniping, and every other gun has aim assist available to them too.  In Black Ops 2, the ARs had twice the aim assist ranges than LMGs...

ukscorpz

I've not seen lots of QS'ers in this COD, nowhere near MW2.

Even then it didn't bother me, I cant do it so props to those who can.

I like normal sniping, I've not tried it in this cod yet but might have a go this evening.