1 2 3 Previous Next 174 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2014 8:03 AM by darkbagpuss RSS

How bad is your lag compensation?

2l2qnb

I am wondering if you guys are getting crazy lag compensation like I am.  I'll shoot half a clip into a chest and die, watch the kill cam and see myself die before I even get a bullet off and the player is NO WHERE NEAR what I saw on my screen.  Next-gen consoles should not be dealing with this crap...

• 1. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
    thetizzleguy

next gen are not fully operational as of yet, they both still have a lot of work needed. I am currently going through the process of trading my xbone in and getting a PS4 as the Xbone is terrible!!! no better than the 360 imho.

• 2. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
    DKCena

I haven't experienced ANY LAG almost since I've changed from the Xbox 360 version to the PS4 version.

On 360 it was in almost every match with several opponents. I've played 200+ matches on PS4 and I hardly meet anyone lagging. I'm so glad I bought the PS4 version! My K/D is Xbox 360 was something like 1.35, and on PS4 it's 2.27 now. People are actually dying now

• 3. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
    RexxCastle

Most people who are not seeing it are benefiting from it in some form, thats just the truth of lag comp.

• 4. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
    maccabi

2l2qnb wrote:

I am wondering if you guys are getting crazy lag compensation like I am.  I'll shoot half a clip into a chest and die, watch the kill cam and see myself die before I even get a bullet off and the player is NO WHERE NEAR what I saw on my screen.  Next-gen consoles should not be dealing with this crap...

there is no such thing as lag compensation as you are referring to it.

next gen consoles do not mean better connections they mean better graphics and more stuff able to be added to games.

killcams are NOT a reply of the event and should not be taken as anything more than a fun but not accurate feature

what you experienced is due to the different latency between players something you will never be able to avoid in an online game

• 5. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
    deamonomic

maccabi wrote:

2l2qnb wrote:

there is no such thing as lag compensation as you are referring to it.

next gen consoles do not mean better connections they mean better graphics and more stuff able to be added to games.

killcams are NOT a reply of the event and should not be taken as anything more than a fun but not accurate feature

what you experienced is due to the different latency between players something you will never be able to avoid in an online game

What he said.

OP, dont trust what you see in kill cams. Let me explain why. There is no way to get a live game to sync up to a kill cam or theater recording. Your live gameplay WILL differ from whats in the kill cam and in theater even if you are host. there is always something thats different. sometimes the difference isnt that noticeable but other times its very noticeable especially when it comes to dealing with things like how many shots it shows you firing or how many shots the enemy fired or where someone was aimed.

I pulled a friend into a private lobby on Hijacked on day. We did a little experiment where we took turns shooting each other. We would call out where we were shooting such as "right eye" we would hardscope with a sniper exactly there and then shot. The other person would watch the kill cam and see what it showed. In one instance I shot him right between the eyes... it showed him that I shot him in the stomach. Kill cams in BO 2 had the bad habit of showing a playing firing DOUBLE what they actually were. you would hear and see the gun fire 8 shots instead of the 4 you actually did.

and to Rexx, your doing the same thing many others have done. your watching kill cams and are being mislead. Players with a better connection are not being punished. People make this claim every single cod game that gets released and in pretty much every FPS game. Next cod that comes out will be claimed to be the worst ever.

Alot of people are seeing things and being mislead. The shocking bit is just how many people are falling into this trap. The majority of people who claim Lag comp issues are falling into it. Most of the time its due to payers believing they landed more hits then they actually did. Its not to say a player is bad or anything like that. The gun fights are a blur and trying to keep track of where every shot lands is a pain and many think they landed alot more shots then they really did.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200627467#.UsCS6hj2YwA

• 6. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
    Backstabber14

I get something worse than lag comp. I get what I call the teleportation effect, where movement will be very jerky and it looks like I'm teleporting. This happens every time my brother watches YouTube at the same time, which is all the time sadly. I often ask myself whether I should just stop playing videogames online completely. I mean what's the point when all I get is lag lag lag?

• 7. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
    deamonomic

Backstabber14 wrote:

I get something worse than lag comp. I get what I call the teleportation effect, where movement will be very jerky and it looks like I'm teleporting. This happens every time my brother watches YouTube at the same time, which is all the time sadly. I often ask myself whether I should just stop playing videogames online completely. I mean what's the point when all I get is lag lag lag?

I know how you feel. I spent alot of time with lag because my family loves streaming and Downloading . You can try asking them politely to get off for a bit, its what I had to do

• 8. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
    RexxCastle

If you would had actually listened to my video you would realize that most of what you just said was false.

I state CLEARLY that when im on my Wired broadband connection that i am 90% of the time about a half second behind in games and just get destroyed no matter how hard i try.  yet when i am on my 3g connection from my cell phone , as i was in that video i get MUCH better game play and feel like i am the one ahead (because i most likely am because of what? Lag Comp)

testing is testing and have have gone back and forth and its always the same, My good broadband connection = im behind and get smashed.  My **** 3g connection, im ahead and smash.

• 9. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
    Megadog14

There is no lag compensation in the way you think it is.

Heres a developer explaining it- Respawn Entertainment forum • View topic - Does lag compensation punish players with good connections

1 2 3 Previous Next