1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2014 7:46 PM by DalekonDrugs Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    starbuckfrack

Give you an example of something that happened last week. A guy from GTA sends me a freind request.

I accept it. I then watch his gamertag for a day and receive a message from him . "Please hunt me down in GTA and collect my million dollar bounty so we can split it". Well I immediately took him off my FL and reported him for cheating.

Now I DID accept a game invite from him immediately for example in Ghosts what do you think the chances are that I would have been accepted to a modded lobby ? VERY high.

When meeting any stranger you want to use your common sense to at least protect yourself before just diving it to his van that smells like chocolate ice cream. Same thing with meeting people online. If you dont use common sense then one day they are going to be scraping up your corpse on the street. I know there is a major difference here but when you have at least 50 bucks on the line plus DLC, time left over , achievements, etc to lose you would want to protect it as much as possible.

• 41. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    Slopat

I can't argue the fact I am a forum noobie. The behaviour you describe surprises me, as if I were to cheat, the last thing I would do is what you describe. Anyhow, I still think the ultimate responsibilty lies with MS and game designers, but will grant you its difficult to judge of one's honesty here. I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt, but that's a personal choice. I do find the reactions in this thread harsh, but maybe that's due to my noobiness/naïveté.

• 42. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    Slopat

I am sorry, but I do not follow your logic. Are you saying everyone who gets their identity stolen is responsible? Never use your debit card because you are responsible for hacked card readers?

Anyhow, I guess my ultimate point is I live in a country where we give the benefit of doubt (innocent till proven guilty) and I fully agree with the precept. All this talk of police is giving me a headache... Serve and protect, yes?

• 43. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    starbuckfrack

Slopat wrote:

I am sorry, but I do not follow your logic. Are you saying everyone who gets their identity stolen is responsible? Never use your debit card because you are responsible for hacked card readers?

Anyhow, I guess my ultimate point is I live in a country where we give the benefit of doubt (innocent till proven guilty) and I fully agree with the precept. All this talk of police is giving me a headache... Serve and protect, yes?

No but you can take steps to prevent your CC info from getting hacked. If you are stupid enough not to notice something looks wrong with the credit card reader than you deserve to have your CC info stolen. Did you use your CC on a new site without checking them . Then you are at fault. Did someone steal your CC when you used the public bathroom and left your purse in easy reach ? Yes you are at fault. Did they steal it from Sonys website ? No you arent at fault but SONY is responsible.

Sure the cops rule is serve and protect but can they protect everybody all at once ? No they cant. So what you need to do is pay attention and ensure you dont become a victim.

A lady walks down the street and has her purse stolen is she at fault ? Well there is no yes or no answer unless you ask her first what steps she took to prevent her from getting robbed.

• 44. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    Slopat

So I guess you also blame the woman for being violated. After all she looked and dressed sexy and didn't carry a gun in her purse. Let's stone her for the disgrace she caused the family.

BTw, there have been cases of hacked AT machines at banks. Dang morons who used those deserved to get their accounts emptied, I am sure.

Sorry but I do not buy in to your way of seeing things. Yeah, sure be careful, but assuming the victim is always to blame does not sit well with me.

• 45. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    KTPhoenix

Seems like this thread turned from a simple issue to being all about semantics.

• 46. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    starbuckfrack

Thats really blind if you think any of the TreyArch COD werent hacked during their live time.

• 47. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    starbuckfrack

It is about semantics. Its all a waste of typing.

Some of these people dont realize that regardless of whether this thread was made, regardless of what the OP or anyone else says in this thread it wont change the output either way about what fate has in store for the OP if any.

The OP could have used the search feature and found the answer and no one would have said a thing. Thats why I think the real reason for this thread is because the OP and a few others want sympathy because they "accidentally joined".

I accidentally walked into a room in my freinds house one day where everyone was smoking pot. You didnt see me talking about it all over at school the next day wondering if I will get arrested or begging people to reverse time to before it happened so it doesnt happen again.

It just keeps going on and on and on. "My ethics are better than your ethics".

• 48. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    KTPhoenix

I know. What also isnt understood is that we have to be unbiased here. Could he have willingly gone into that match and stayed even though he said he got kicked? Yes. But could he also be telling the truth? Yes. Like you said, our opinions here do not matter in the slightest. It is all up to what Activision and MS thinks. Activision and MS are not stupid when it comes to this. They have their own ways of finding out the truth and that is all that matters.

What the OP needs to do is talk to someone with both Activision and MS to see if this issue can be resolved. And all others need to stop making mountains out of mole hills just because they lose their tempers.

• 49. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    starbuckfrack

Well I could go either way on this. So OP if you are here this is not accusing you. I just have "pronoun troubles" some days

But coming from experience from that last message I got from MS in the last game.

What happens is that you go into a private lobby menu with someone who has the hack. you then follow certain procedures to "unlock the hack. you then join a real lobby with the modder which THEN gives you the hack to your system.

Now as I said this could go both ways. The OP could have known getting booted gives you the hack, he also might not have known. For example the modder could have sent him an invite just to get as many suckers as he could for laughs.

But what it comes down to is usually the modder CHARGES people to get this hack before they get it. Molst modders do it for profit only to build up more money. Hence the reason why so many modders on the top of the leaderboards have "modding ads" in their Bios.

Now I am not saying the person actually paid to get into a modded lobby that does this. But chances go both ways that he could have wanted to or unknowingly know that a lobby that he was going to go into was modded some other way then was advertised.

Again I am not saying hes guilty but MANY modders will charge for "something" to help players move up. And usually from there you will need to give out your gamertag on a site or resply to a random message saying "PM me for modded lobbies. Now some of those people that flood those messages after the report goes in saying "please send me the mod" from a PET team member from MS.See what I mean ?

PS there are secret ways that MS can catch you too.

Now I just hope the OP was able to get his report thru to MS. Because once he does any PMs the modder sends out could just get rerouted thru the PETs inbox for the next week or so.