12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2014 5:08 PM by SavageHam RSS

cant connect to ghost server

proposturusavo

I have call of duty ghosts on xbox one. Every time i try and connect to the server it does not connect and it tells me to go to callofduty.com/ghost/statusforupdates. here there is an error so i cant connect to the server.

• Re: cant connect to ghost server
    maccabi

proposturusavo wrote:

I have call of duty ghosts on xbox one. Every time i try and connect to the server it does not connect and it tells me to go to callofduty.com/ghost/statusforupdates. here there is an error so i cant connect to the server.

make sure you have these ports forwarded

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

UDP Port 3544 (UDP)

UDP Port 4500 (UDP)

turn off ipv6 in the router  restart router

if you still cant connect on xb1

load the game , do not load MP

snap to IE open a web page like google.  then snap back to game and load mp it should connect then

DopeyBo11ox

I can confirm NONE of the above work for me.

SavageHam

Hey DopeyBo11ox,

Can you please let us know what console you are playing the game on? Are you playing on a wired or wireless connection? Have you tried power cycling your router? Are you getting any error message when attempting to connect?

Thanks,

^AJ

DopeyBo11ox

Xbox One, Wired or Wireless (tried both), Power cycle router and Xbox hundreds of times over the last week. and changed router, and wired directly to router(no switches).

No error message just server unavailable at this time.

Have static IP with DHCP reservation, and tried all ports forwarding required and also DMZ, NAT says Open.

Connected total of 4x since DLC.

The only thing I can't try is disable IPv6 as neither of my routers have this function .

FalconR6

Hey Dopey,

Can you make sure that you only have one of the following port configurations enabled....uPnp, Port Forwards, or Console in the DMZ of router.   Remember with any changes you apply to your router to power cycle afterwards.

If you are Port Forwarding try adding port 3075 udp and tcp to the list maccabi gave you above.

One question: do you only have one console connected to you internet?

DopeyBo11ox

Yes i have tried that... I only tried one at a time i was just stating that i had tried all of the configurations, and yes i power cycled after every change to my router settings, both router and console.

Port 3075 is required for Ghosts and yes I have tried it, and DMZ which opens all ports(again not at the same time obviously).

I have currently only one Xbox one connected, there are 3x 360's in the house but they haven' been on when i'm trying and not ports are forwarded to them.

I've tried with UPNP on and off.

It all worked perfectly well until the DLC and subsequent 2 updates. Nothing on my network changed during this time.

FalconR6

OK - good to know. I can imagine your frustration.

Try removing your xbox profile.  read through and follow  http://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-one/security/remove-profile-from-console

Then clear cache (power cycle),, clear "persistent memory" in the Blue Ray settings of the X1.

Then reinitialize your profile. All you need to do is set up your sign info again and kinect settings.

The above is what I would do before adding in the deleting of Ghosts files (updates and DLC) into the mix,,, that is a lot to re-download,

Hope it helps mate. Sorry for asking captain obvious questions, I just gotta check. I'd be frustrated too.

DopeyBo11ox

I understand and thanks for taking the time to reply, yes it is enormously frustrating, almost threw my Xbox out of the window lol.

You may be onto something there with the removal of profile as I had a problem with it and had to remove it the day after downloading the DLC, Xbox would ask me for password everytime it logged me in although i had ticked "save password", anyway i removed and restored my profile and it has not asked since.

As i haven't tried removing it again i will try and let you know.

I am a bit dubious about uninstalling the game as my connection is quite slow (12mb) and it takes ages to download maps and updates, also from all the comments i've read on other forums it did not help many in my situation.

FalconR6

12mb - lucky bugger,, I live in the country and am stuck with half of that. 3 hours to update last time around.   Know what you mean with re-installing not working for some. But, it might help when combined with profile reinitialization.  Good luck

DopeyBo11ox

Ok I tried the profile removal and no luck...

I'm certain that it is something to do with the game and my ISP or Modem/Routers, there must be something that is not compatible between them and this game only as I tried my sons Xbox One at my house and it's exactly the same but when he goes home it's perfect. He is on Cable connection and I am on ADSL(phone line) both Virgin Media. I have contacted my ISP and they have found nothing wrong with my line and have even tried setting my line to "Interlaced" to improve my upload speed(0.9mb).

As I say though it is only this game all others work fine. I will try and see if it is the same on the 360 as my daughter has it but not the DLC, that may narrow it down to the XBone version.

My 2 routers are: Netgear DGN 1000SP(provided by ISP Virgin Media) and Belkin N1 V3, both give same result.

SavageHam

Hey DopeyBo11ox,

Thanks for providing that information. Just to confirm, your son's Xbox One was having issues connecting at your house as well? Can you let us know if the Xbox 360's are able to connect with no issues. Do you have any firewalls set up on your connection?

Thanks,

^AJ

SavageHam

Hey proposturusavo,

Are you still having issue connecting in game? Have you tried what Maccabi has suggested? Are you using a wired wireless connection? Do you have a static ip address set up for your console? Have you tried power cycling your router? Do you have any firewalls set up that may be interfering with your connection?

Thanks,

^AJ