11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2014 1:52 PM by PS3llama RSS

Ak

Psychobilly_X

Do you think it's overpowered and over-used?

• Re: Ak
    Jampekoo

No and no. There isnt single weapon that is OP, except knife that has integrated commando perk.

Lag_Cursed

It's a great weapon, but definitely no OP. And I don't know that this is the case, but keep in mind that it's perfectly okay for the community to have a common favorite weapon...even though it fools some into mistakenly thinking that it's op because its "favored" status results in them getting waxed by that weapon the most.

Highwayman0226

Great point man.  Some people don't understand this.  They feel that since a lot of people use it, it must be OP.  I thought in BO2 the guns were balanced pretty good, but we got an AN-94 nerf several months after launch, just because a lot of people found out it was good and started using it.

Edit:  Just looked at it, July 23rd (almost 9 months after launch) The AN-94, DSR and Ballista all took nerfs.  They were fine for most of the games' life.

Psychobilly_X

I'm not at all getting killed by it a lot. I just see it in the game(s) ridiculously a lot is all, I was just wondering what other people thought about it.

xzACExz

Nah

fLoRiDa_KrAcKeR1

I Don't think it's OP. I can outgun it with a SC-2010 every gunfight. Well that's when I'm sober .

Highwayman0226

Assault rifles really excel in this game.  The AK is the strongest in the class with a slower rate of fire.  It was the first weapon I really felt good with, so I got a soft spot for it.  I never really thought it was OP, just pretty good.

TG-ThoMz

Probably the best all around weapon- so a lot of people use it. However I prefer the R5 as it's vertical recoil makes it easier to control at range- plus this adds to the chance of a headshot which makes it a 2 shot kill.

But there are better weapons in certain situations so I would not call it OP.

Jullzwolf

No its not. It has the slowest fire rate out of all the assault rifles.

Its accurate with slight recoil and high damage, but the fad, honeybadger or remmington can easily outgun it. Before the ak reaches its third bullet if not head shot... most weapons can take it out. Although,  this doesn't mean that the other assault rifles are better, yet it's just not over powered.

cordna

In my opinion, there's really no OP guns in this game.  It feels much more balanced than previous titles.  There are absolutely best opportunities to use specific weapons, but I have no problem with people playing with any gun.  In fact, I'd rather see a larger amount of ARs like the AK-12 lying around after I kill a few people, gives me a better option of secondary to pick up when needed.

I feel instituting "nerfs" to weapons pushes people away from that weapon, just by the fact there was announcement to say they are adjusting it.  A lot of the time they are not huge changes, but it definitely affects the numbers using the weapon, even if the adjustment is minor.