8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2014 9:01 PM by Gerbera RSS

Is INCOG becoming a 'must have' perk?

IndyOldGuy

So many players now using Thermals and Tracker sights, I feel almost naked now without using INCOG,
anyone else feel this way?
Played against a whole team last night, all sitting aiming down their sights with AK's and tracker sights...ridiculous...
I myself refuse to use these 'gadgets'' as I call them, I dunno, I feel they are kind of noobish or something, Just my opinion....I feel COD would be better served to go back to basics and get rid of all these 'crutchs'....I think it would make players overall become better in general, not having to rely on something highlighting your enemy for you...

• Re: Is INCOG becoming a 'must have' perk?
    avengedyesterday

IndyOldGuy wrote:

So many players now using Thermals and Tracker sights, I feel almost naked now without using INCOG,
    anyone else feel this way?
    I myself refuse to use these 'gadgets'' as I call them, I dunno, I feel they are kind of noobish or something, Just my opinion....I feel COD would be better served to go back to basics and get rid of all these 'crutchs'....I think it would make players overall become better in general, not having to rely on something highlighting your enemy for you...

They are needed due to the map sizes and many many places to hide. On maps like stonehaven, if you are not using it chances are you will be overlooking enemy positions without even knowing it. Incog is helpful on a few maps like stormfront. Its easy to hide in the grass, it's also easy to miss enemies due to the rain. Some people may use thermal/trackers as a crutch like you said, but there are maps out there where you put yourself at a disadvantage for not using them.

cordna

I never use anymore.  I did when I started because I was unfamiliar with where I might encounter people, and where people might be scoping an area.  Now, I know where to look, know what footsteps sound like in specific areas of the maps, I find I use more of the combat-oriented perks.

Highwayman0226

It depends what I'm doing.  If I'm going to be sitting around with a sniper or marksman rifle, I'm definitely rocking Incog.  This playstyle requires you to be as unseen as possible, so anything that keeps you from sticking out is key.  I won't go into Stonehaven or Whiteout without Incog.

Classes where I'm moving around a lot, I find the points better spent in Dead Silence and Blast Shield/Sitrep.  I don't find much use for Incog when I play like this, because I'm almost always on the move, so they are gonna see me regardless if they have a thermal or not.

But yeah, if you want to snipe or camp, I would say Incog is a must have.

nicedrewishfela

I use it on a few of my classes, as I am finding that more and more people are using the Trackers and Thermal Scopes. Nearly every weapon I scavenge has one or the other on it.

xxphenomen4xx

If you run the way I do, you wouldn't even need to use incog!  Im a sniper myself and the first thing I do is check for every single snipeable line of sight.  So I don't need incog because I give very few windows a sniper will have to scope me?   by understanding their position on the map, and being a rifleman and sniper helps to stay of their grid, which is the reason why ill go dead silent over incog!?

SilentxThriller

Tracker sights, thermal sights etc are not nearly as good as some people seem to think. They are best suited for players with bad aim. In the hands of someone with good aim they offer little improvement. I don't see incog as an essential perk by any means, the only time I run it is when i'm running an MR, even then it's not always needed.

Gerbera

I see the Thermal Scopes used sometimes, but not really all the time, and I have yet to even see the Tracker Sight used. At most, I'll see the Thermal Scope used on snipers and Marksman rifles, but not much else.