9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2014 1:00 PM by TheePamino RSS

Having to reload twice?

TheePamino

Why is it that I am having to reload twice on occasions? I make a few quickfire kills, go to reload, allowing the whole reloading motion to complete before making another sprint dash, only to realise the 'Press square to reload' remains and I find myself having to reload again.

The amount of times this has happened to me has been far too frequent, yet I have never experienced this problem on previous editions of the game. Anyone know where I am going wrong on this particular version?

• Re: Having to reload twice?
    ghamorra

This is just a theory of mine,

I've noticed that you cannot reload cancel in Ghosts. Black Ops II had a flaw that allowed you to cancel the reload less than halfway through the animation on some weapons and there were a number of gripes about it. My guess is that the animation needs to be more than 100% complete because I've consistently found that some guns aren't actually reloading all the way by the time I engage in another motion such as running, climbing, or knifing. I've also noticed there's a delay as to when you can start shooting your gun. Since the time to reload is very consistent and unwavering I would suspect that it's because the reload time needs to be completed a brief moment after the animation is complete.

TheePamino

At long last someone expresses a view on the matter. I was beginning to think it was a personal issue of mine.

You may be correct, I don't know. I have never intentionally reload cancelled on CoD, but I recognise that I may have established an unconscious habit of doing so. This would probably explain why I am experiencing such issues. I guess I need to make a concerted and conscious effort to wait that little bit longer... because it's beginning to drive me insane relinquishing decent killstreaks as a result of this.

VenomV

Which guns do you prefer? Some can reload cancel and others can't really. For example, the remington is ready to go as soon as the clip hits the gun. On the other hand, the ak-12 has to fully go through the whole change clip animation.

Or maybe it is just your connection. Sometimes you can lag and it will not reload.

TheePamino

I started using the Remington and cannot recall any problems. Then I switched to the AK-12, because of the better iron sight, and the issues begun. The motion seems incredibly long on the AK-12, so you're probably correct.

The main problem is my play style; I am a rusher at heart, so rapid reloading is imperative for me.

VenomV

Definitely.

Sorry for the late reply but the ak12 has the slow reload on purpose to balance its power. The ak12 is the most well      rounded assault rifle so to stop it from being a total beast they give it a slow reload as well as fire rate.

And yes I know what you mean about the rushing and reloading. I guess because the maps are so huge and the action is short and quick that the reload can be slow. Slow maps= Slow reload.

TheePamino

No worries.

I have made a concerted effort to allow the full reload motion to take place now whenever I use the AK. Having to reload for a second time has only occurred on a few occasions since, so I'm gradually getting there. It still feels so slow even with fast reload, a perk I have utilised on every version of CoD.