8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2014 4:59 PM by Hellsoutcast31 RSS

Why use Incognito perk?

Hellsoutcast31

Playing last night, I was in a lobby where most of the other team was a clan. My perks are Blind Eye, Incognito, and off the grid. But the opposite team members using Thermal scopes could see me. The kill cam showed me as glowing white. Some even showed my gamertag hovering above me. I was under the assumption my perks made me immune to the thermal scope. Why was I glowing white? As far as I know there is no perk to negate the incog perk. Can anyone please explain? Thanks

• Re: Why use Incognito perk?
    Rambler330

I don't think the Kill-Cam shows an accurate view of what the other player sees. I believe it is just a generic view.

belly120

ok this standard and lame response is well boring now.  they show an accurate representation of at least one persons perspective of events.  kill cams don't lie they merely show one angle

they often differ due to external factors such as lag.  if you see you as glowing in the kill cam, the player saw you as glowing.

report it to ATVIAssist as it could be a glitch or the other team could have been cheating,

i've seen kill cams where i have incog on and don't glow on a thermal hence my suspicions

r33k

incog should NOT show on thermal and no name above head.

it also prevents call outs.

phxs72

Sounds like a glitch.  Incognito keeps you from glowing white on the Thermal scope but they can still see you.  It also keeps your name from popping up but more often than not so does not running it.  The names rarely ever seem to pop up in this game unless someone is standing out in the open where you don't need a name to see them.  I don't run it often but when I do run it, it's for not glowing white.

Makellos

I just posted something that explains this. See perks not always working. I noticed this a few weeks ago. Basically sometimes it doesn't register a perk where it involves another input(such as wiretap on enemy satcoms, blast shield with enemy explosives, or incog with enemy thermals). Not sure why, but usually dying a few times makes it start working again.

rankismet

Hellsoutcast31 wrote:

Playing last night, I was in a lobby where most of the other team was a clan. My perks are Blind Eye, Incognito, and off the grid. But the opposite team members using Thermal scopes could see me. The kill cam showed me as glowing white. Some even showed my gamertag hovering above me. I was under the assumption my perks made me immune to the thermal scope. Why was I glowing white? As far as I know there is no perk to negate the incog perk. Can anyone please explain? Thanks

Are you certain the glowing player was you and not another player in front of you?

I have never once had an issue with Incog and I run it on almost every class.

iHattoriHanzo0

Are you sue the class you were using had incog?

Can incog be cancelled out by ground jammer or something like that?

Possibly stupid questions, but just wanted to eliminate them first. If these aren't an option then I would start questioning a glitch like Makellos brought up. Here's a link to his post, Perks not always working...

Hellsoutcast31

rankismet, I'm sure it was me in the thermal. The first time I watched the kill cam I thought to myself "no way". The second time I was irate.  I finished the match and went online to search for a possible answer. I found none so came on here to ask everyone's opinion/thoughts.

iHattoriHanzo0, not sure about the ground jammer. Gonna search after I finish this reply. Great question though.

thanks to everyone who gave answers on my question. Hopefully see you in some deathmatch games. Stay vertical!