17 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2014 6:08 AM by ukscorpz RSS

Stormfront map

ROXSTARUK

I noticed last night that from the spawn on this map you can kill enemies right at the start of the game.. incredibly frustrating when playing HC game modes. I spent a few rounds of HC S&R last night alive for roughly 2 seconds... that can't be right can it?

Is this a fault with the map do you think?

• Re: Stormfront map
    belly120

only if you choose to run out onto the grass or straight towards the road.  both teams have equal opportunity to get kills, i often grab one or two and then get dropped so its not really an issue and you can easily bypass it,

iHattoriHanzo0

This is actually a common thing, at least with IW. Highrise in MW2 is a map that comes to mind right off the bat.

nicedrewishfela

You have to be missing something. The Spawns are tucked behind buildings. If you are getting killed off spawn you have to be running to where you are visible from the road.

Tactics74

That map has the worst spawn killing areas. I mean they are really bad to the point that playing Cranked you never even have to move and will never run out of time before someone spawns for you to kill.

NoLifeKing32

This really isn't true at all. Both teams start the game facing the road, one team on the bottom of the map the other on the top. You have the option of either 1. Sprinting to the road (definitely more than a "few feet") and looking up the hill/down the hill in hopes of getting a kill or 2. Running inside the building next to you, completely safe from dying right away. One option risks exposure at the hopes of getting a quick kill, the other does not. Option 2 provides complete safety.

ROXSTARUK

Sorry man, but I wouldn't come on here and bring up the subject if I was just having a winge or if it were something that was a "once off". I am talking Spawn, switch weapon, turn, die. When I said a "few feet" that was the maximum we would move. Dismissing it/calling me a liar isn't the constructive help I was after.

TOLAND

Which spawn were you at when you were killed?

Bridge or Loading Dock?

And do you happen to know which formation position you were in at the time?

Could try to recreate it in a private match.

ROXSTARUK

Thanks for the reply, I'll try to recreate it when I can next get on, hopefully tonight.. but appreciate if you could have a go as well. Also more than happy for you to add me to try and suss out whats happening.

Game type was HC S&R. Some more info.. so it seemed we were playing this level every other game for about 6 or so games, it might have been slightly less often but the other team kept fully voting for it each time it came up (possibly because they knew of this exploit?). When me and my buddy first joined the game I spawned on the bridge, picked my load-out and died, almost the split second I started.. now it looked like the game had just started but I'll admit in this one instance enough time could have passed that someone on the opposing team could have moved into a position they could have seen the spawn area - either way it was a damn lucky shot to have been looking exactly at the spot I spawned then fired, it really was literally instant.

The following handful of rounds started in a similar way, starting on the bridge and before even making it into the building one of our guys would drop - issue with the map or not, I think a map should be designed to give you more than a few seconds before putting you in danger, the average casual player would probably expect that for their cash.

Once we switched sides and started in the Loading Dock this happened to me 3 times in a row, the first time I was directly in front of the bomb, picked it up, turned right, moved a couple of feet and was dropped by someone on the bridge, I would say total time alive would be between 2 and 4 seconds. The next time I spawned it was similar to the case on the bridge when I started, it was almost instant. I think this time I'd spawned slightly to right to the right of the bomb. The next round I was to the left of the bomb, a team mate was dropped straight away, I hesitated for a second or two (I mean, by this point.. where do I run!?) decided to pull back a bit, edge round to the right and head through the building. I didn't make it. total time alive, 5 or 6 seconds.

I know the layout of this map means that teams can collide very quickly but I think a matter of seconds is fairly unsporting map design. I kinda like this map but the more this happens the more people will pick up on it and it'll just ruin the more difficult hardcore game types I prefer.

TOLAND

Are you on 360?

Just realized you posted in the 360 program.  I'm going to blame lack of coffee.  I just woke up.  Anyway, gotta work now, buy I'll be on in about 12 hours.

Gotta be throwing knives.  I can't figure out how one has a clear shot with a rifle.

ukscorpz

I think you mean on SnR & SnD?

Call Of Duty Ghosts: SnD FIRST BLOOD Sniping SPOT On STORMFRONT | Spawn Sniper Ep 1 - YouTube

It is possible to snipe players who run down the road straight away.

ROXSTARUK

So it's a pretty tight shot.. shame he drops off and runs into the building without showing how close someone could be stood at spawn, even more of a tight shot but still quite cheeky.

"It's probably one, one and half, two seconds..." - absolutely savage!

Thanks for the find/link, I'll have a play in a private match for best routes out of spawn avoiding this now.

ukscorpz

If you cross the road instead of running straight down it, you'll be fine.

Not forgetting that useless perk that makes you invisible to thermal

ROXSTARUK

Ha.. so I need a "Stormfront" loud-out now!?

I'm not sure which but I remember playing a game once where there was 'X' second spawn protection (3 seconds maybe?), not just at the start of the game but when you re-spawned as well, cancelled if you did anything other than move (aim, fire, etc) I wonder if this would help some of the spawn problems I've read about in this game. However, that is a can of worms I'm not going to open! Hehe.