1 2 3 4 Previous Next 58 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2014 7:15 AM by Warlord-Chojin Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II
    theroc23

Where are all the players with crappy connections that are complaining about this? There is a  very distinct and noticeable pattern of people with high-speed internet complaining about connection issues, but you rarely see those with poor service complaining. The missed boat in the second post says a lot.

Poster A- "Hey, I think my internet is too good because my game plays horrible"

Poster B- "Hey, my connection is the WORST and my game runs GREAT! Check your connection."

So much missing the point the OP is making...while at the same time inadvertently proving the OP's point. LOL   

• 11. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II
    gotsomestars

Please don't say stuff like "compensation" ______________.... you don't know what you are talking about, and spreading false info doesn't help anything.

• 12. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II
    milo-iq

Apart from split screeners and sometimes when air support is called in have no lag on ghosts, blops2 on the other hand was atrocious. I only play HC on it as the lag ain't so severe. MW 3/2 not much lag either as someone else has posted may be I connect to IW better.

• 13. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II
    blackOPSpoo

I'm not ready to say that QUITE yet.  But I'm getting there. 

For me MW3 had the worst hit detection of any COD game, but BO2 was close. 

The thing that's keeping me from saying Ghosts is worse than those two is the first month or so after Ghosts came out, my connection was great!  Seriously, better than any COD game dating back to MW1.  I was so happy with it.  Now the last month or so that has not been the case.  It's been bad far more than it's been good. 

I'm hoping it gets back to the connectivity I had the first month in...  not optimistic, but hopeful.  Because when this game is playing well, it's maybe my favorite COD to date.  When it's playing bad...  it has the potential to be the worst ever... by far...

• 14. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II
    BrilliantBus

Ok false.  I do know what I am talking about.  The compensation is a prediction from the host where I am going to be on the game.  So you do the math a slow connection to the game compared to mine.  Host receives the signal and there it is you're compensation.  It puts me around the corner on mine and right in front of the enemy on his.  So yes there is lag compensation.  I know they are not physically doing anything to my connection.  I am being throttled with the P2P improved compensating system they are using.  It isn't working period.  If I had unlimited smartphone data I would play on my phone as a hotspot all the time.  When I am running around the maps and someone else is visibly glitching that is a problem.  So their new improved system stinks.  The average speed in the lobby ends up the host.  The slower they are than me, the worst the game play is.  We all can tell when this is.  Everyone you shoot is not dying.  Your aim sucks all of a sudden and you can't hit the broad side of a barn Please don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about.  I have been around a long time.  It takes approximately 8fps to kill an enemy.  I am compensated then it takes me 8+ there is a problem.

• 15. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II
    SirDarthVader

The problems you mentioned are little problems most of which occured on Bo2 as well. For me I had the worse connection on Black Ops 2. If Anything my connection on Ghosts is great.

Multiplayer

- I would run somewhere, it would lag and take me back alot. That's only happened once on Ghosts to me.

- Connection Interrupted and takes everyone out of the match. Never happened to me on Ghosts

- Shoot First, Die First. Never happened to me on Ghosts.

Zombies

- Connection Interrupted (Again)

- Times out players. I don't see this much on Ghosts as I did on BO2.

- Game Screen Freezes. When you're on a high round and it lags....which is what made it so unplayable.

Half of these problems have never even happened to me in Extinction or Squads Safeguard mode.

These problems occurred so frequently on Black Ops 2 it made the game unplayable for me at times. It's not my connection, because it works fine with everything else including Ghosts.

• 16. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II
    Gunnerman677

OP did not make a point. He cried about connectivity. I also claimed that he was likely to have been making it up to bash Ghosts. You die extremely fast in this game (most guns at close-quarters kill in 3 to 4 bullets). There's no way that he unloaded a magazine with constant hit markers and did not win a gunfight. Either was up against a juggernaut, or he's lying.

There's no missed boat. There's obviously a lack of truth in his first post. Ghosts searches for best connectivity (regardless of player skill), and puts you in a match. If you're put into a laggy match with a decent Internet connection, it's very likely that you were just put into the best available match AT THAT TIME. Just leave and search for a new match. I do this all of the time. He also complained about dedicated servers. There can only be so many dedicated servers. Don't be crazy. Sometimes you just get put into a shitty match. Sometimes I get matched with French players. It sounds like France French, so that means the host I'm connected to is overseas. I just leave, and search again.

• 17. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II
    BrilliantBus

Yeah I am making this all up to bash the game.  Don't be ridiculous.  What I am saying is it hasn't changed.  Once again we as the general public fall for what is suppose to be the next best thing.  I also said I love Call of duty game play.  It is too fast of play for P2P match making.  The dedicated servers would iron some but not all of the problems out.  You do die fast on Ghosts.  You die fast on all CODs that is the issue.  The system can not keep up with this.  The post is correct.  The lower internet speed connections are barely making a peep about their game play.  You do hear some just not many.  You do get some "lag" kills with faster internet speed.  I don't know the ratio but my guess would be the "slower" is ahead.  No way am I starting a war with this.  It is not something new.  Everyone knows it is happening.  I was voicing my experiences I am still to this day having on the game.  I believe I had better connections and less crap with the same internet connection on Black Ops II.  We will not know what will change until the dedicated servers happen.  I really don't think they will.  That is my opinion.  There will be another COD this year or the next.  I will not purchase it unless a dedicated server is added.

• 18. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II
    Gunnerman677

There ARE dedicated servers. They never said every single player will be on a dedicated server. Also, did you actually play Black Ops 2? Die fast on all CODs? My ass. Slower Internet connections are not an advantage. That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. To assume that your Internet is "too fast" for an online game is absolutely ridiculous. Your character doesn't move in a faster time than everybody else's. Is that some sort of polar opposite to lag? Time travel? Sorry, but that's not how connection to a host or server goes. You can't receive information faster than it's given. That's actually completely impossible. What you're more than likely experiencing is poor reflexes, or being unfamiliar with the game dynamics. In both cases, just keep playing to get better. If you still stand by your Internet Time Travel theory, good on you.

• 19. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II
    KILLAMANEASY

they are known to slow down your speed to accommodate the speeds of others to create a balance so everyone plays at the same speed. I believe this causes people with high speeds to lag and slow speeds to have the advantage. With this, it would probably be ideal to make sure everyone in your party is not watching Netflix, downloading torrents, or browsing the iTunes store without browsing the ITunes store and/or have a connection slower than 3mb.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next