25 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2014 5:32 AM by OUHATEME RSS

restrict prestiges

Patriot1097

I really wish we could restrict prestiges on regular games, keep them in Hardcore. some of us dont have hours and hours of time to spend to get that good and it seems everytime I buy a new COD game there are 10th lvl prestiges there, I get to average 5 kills a game, no killstreaks its tough as hell to get badges. Where is the REAL game matching? come on recruits pitted against 10 lvl prestiges? granted those guys would probably just create newbie accounts again

• Re: restrict prestiges
    phxs72

When I play on my backup account (its a no prestige) I run into plenty of no prestige lobbies where it is quite obvious that some very experienced players have started new accounts.  When I play on my main account (8th prestige) I still see some noobs but I mainly see folks that have a somewhere around 3 or 4 prestiges under their belts.  There's not too many legit 8th prestigers out there yet.  So my guess is that the game already does a little prestige grouping as it has done so in the past.  However, that doesn't prevent those experienced guys from playing on new accounts.  So your suggestion while well intentioned doesn't work.

If you are only averaging 5 kills per game then you really need to play Squads more.  You just don't know the maps or strategies well enough yet to compete in regular multiplayer lobbies.  Squads is a nice prep-school to get you ready for Multiplayer.  I suggest the Squads Assault mode.  It's just you and a whole bunch of BOTs but those BOTs are pretty good players.  Not necessarily as good as real people but make no mistake that they will challenge you.

appledaniel

i hate to say it, but if you want to be competitive you just have to put in the time to get better.  i started playing cod way back on mw1, and i was terrible, but i was just happy to be playing a awesome game and just like getting 2 or kills a game was fun for me.  Well as you play more you want to get better and will.

This game is very competitive and if you dont have the time to get better, then its going to be a hard road out there, cause there are a lot of really good players.  Also i agree it sucks to get beat down by high level good players, but if you went into a "lobby" with just new easy players then you would never get any better at the game.  although its not fun at times, playing those better players makes you better, a lot better.  Just keep playing and playing, even after years of playing you can still get better.  and if you dont want to take the time to get better to be competitive, then dont. Just play squads, if its just for fun, then dont play multi-player, squads is much more laid back and easier.

Firesens

Prestige doesn't take any skill to get to, it just takes time.

TOLAND

I'm one of those multiple prestige guys.  I play COD more than all other games combined as the most difficult levels on most games are a joke and get boring very quickly.

And I agree with the statement above.  Prestige doesn't mean anything other than you play a lot.

Playing a lot is why some people are better.

That said, there are lots of people who prestige and play a lot and never learn a thing about how to be good at this game.

I wouldn't sweat it much.  Play some Squads and learn what works for you and you'll be kicking tail in no time.

Peace

iHattoriHanzo0

I agree playing a lot makes you more experienced. There are many things that make a good player such as, map and respawn knowledge, tactics and different strategies from in different game-modes, quick reflexes and good hand to eye coordination.

So like you said, a player that plays a lot might not be good. And a player new to the game could do very well. That being said, running with a team with good communication will most likely dwarf what randoms can accomplish no matter their experience or skill level.

Not sure why my mind went there.  Just adding on I guess.

nicedrewishfela

Prestige Level means nothing more than they have time to play the game.

Iron sharpens Iron. You don't need to be playing against marshmallows.

trialstardragon

Prestige meas nothing in this game so it does not ever need to be restricted. If a person is a 1 or 10 has no true baring on how good of a player they are ever just how much time was put in the game as many others have said.

I am 1st prestige, but with the levels of my other squad members combined I would be 4th by now. Does that mean I am good? BY no means. I am just average getting maybe a few lucky games where I can go 13/3 when the other half of the games are sometimes 3/13.

It is just the luck of the draw on what types of players you get matched against at times. Stop worrying about the rank or stats, play for fun, pay attention to how and when you die and why and try and learn from it and not make the same mistake again.

Overall dong take the game too serious it is meant for fun primarily.

YummyYummYum

As other's have said, the reason you are having a hard time is due to your lack of game knowledge and tactics.My guess is that you are simply running around looking for someone to shoot at.This generally does not work.

Go play in Private match.By default it is on TDM so leave it at that.Change map to Strikezone and put 5 friendly and 6 enemy.Now start them on Hardened which will simulate the average CoD player.After you start going around 20-5, switch to veteran.Continue that till you are at least doing 20-10.

I highly recommend the tactical button layout and learn how to dropshot.Which is dropping to prone while shooting if someone is close.This works well on the bots and very well against players.Though i wouldn't do it at mid range.Most people aim at about mid chest and can correct their aim easily.Learn to strafe fast left to right, this can definitely screw a players aim over.

Next, pay close attention to the killcams of the players who kill you.You can learn by analyzing them on how they moved when they aimed down their sights and how they are strafing while shooting.These thing's will train you to be on par with them.Eventually you'll find yourself "pubstomping" players like your current self.Most of those high prestige players your having a very hard time with at the moment were like you at one point.So put it into perspective.

Though ask yourself if you actually care about winning.If so, then put in the effort to be better.The tools to become better are easily accessible.So use them to your advantage.

On a side note:I wish they would bring back the prestige lobbies from BO1.Was a great place to meet lots of good players and have some very fun games.

KujaTribal

Prestige means nothing but time invested.  Ghosts is the first CoD Game I've put any real time into, the only other being MW3 but I only played casually.  Yesterday I got 9th Prestige and that's only because I have 13 days played, I'm not that good. I only have a 1,1 KD.

obzi

It's true what everyone above is saying, prestige levels just mean you have time.

Look at me for example, I'm 5th prestige and I'm completely useless.

EJKHunter

Okay, let me explain something to you. Your complaining not about prestige, because that's a MASK that someone wears not the reason they are stomping a hole in your face game after game. Even if all prestiged players got immediately locked out of Core modes - which would kill the game immediately due to there only being four game modes in HC and the majority of players are prestieged - you'd still continue to get your face stomped in by level 60's who won't prestige because there's a LOT of them out there who don't do that. Now, I agree something needs to be done about paring people up with over-statted players too often (it's nice to not have to dig and scratch to break even every damn game lol), but banning all of us who prestige will in zero way solve your problem. There are tons of un-prestige'd players out there as good if not better than half the people you're referring to who have completed multiple soldiers on this game. Which means they will continue to remain on your playlist, and your problem will have literally remained even after the overhaul you suggest.

Ignore eSports, ignore pro gamers and all that... Call of Duty has always been a competitive multiplayer experience. If you aren't willing to try and get better, than this is the fate you will be reduced to when you do play. That's the long and short of it. You might read fifty suggestions from others that you agree or disagree with, but mine is the cold fact of the situation. It's what it is, why your proposed changes not only make no sense overall (oh, yeah, Clan Wars... we'd be allowed in during Clan Wars too, so you'd never get rid of us..) but also why nothing at all would change due to the fact that all we have are fancy badges.. our stats are our stats even if we had never gone to a second soldier.. so there's an instant failure in your idea before you even completed the thought there.

There is only one way to avoid having that hole stomped in you (which is why I'm assuming you're complaining), get better. Don't have time to become competitive, or don't have the desire? Time for a new game, the Call of Duty community and franchise is not for you.. it is not designed for people like you.. it is not catering to you... actually... it's designed and catering for the people you're complaining about lol which is sort of ticking off all of us...

Patriot1097

you guys are ranking up on me at least you do is give me a solid lol. I got a 1 day or so play on it , now a general(49) and I got 4 squadies to lvl 5 HOWEVER still not getting a killstreak. I kinda focused on getting badges at least the attainable ones 1,2,3 place in 3 games is definately a dream. oh and anything in search and rescue/destroy I get killed pretty quick in that

xZOMB1Ex

You keep saying killstreak, are you only trying assault streaks that require you to get kills in succession with no deaths? When I first started playing I only used the support streaks, because deaths do not count against your count. Disregard this if you were already aware of this, and are using it. I just thought it might make your experience a little more enjoyable.

Patriot1097

thanks, I didnt know that, I will try it. btw 1day 16 hours .211 k/d yeah that bad

TOLAND

Hi Patriot,

If you don't mind, could you let us know what your loadouts are, what modes you play, and what you normally do during the match.

I think some of the problem is you just don't quite realize how some things function.

Just a suggestion, feel free to ignore me, but I think the community could help you figure these things out.  You said you have played other CODs.  How did you do in those, better or worse?

Peace

Patriot1097

well I have been doing  domination(more points I think) kill confirm and crank mainly to get the badges. Bison with rapidfire and handgrip ,perks  slight of hand,marathon, agility,ready up (on the go,gambler or blast shield) ..currently trying remmington with semi auto(trying a badge again) oh man I really need a high rate of fire with that I'm hitting people once or twice but it dont kill them

Guy8915

I would suggest playing TDM. The game modes you are playing are far too fast paced for you at this time. You need to take your time, if it means camping then do it. forget what people say about it, if it helps you improve even a little then its worth it. I played nothing but TDM for my first 3 days played, I learnt the maps, best weapons, good kill spots and spawns. Also, If you see a high ranked player on your team, follow him see where hes going and getting kills (I have certain spots on some maps that are guaranteed to get you kills), watch what he does or join a clan that are willing to help you improve, you can be their own little project lol

Patriot1097

well, I made it to prestige, how do I get to level 2? it just says 60 there is no progress bar?

OUHATEME

Once you complete the level 60 ,it should change your rank emblem and all you have to do now is start on your next squad member. In create a soldier just go to the next on and hit the button to make that the one your playing with now. Don't remember if the second squad member cost any squad points or not.  if it does simply purchase it with squad points and begin using him/her.

ErUPtiON

You have to unlock and start a new soldier after maxing out the previous one. Thats how it works in this game. dont forget to set the new solider to default