37 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2014 6:33 AM by 6Tn1ne RSS

Attention,  here is the fix for the pc version of cheaters

tomanycheaters

Attention,  here is the fix for the pc version of cheaters..... All that is needed is a voting system.  If a player is hacking, Any player can place a request for a vote to kick ( almost the same if you wanted to mute someone).  A small transparent window will be placed on the game screen with the players name to kick.  Press "y" for yes and "n" for No.  If the hacker gets enough votes,  that player is kicked...  Simple....simple... simple.

• Re: Attention,  here is the fix for the pc version of cheaters
    zvers

I use to play on PC so I feel yeah. The one thing that worries me is that if a player is doing legitimately well solo and the other team has a clan, they can simply vote yes to kick them to save there own hides. I'm NOT saying that cheating doesn't exist, especially on PC but I just wanted to throw in my thoughts and maybe there's a way to prevent this in finding a solution. Good luck.

Rethill2

tomanycheaters wrote:

Attention,  here is the fix for the pc version of cheaters..... All that is needed is a voting system.  If a player is hacking, Any player can place a request for a vote to kick ( almost the same if you wanted to mute someone).  A small transparent window will be placed on the game screen with the players name to kick.  Press "y" for yes and "n" for No.  If the hacker gets enough votes,  that player is kicked...  Simple....simple... simple.

No.

Someone already suggested this in another thread. Bottom line is that if you have a system like this it WILL be abused. Really bad players who can't handle people better than them will abuse it, and good players who can't handle a challenge will abuse it. In MW3, there was a vote kick system and from the little bit I played of it it was abused a lot even when there were no hackers.

It's a decent idea on paper, but in practice its terrible. Dedicated, player-run servers would solve this instantly.

Tactics74

Player run servers have there own set of problems.. I've played on many.

The guys that run the server can cheat- very common that the cheaters just buy there own server.

They can kick/ban you because they feel like it (don't ever kill them god forbid)

They can make rules on what you can and can not use in-game or how you use it- then kick/ban you.

They kick/ban players that are real good even if there is no evidence of cheating.

[pde]paulkersey

There may be dedicated servers out there like that, but that's not ALL dedicated servers and it certainly isn't the majority. We run CoDWaW servers and have run CoD4 servers and are the total opposite of what you state here. User dedicated servers and admin tools are certainly a much better choice than what you have right now - getting owned by cheaters who have their own Steam group. Whatever little group is out there running servers like that, you don't have to play there and you aren't forced back there like a lobby system does. You find some servers and admin that are proper and stick with those servers. Spread the word even. Become a regular there and if you know your stuff you could call out cheaters and they can ban.

Cypher871

Good reply Paul.  My own clan used to run COD4 and BLOPs servers for the longest time and they were always full because not only did we not tolerate cheats but we played by a code of ethics within the game that included no foul or abusive language.  Players quickly spread the word about our servers and we had a large group of regulars that remained outside the clan but were always very welcome.

Of course we always got those coming in that would try to disrupt things but they didn't last long.  Not only that but we always had new maps every month from the community - the games NEVER got stale and that is what is needed again.

D0T-C0M

IW's version MW3 didn't have a vote to kick, maybe your talking about delta's version?

Rethill2

D0T-C0M wrote:

IW's version MW3 didn't have a vote to kick, maybe your talking about delta's version?

Damn, maybe. I didn't play enough MW3 but I distinctly remember a votekick in it so it was probably Delta.

Granted, it was STILL abused in Delta, despite the fact that people loved to cheat in that. Heck I got kicked almost every time I popped a Gunner in Delta.

wierd worlds are these

There was a vote kick system in the official MW3 game but it was in the Dedicated Servers part of it.

It was abused by anyone who didn't want to play against people who were better than them.

I won't post the video again, but I was kicked by a group of people on a server because I got around 8 kills in 2 minutes on MW3 and they hated it, after 2.5 minutes I was kicked from the server.

Vote Kick should not be in any game.

Aimbotting

Not simple at all, this would be terrible. Everytime I'm gonna have a good game I'm going to get kicked. I've never got a KEM strike or a >5 KD game without everyone else crying hacks.

Postmanliver

To date, hackers in the game is very small. Maybe it's marketing before DLS. But I have a video person who occupies the second place in TDM (I 1). He personally sent me a video with all the evidence, that there is no cheating. Watch the video to the end. I asked him to remove webcams monitor and he did it in the second part of the video.

KEM Strike LIVE+WEB by OkyHb | COD Ghosts MP - YouTube

mrefuman

I have been playing this on PC for like 3 days and have been in about 10 hacked lobbies...

mrefuman

And to be  clear here, I don't mean that a player was really good and I think he might have been cheating.

I mean people were flying all over the sky outside of the maps, unlimited ammo, 10,000 exp per kill / assist, every gun firing grenades or one-shotting people and making them explode.Just plain completely broken lobbies.

I went from level 1 to 42 in two matches in one lobby.

Cypher871

Either you haven't played very much or you have just been very lucky in the games you have played but I can tell you categorically, that the game is suffering from a large number of people using cheats.  This is purely from observation...and I am not talking about people that are 'suspected' but those who are out and out cheating and not even trying to hide the fact.

As to the OP's idea this works BUT only on dedicated servers with honest admins policing the game.  Let the players themselves decide and I am afraid that human nature takes over.  Nobody from the poorest player to the best likes being beaten and if you give players a tool to get rid of someone then it will be abused.

I used to rent my own Black Ops server back in the day and had both my son and a couple of trusted friends as admins.  I also used a dev tool that auto-kicked players it detected using cheats.  Even my son and friends would let their tempers get the better of them sometimes and they would kick players that were doing 'too well'...like I said...it's just human nature.

Top-Jack

Hey. FYI, It's very easy to use an aimbot and get away with cheating. Not only can I send you a clean video (WHILE I CHEAT WITH AN AIMBOT) I can have my buddy's standing over my shoulder in the same room & they won't know that i am cheating (USING AN AIMBOT IN THE GAME) and they are in the same room as me standing over my shoulder watching me play!

It all boils down to if you are able to spot an aimcheat or not.(BECAUSE 100% AN AIMBOT GETS AROUND ANY ANTI-CHEAT THEY HAVE IN PLACE AND PLAYERS RIGHT NOW ARE USING IT IN GAME AS I TYPE THIS).

The guy who went through all the trouble to send you this & that proof (is most likely a con/cheater). Ya I might waste my time sending people video's to try and prove I'm legit. the guy who went through all that trouble to send you vid proof did it because he's a con artist, and that's what he loves doing! He loves fooling people into thinking he's legit when he uses an aimbot to play. (many many players/con artists in the PC platform are doing this)

It doesn't seem strange that every great gamer has this snappy aim to the enemy target no matter which direction they have to move their mouse?-> Up to the right, down to the right, etc etc it's always a perfect "dead stop"... (duh I wonder why?)--> It's because they use aimcheats!

Sliding a mouse on the desktop shouldn't stop so "clean" with a "dead stop" everytime. (only players using a trackball mouse should "dead stop" so clean because of the fact that they throw the control with their thumb & it stops on it's own "without human intervention" thats the only way your going to get these precise "dead stop" turns is (WITHOUT HUMAN INTERVENTION/ERROR). (no one is "freearm" sliding a mouse on a desktop and stopping so abruptly at 10 targets without any residual movement unless they use cheats. OR as I stated if you USE A TRACKBALL MOUSE that gets thrown by the users thumb & STOPS ON IT'S OWN! that's the only way your going to get these perfect "dead stops" consistently for every target, It's either a trackball or cheater using artificial aim.

SOME A-HOLE STATING HE'S DOING IT WITH HIS DESKTOP MOUSE IS USING AIMBOT to aim at you & also to find your position through walls!

Postmanliver wrote:

To date, hackers in the game is very small. Maybe it's marketing before DLS.

But I have a video person who occupies the second place in TDM (I 1).

He personally sent me a video with all the evidence,

that there is no cheating. Watch the video to the end.

I asked him to remove webcams monitor and he did it in the second part of the video.

KEM Strike LIVE+WEB by OkyHb | COD Ghosts MP - YouTube

ok in response to this video, it certainly looks like a cheater with fake aim..

At the start of the clip I see an aim master (perfectly flicking to the enemy targets after he see's them (which tells me he is very good with aiming) but then at 41 seconds you get this spaz flick & stare through/into a wall blocking all his view when the sound of enemy footsteps is ontop of him.. I would have reversed in to keep my FOV on the opening/out to open space. But he hears footsteps and decides to block all view by staring into a wall? Then like a hero he makes all the right moves to pull off this kill before the other player could blink. makes tons of sense (NOT).

For me (SOMETHING DOESN'T ADD UP) that long stare to the wall "blocking his own view of the entrance" when the sound of enemy footsteps are so close, the perfect timing/last second turn/pivot right on the money as the enemy comes through the door, perfect nut shot. You'd have to be a little off your rocker to think this is real sound awarness and not some clown using an aimcheat to pick out targets through walls and pivot to targets with such precision when the enemy is in view.. It's a bit over the top. looks like the "sqauds ai character doing it's thing" but faster.

There are many instances in the vid that look like he's taking advantage of something that targets his enemies through walls. Compile that with his always over the top accuracy and you basically have to be a fool to believe this is real and not artificial aim. I would offer him my house if he could prove he's playing legit. The fact is he can't prove it because it's not legit. I can easily spot the aimcheat being used. Have a good day sir.

AltRapist

The title of the post had my hopes up for a nanosecond.

ultimatedarktyrantx

THX for the information i found a lot of cheaters in this double EXP DAYS

tomanycheaters

I know there are problems and very good players. As far as the vote, its NOT just one player or even five players that can vote you off.  I am saying maybe 10/12 players have to agree.  I am fed up with the lack of response that pc gets when it comes to gaming.  In my head, the older crowd plays pc, and that is what I enjoy.

X-FIGHTER

not bad. but what can do the players that were hacked? i think we need a restart level tool

DEAF_HKomonPL

ESC > F1 > RecentPlayers , Nick name > Report Player > Cheating YES

OR

F1 > RecentPlayers , Nick name > Report Player > Cheating YES

WallhackHunter

^ This, but I would like to hear from activision of what it is what they are doing in regards to the people that are reported.  Because I've been in servers where I call out a cheater, and everybody says.  Ohhh he has been reported many times.  So what does that mean.  Does it mean that activision does not care bout cheating, in computers.  Or they just put the reporting cheating for certain platforms, that on pc its a set of keys that are just set, but they have no actual result of their purpose.

Now my question to ACTIVISION

What is the actual process when a player is being reported as a cheater, booster, explicit language, and exploiting.  Please respond with the actual process of each and every report, to have a better understanding of each, Please!!

Now lets wait to see if the report button does work, and how it works.

Since Steam is not involved with the game itself, cuz when you shift+tab steam does not show any players currently playing at all.

dynamicfurlol

The thing that really piss me off is that not once, since release have we heard someone from this damn company tell us that all effort will be made to terminate these hackers. Not once did they tell us that. It's because THEY are behind all those hack sites. THEY sell the cheats. Tonight was the worst night ever for me. In  match, there were at least  cheaters. I really looked at the replays and couldn't believe how precise they are. They followed me through walls and all this kind of ****. It's a lost cause. IW never released a statement saying that they will put an end to this only because they are behind this whole scheme.

radical_53

Simple? No. It would also kick all the good players instantly. Voting never worked, unless being used for the next map/mode...

FacetiousMarmot

The fix would be for Infinity Ward to finally install some kind of anti-cheat function. But they're not going to support the PC release besides giving Valve the patches for map packs.

ANWRambo

Very bad idea.

That would kill off the game with all the crap players banning/kicking good legit players from lobbies.

If people are on PC do you think they are going to play legitly anyways?

No, most will have some type of DLL injected, skin/wallhack texture, programs running in the background to give them some type of advantage.

I know I would. Simply because I have the freedom to do so on PC.

On my PS3 I am limited to what I can do and it sucks.

I love the freedom on PC to play how I want to play.

I would not use an aimbot but wallhacks are always useful.

Just keeping it real. You know you use them in some form.

COD is dead anyways. Only way I'll play it now is if I get it for free in a torrent.

Don't waste money on it. It is garbage.

WallhackHunter

You my sir, is the reason why computer gaming is dying.  Because developer's do not want to deal with people like you.  I believe that computer gaming is far the best platform out there, and will continue to be.  Until the consoles turn into computers and handle the same graphics computers do.  But if you continue to support the same ideology that you follow now, sooner or later, not even consoles will have any games, due to the developers would not gamble into making more games due to the piracy, and corrupting them are what you are doing.  I hope that you can say that you were part of the cause we are seeing less games being released in the pc platform.  

Top-Jack

ANWRambo wrote:

Very bad idea.

That would kill off the game with all the crap players banning/kicking good legit players from lobbies.

If people are on PC do you think they are going to play legitly anyways?

No, most will have some type of DLL injected, skin/wallhack texture, programs running in the background to give them some type of advantage.

I know I would. Simply because I have the freedom to do so on PC.

On my PS3 I am limited to what I can do and it sucks.

I love the freedom on PC to play how I want to play.

I would not use an aimbot but wallhacks are always useful.

Just keeping it real. You know you use them in some form.

COD is dead anyways. Only way I'll play it now is if I get it for free in a torrent.

Don't waste money on it. It is garbage.

This post is funny, You state all the bad players will kick all the good players? Then you state everyone is using wallhack Or basically confess you use wallhack.

So if I lose to you and your wallhack and vote-kicked you, does that make me the bad player voting off the good player?

We need a kick function for a-holes like you who are cheating and calling others "bad players".

the only thing i agree with is that the PC is the CHEATING PLATFORM.

It's just so easy to do it. so easy to open the game files and maniplulate code. I'm pretty sure you just change em to zip files. that's how it was in past versions.

The company should at least be more vocal on the cheating and admit that they can't stop it.

Infante_manuel

LO QUE SE ES QUE YA NADIE VA A COMPRAR MAS CALL OF DUTTY POR QUE TODO ESTA LLENO DE HACKERS!! LA MITAD DE LAS PARTIDAS TIENEN A UN HACKER DENTRO.... VENGA YA HOMBRE...

NoWackers

If you do not like them, you can kick them out as well..lol..

dbkvaternik

I logged over 2k hours playing Team Fortress 2 and I feel their implementation of the vote/kick worked well enough. Sure it kicked l33t players on occasion. Hell even I got kicked a handful of times. It also takes care of spammers/whiners and trolls. Near the end of my TF2 days, Steam/Value implemented a definitive noise when a hack was detected. It was a sound track from the Halloween theme which sounded like ghosts wailing. It was an easy enough cue to log out when you heard it overpowering every other sound/music effect in game. Simple. Elegant. Done.

Valve also had dedicated, private servers too. What a quaint idea!