12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2014 12:42 AM by nuttin2say RSS

Add a Reset Option!

AZSESINOO

Yes im kinda of a Hardcore player, just hit 10th Prestige lvl 60 since 2 days ago, and its pretty bored not to prestige :/ , I miss to use a token to reset my level soooo much! still a long year to play this game....

cheers!

• Re: Add a Reset Option!
    AZSESINOO

I just want to prestige again! :/   any ideas guys???

nuttin2say

Have you completed every challenge in the game?

robrod

I was just wondering this the other day with my clan. The topic came up because I had hit max prestige in BO2, to get myself back into the game before ghosts, I reset my stats. Even though I got back up to 8th prestige again, I did not max out again. And because of that, I was unable to get the MAX PRESTIGE background in Ghosts. Not a big deal, but would have been nice to get that background.

Well, that being said, I agree with what OP said. Once I hit max, I didn't really play much. The only way I could find it fun and entertaining was to reset, so I did.

On BO2 I had diamond in SMG and Assault Riffles, I was 1 away from shotguns. These are the little things that make prolonged play worth it.

While in Ghosts, clan wars will keep me playing for months because that is amazing, I wish there were a reset and special camo for unlocking all gold in a class of gun. I have used the same set up since my 2nd team member, I am on my 8th. Vector with some other stuff blah blah. I can't bring myself to use any other gun because why?

nuttin2say

I appreciate your honesty, robrod. You and the OP are why I have a different idea. Instead of creating more prestige levels or resetting everything back to the beginning, what if completing challenges were tied to Prestige? Right now how many times a player prestiges really does not mean anything more than, "I've put a lot of hours into the game." You said yourself that unlocking things prolongs play and makes it worth it to keep playing the game.

I think they could actually reduce the number of things that had to be completed if they would make it so that you could not prestige until you had completed all the challenges for a particular prestige. I think they could do this and still increase the amount of time players put into the game. It would have the added benefit of forcing players to use things they would otherwise avoid using, thus giving them the opportunity to learn from first-hand experience how the game is balanced instead of making assumptions.

Bubbakush

If they did that people wouldn't play. No one is going to be happy being forced to play a style they don't like or forced to use guns or equipment they don't like just to advance in a game

nuttin2say

People are "forced" to play ways they don't want to now so what's the difference?

Bubbakush

How is anyone forced to play a way they don't want to?

nuttin2say

LOL ... just look through the forums. There's 1000s of people that swear by that claim!

Bubbakush

And they all are just crying and complaining. You can play your game anyway you want no one forces you to do anything. How many people claimed the world was flat? Just because the majority did where they right?

nuttin2say

Bubbakush wrote:

How many people claimed the world was flat? Just because the majority did where they right?

Hmmm. You present an intriguing dichotomy.

To answer your question ... the correct answer is, "Not many." That is where we run into a problem with your second question. I could get into details (and probably will because that's the way these things go) but your second question is akin to the following question:

How many people claimed that zero was not a number? Just because the majority did where they right?

fyi - in case you don't know, the concept of zero originated in "The New World."

darkrangeresp

Try to earn enough squad points to unlock every weapon, attachment, kill streak, grenade and class slot on one of your characters.  That added a lot of extended play to the game for me.