46 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2014 10:25 PM by BobbyMcGee RSS

So How Do You Feel About Us Not Getting Double XP?

GamebroCrazy

It seems logical that we didn't get it because ether the Wii U team is really busy on a new patch... or we are in trouble... How do you feel?

• Re: So How Do You Feel About Us Not Getting Double XP?
    the1andonlyIKY

You're on time out. Why are you even on here? ;p

like2nap03

As much as I try to be optimistic I'm starting to think we may be in trouble. 

As far as not getting double XP; I am slightly disappointed. 

Ryumaou

Even if they are busy, turning on Double XP should be an easy to activate feature after all these years. They even turned it on for BO1 and MW3 on Wii during the season of the following titles.

So either they screwed this feature up this time or they really pulled the plug.

If they would only be allowed to communicate this bs it wouldn't be so much of a problem...

But announcing 2XP 'for all platforms' and then NOTHING but SILENCE on WiiU isn't the good old english way... oh wait...

Edit: I made a small comment on the news section at Prepare for Onslaught with Double XP Weekend!

Feel free to report my comment over there as an abuse. So at least the Mods here will be aware of this situation and MAYBE there is a chance they forward this stuff to somebody who can decide to grant us some 2XP next time or some bonus weekend as a replacement.

Spacious_Fissure

We missed out on the last double XP after Christmas.... I tried to tell people that might have been a sign of the further downhill of Nintendo CoD since we have only missed out on double XP once I believe in the past 3/4 years. People told me "Oh they're on their Christmas vactation". Bullshit, why weren't the other consoles devs on vacation. We had also gotten double XP during Christmas in the past.

Missing out on double XP twice.......Ok, now it's getting fishy. I'm pretty sure that the WiiU dev team doesn't deal with the turning on of the double XP anyway. I remember reading somewhere the Activision does it.

T_Knight

You are making the implication that Treyarch's B team actually cares about Ghosts and anyone is still monitoring it.

I'm tempted to just announce I'm setting up a boosting party on these forums just to see if they'd do anything. (Considering they didn't punish the guy who found that gamebreaking bug that crashed game to the point they had to patch it. I know they wouldn't.)

So who feels like boosting?

BobbyMcGee

lookit miiverse. that and freight glitch is all the rage.

bughunt

The retard that was running around and abusing an exploit that crashes and freezes the lobby on Ghosts is still running around as though nothing happened?  The exploit has been patched now, hasn't it?  Why hasn't he been banned or, at the least, reset when the fix was made?

Best place for boosting right now seems to be BO2.  The devs moved out and the rats moved in.  I'm even seeing new players boosting to unlock crap and call in high streaks.  When you get dumped in a lobby that is populated with them and start working to counter it you become an immediate target as though you are in the wrong.  How dare you ruin their fun :/

So, yeah, Boost Ops 2 would be the best place for that.  So many players with a KD/R less than 1.00 that have Nuclear, Nuked out, etc...

CG exploit must be getting more popular, too.  Worse games are when certain boosters use it and it's probably the cause of the increased laggy crap I've been getting.  It's **** the game up to the point where I've got a good mind to just name and shame certain forum members who were abusing it and, as it appears, sharing it out.  Well done guys.

the1andonlyIKY

CG? and you see people on here? wow o.o then again. You lost me there. Were you still talking about Black Ops 2 or Ghosts? spose it all comes back to what cg means..

the1andonlyIKY

only thing i can think of is crashing game

bughunt

Custom Game exploit on BO2.

Basically, its like setting up a Custom Game and then glitching it so that it behaves like a ranked match - you can level up, do challenges, etc.  It takes more than just one person to set it up and is even joinable by random, unsuspecting players that think they are joining a regular public game.  It also means that somebody who has no business hosting is able to host the match.

I think it's time for a clean up

I mention it here when I first detected it being used.  If you read through my posts there you'll find some details and screenshots I made.

I've got a folder full of these now, all showing who the host is, how it's displayed in the recent player list with the splits (with times and durations and scores to show that they are continuations, etc).  I put together a write-up of how to detect it, how the exploit is done, required proof for it and stuff for the Wii U devs in order to get this sorted quick...but nope.

A month later I see one of the ATVIAssist members on twitter dealing with somebody on the Xbox 360 who was (then) reporting the exploit, too.  I think it was fixed not long after but the Wii U never received further patches.

A few people from this forum are the ones hosting some of these rigged lobbies that I've recorded.  There were also some of the same names sprinkled throughout some of those matches so they were the ones helping to set it up.  Nice of them to share this around outside of their little circle.

T_Knight

So I can bypass being screwed over by lag comp, the OP aim assist and wolfpack clans in BOII?

We should be erecting statues in honor of the person who found this if it still works.

bughunt

Doesn't stop anybody being screwed over by lagcomp.  But think how bad it would be when somebody who shouldn't be hosting makes themselves host.

No idea about the aim assist.  No denying that it is clearly too strong, but I personally don't use it and have no problem playing against those that do.

The lobby can still be joinable by players looking for a public lobby.  You would use it to avoid "wolfpack clans" but, effectively, be setting up your own "wolfpack party" only with a rigged lobby that you are using to screw everybody over with.  Sounds fair.

This is why it is called an exploit.

I think it was an XBox player that found it.  I also think it was primarily used by weak players (think boosters) in order to complete challenges, level up and boost their stats.  It got patched on the Xbox 360 and people who were caught using it were punished.

Erecting a statue in honor of the person who found and shared this would be like giving the the cheaters on the Wii a medal every time they hopped somebody and ruined their account.

T_Knight

I'd rather see everyone get screwed than just the host, which is usually what I am forced to be.

Just because you don't use it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist and it utterly fractured the community and it's part of the reason the turnover rate to ghosts is awful. Treyarch managed to piss off all the Wiimote users so only the most ardent ones got Ghosts.

I wouldn't expect people to join if I fill it with bots. Also it would depend on the size of my party to create an unfair advantage.

To complain about boosters and compare them to account hoppers is an utter joke. So they have a nametag they like or a certain camo. So what? What do you care in how people get them? This is the Wii U, if this makes the game playable for me to the point I actually want to play it again in, I say to hell with your false dichotomies, if people have fun playing that way and it doesn't harm anyone else, (Which it doesn't, so don't lie.) God bless them and let them do it.

the1andonlyIKY

makes you sound like one of the unnamed hosts of these lobbies. and no. no that is not cool. in any way shape or form. if you, i, or anybody else likes a certain camo or challenge or what not THAT much, then work for it. earn it. then show it off and be proud of it

bughunt

I've been host and know what it's like to be screwed over.  I've also not been host...and know what it's like to be screwed over.

bughunt wrote:

No idea about the aim assist.  No denying that it is clearly too strong, but I personally don't use it and have no problem playing against those that do.

I don't use this exploit, so I don't know what, if anything, that you can change about the aim assist.  Additionally, messing around with parameters that differ from the stock setup for public lobbies may mess with variables that the core code expects to be static.  All sorts of problems could happen in this situation (I'll explain more below).

If you want to play against bots or just friends, or even a mix of the two, then a regular (un-glitched) Custom Game is for you.  Why would you want to make it behave like a public match?

If you and others want to boost your nuts off in a lobby all to yourselves without involving regular, unsuspecting players who thought that they were joining a standard public lobby...then be my guest.  I have no issue with that.  I also only consider regular boosters to be a nuisance, nothing more.  I have ways of dealing with them.

I never once compared boosters to cheaters on the Wii.  I was referring to people who feel it's ok to share and use exploits that could cause major problems for other people.  If there was no potential for it to be used against unsuspecting players then I wouldn't care.  I'm not quite sure why you think it being on the Wii U makes it ok to use, though.

To reply to the final part of your final sentence, I've joined a few lobbies that I know were glitched that have lagged all over the place and crashed, resulting in my console becoming hard locked.  I remember three lobbies where I couldn't use lethals or tacticals (I'd throw them and they vanish).  In those same lobbies I was also unable to get a single hitmarker on anything halfway through, including claymores, bouncing betties and a Guardian that I stood shooting at before dying.  There were also two seperate occasions where I had used a hellfire missile and had the hexagon overlay still active for ~5 seconds while I moved around.  It lit up everybody across the map.

This is the Wii U though, so that makes it ok, huh?

T_Knight

There's a major difference between lagging out of a match due to a poor host (which is Treyarch's fault.) and having someone account hop you. You can simply leave the match in the former, you can't do anything in the latter. I'd rather have the matches mean something rather than just sisyphusian chore. (Also it's nice to get emblems so you can actually make nice looking ones.)

The Wii U has been abandoned, so of course it's the wild west and fair game. You want CoD that's supported? Get an Xbox or Playstation.

bughunt

Ahh, that explains it.  I see where your mindset is at now.

I thought for moment that I had been writing some of my post in invisible font since you've been selective in what you use to reply.

All you've seemed to do so far is find ways to justify using something to screw over other people for the benefit of yourself.  I think Castiel said something like this about why he was using cheat codes to give himself an advantage on the Wii.

Of course there is a major difference between lag and account hopping.  Not sure why you felt the need to bring that up for arguement when I made no such comparison.  But of the various problems I encountered with these types of lobbies you only refer to when I mentioned lag :/

Being rendered unable to fight back when all your ammo and equiptment does nothing, ending up with a hard locked console where you need to pull the power, and who knows what other potentially bad outcomes don't matter as long as you are not on the receiving end.  Got it.

Appropriate that you mention something being sisyphean.  Experiencing something like that right now...

I'll leave this alone now so that you can keep on rocking that world you live in.  But if you find the "don't join rigged lobby" option when searching for a match be sure to let me and the rest know.  We shouldn't have to gamble because others want to control the lobby for their own amusement.

nintendon't

T_Knight wrote:

Just because you don't use it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist and it utterly fractured the community and it's part of the reason the turnover rate to ghosts is awful. Treyarch managed to piss off all the Wiimote users

Yeah, all 10 of them!

Spacious_Fissure

At least you can kill boosters.........  Can't kill someone under the map. Ghosts is full of people timing out for win streaks oddly. I heard a guy earlier say "Oh if I leave when we lose it's because I don't want to lose my 186 win streak"...... (facepalm)

Last time I got on Beast Ops 2 I dropped a 102-0 on Plaza Dom....lol

bughunt

Having that teammate arrow vanishing on the tactical map and engineer lighting up their tactical insertions can make them easier to kill than somebody who is camped up....if your bullets register and you don't get lag shafted.

That's where people setting up rigged lobbies in their favor causes a major problem.  It's even worse when they've done it with the intention of boosting.

Dat 102-0   R.e.s.p.e.c.t

expresso83

About double XP..

Here's how I look at it. People say "If you want DLC, let your voice be heard!" Which is great, that should be the case.

But when double XP is promised to us as "all platforms", and then we do not get double XP - I hardly saw anyone complain about it. I checked Twitter and Miiverse regularly over the weekend, and I felt like I was one of the few to complain. It very much surprised when the community is so passionate about getting DLC, but when they don't get double XP - not much was said.

It's like.. you want to be heard right? Say something! Or perhaps most people didn't know there was a double XP on those other platforms. And I will admit, I played Ghosts on another platform for the double XP but when I went back to Wii U to play Ghosts, it was such a better experience. The Wii U port, in my opinion, is a very fine product - just wish Activision and whomever will get on the ball and deliver (1) DLC (2) Double XP (3) Patches.

If you produce a game for a platform - a game that is one of the best selling games last year - support it!!! What I am thinking when a company doesn't back a game - but it does on the other platforms - looks terrible on their end.

/endrant

King_Nero-Senior

Being heard is great when the people listening are actually listening and care.  As far as double xp is concerned sure it would be nice to have but i am taking the online features with a grain of salt.  I am not going to let them get me raging over some stupid b.s..  For me first and foremost it is a game and that is all.  I am not emotionally invested in it like some people.  So yes it does suck not getting it but its not worth the stress of raging over.  I just want the optics fixed on the wiimote. It is simply not fair that the wii mote is getting screwed.

Sussbauer

I think its unfair :/

expresso83

Apparently Activision forgot about the Wii U this past weekend for Double XP - Wii U News I called Activision again! (DLC, Patches, and more!) -MW3 MOAB GAMEPLAY WII! - YouTube

WiimotesRus02

We've been in trouble with this game since Nov 5th. Its a sham, a disgusting way to treat customers..