27 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2014 9:53 AM by MassiveToxicDragon RSS

Cod Ghosts 1st DLC

MansonCharles

Can anyone tell me the exact time the DLC drops? Will it be at midnight or like 6am. I don't want to stay up all night to wait for something that comes up next day. I'm in Eastern time, if you can't tell me the exact time for my time zone, give me your timezones and I'll do the math. Thanks.

• Re: Cod Ghosts 1st DLC
    sellsword

According to the countdown timer it will be  (In Britain) 6pm if you're on the Eastern sea board of the US, I think that puts it at 1pm, which has me confused as this about 8 hours later than usual

nicedrewishfela

Best bet is to follow IW on Facebook or Twitter. They pretty much always put it out there when the DLC is live on the marketplace. Sometimes takes a little time to go live in some areas.

DalekonDrugs

That countdown is inaccurate and misleading, expect 10 am for UK as for US times I have no experience for that.

appledaniel

cod's dlc usually come out about 5 am eastern time.

EJKHunter

Follow the Countdown on the Front Page

19 hours from now (10pm est) would put it's official release at 5pm est - therefor is likely not going to be available at the usual 5-7am est but rather about 12 hours AFTER that.

PetrifiedLambs

The map pack comes out at 5 am I live in Miami so i know what i'm talking about

EJKHunter

Yet the countdown they've had up for a a week now, from the publisher who distributes it, says otherwise

How does living in Miami imply you know what you're talking about in any logical fashion? lol by that logic I could claim it was me who discovered the Theory of Relativity because I live near New York and I should be right...

right?

RIGHT?

Oh wait, no...

PetrifiedLambs

because he lives in the eastern time zone and miami is in that time zone so yea

EJKHunter

So do I, that still in zero way means anything in relation to what's being discussed. I know when the servers propagate and the marketplace updates for the east coast... that's not the point, read what he actually said.. the only thing he implied was because he lives in Miami he knows what he's talking about... how does that alone qualify someone? I know far more people that live on this coast that don't have the foggiest idea when the markeplace updates typically... hell, it seems at least 80% of the people on these forums don't know themselves.. so your logic just went clear out the window sir lol

PetrifiedLambs

i dont really know what you are talking about i did read the question and he asked what time the maps drop in the eastern standard time so since i stayed up for the black ops 2 maps which all came out at 5 might as well answer his question

EJKHunter

Okay... let me start again... "The map pack comes out at 5 am I live in Miami so i know what i'm talking about"

I want you to read that.. carefully... and please tell me how living in Miami means someone knows what they're talking about... that's all my post was about. Not the content of knowing when the server shows the dlc, no.. all I made question to was how living there in any way meant you know what you're talking about... is Miami a special place where people instantly know things and become professionals? lol I took a comedic approach to the comment was all... because reading that aloud made it sound like simply by living there, you knows man.. you knows..

What I said afterward was based on that logic, because I live near New York, can I make some inane claim and be correct in knowing what I'm talking about too?

Yes, we know the dlc propagates around 5am est, but as I said previously, at LEAST 80% of the community here.. does not... hell, if I got on the Xbox and asked any one of my buddies still playing, I'd wager only about 2 would venture a logical guess around the right time based on past experiences.. But that doesn't mean Devin living in Georgia knows what he's talking about simply because he lives there.. or Matt living in Oklahoma knows what he's talking about simply because he lives there...

Ya see where the humor I cracked at was now? Leave your place of residence out of your experiences and knowledge, if you'd have used your timezone specifically no one likely would have ever replied to you like this... but I saw comedic value in such an inane worded comment that I could not pass it by.

The fact I had to explain the logic of reading comprehension and break this down, something I learned how to do in fifth grade, makes me very, very depressed... ~facepalms slowly~

NoLifeKing32

Obviously there are people here that have never witnessed what time any DLC hits on the Xbox. So here, I'll explain it. IW submits it to the Xbox Marketplace, which operates on American PST. They have to approve it and update their marketplace, which happens on a daily occurence at 3 AM PST. So, its not going to be available to download until then, at the earliest. The "countdow" on Activision's website is completely irrelevant, they don't control it. Microsoft controls it. 3 AM PST. At the earliest. Go to bed America.

jamesbond99

you are incorrect, its has always been 2am pst /5am est.

EJKHunter

True, the countdown is technically irrelevant lol I'd just rather people shut up and follow that... too many wasted topics on this same thing... I think the hope of the countdown was to indeed prevent tons of useless threads like this, but apparently some people are incapable of seeing something like that and making any sort of "oh, not yet" connection lol

idyb
    Rambler330

I am downloading them now. 6:12 AM EST

Not sure when they went live.

obzi

Sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone know if this individual DLC will transfer free from 360 to Xbox One or will it have to be purchased again for the One?

I don't mean if purchased with a season pack but if this is purchased as an individual DLC.

Thanks

masterg671

So far, I'm loving this new DLC. You are missing out, and you shouldn't hesitate.

Increment

Oh poop the new maps aren't available in HCTDM, same BS as in MW3

Do it over, do it right!

MassiveToxicDragon

6:00 PM For Eastern time, so for Wisconsin that is 5:00 PM