15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2014 12:26 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

Patch 28/1

admunday

So, dead silent is now dead silent (still countered somewhat by Amplify).  A change which will encourage more movement, a good thing!!

Increased XP on operations, also good.

Reduced lean kill, rescue kill and point blank requirements, also good.

I like all that I'm hearing on this one!

• Re: Patch 28/1
    idyb

I hope amplify got a buff to counter the dead silence buff.

admunday

Amplify will still hear DS runners, but in reality you did not need amplify to hear DS users, just a basic set of headphones.

Headphones no-longer = a free perk.

EJKHunter

After having just finished testing the new Dead Silence, you are COMPLETELY silent when moving and sprinting... I don't mean it's slight, even to yourself there is simply zero sound made (as if a audio channel was totally removed).. WITH Amplify, you can still head DS users, but they no longer sound like teammates (which got confusing sometimes), they are very slight and specific footfall sounds now

When you run DS now some things you do are completely silent as well.. sliding is 100% silent, vaulting is also.. falling more than a few feet will result in a landing sound and grunt still.. using equipment is dead silent as well, however using weapons, reloading, holding breath all make noise you can hear even without Amplify on. Testing against all of this with a class that doesn't use Amplify (I run Turtle Beaches) and I can confirm that I can't even so much as hear a teammate dancing and running in circles behind me at all that has DS on... I'll hear an enemy 30 feet away, Ill even hear a teammate reloading halfway across a map, but my buddy running laps behind me, sliding sprinting and jumping everywhere, makes zero noise whatsoever lol

It's going to make life interesting for those that corner camp when someone on the enemy team is rocking a super stealth perk build.. they simply will not hear anything until the sonofagun has already murdered you flat out lol I tested that on two maps where I found easy to hold corner/ambush zones and already a couple people have fully realized the change... got my head cut off because now they have NO fear of sprinting with agility and full on ramming their knife into your spine.. the only thing you hear is the sound of the blade sinking into your avatar followed by your body going thump LOL

I sense I'm going to make a lot of people scream like little girls in the coming days, because I love scaring the crap out of people posted up where they soundwhore and rely on Amplify... even with it on, I barely caught the sound of a dude rushing up behind me and literally didn't get turned halfway around before he wrecked me. Yeah, I could hear him, but even with a good headset it only gave me my first footfall warning when he was already within 10 feet... now if he'd have been walking I'd have had at least a go at him, but damn man lol Amplify is hardly useful against DS now at all, and if you don't have it on, just be prepared for a lot of grief from those of us that use DS on run-and-gun or stealth classes.. cause without it, you won't have a clue we're flanking short of a teammate callout in your ear lol

Makes ninja-play (as I call it) very effective now, and makes soundwhoring with Amplify half as viable as it was before - which is a huge hit to those that play and rely on it lol

admunday

As I said in the OP, it will encourage movement, which is a good thing!

Nicedrewishfella has summed up the situation in this game well in other threads, in that the cost to camp is less than the cost to move about.  This perk alteration, plus the changes to IEDs, seems to be a move towards adjusting that position.

SitRepPro

People camped in BO2, there are enough threads about it on here for a start and footsteps were practically non-existen,t and the game favoured run and gunning a lot.  The pointstreak system will deter people from risking a death.  Why bother help capping a flag in Domination when it won't count towards your streaks because you might not be the first one on it?

admunday

Not suggesting for one second it will stop camping, just that amplify currently makes camping easier than ever.  Therefore, this change should help.

There's more changes that I personally would like to see, just struck me that this at least was a step in the right direction.

Re your dom point, capping flags win you games, adding 1 to a streak doesn't.  That's why you risk death by helping.

Sch4effer

Thanks for the heads up on some of these changes. I haven't had a chance to play with them yet but from what i am hearing I like what they are doing with this latest patch.

EJKHunter

The IED change is nice, they're more familiar to those of us that became twitchy and shell-shocked about the bouncing betties lol If its flat on the ground, you have a shot of sprint/leaping over it with only minimal damage... I'm not entirely certain the perimeters, I tried it twice; once I cleared the explosion and got left for almost dead (I play Hardcore, so that should say something if you're a Core player), the other time it caught me and killed me as I would have expected it to prepatch... but it seems there's a chance of actually pulling that off now, even without Blast Shield on.. in which case you could just run right through it even on HC anyway..

If it's set above head level facing either outward or downward, if you drop prone you simply avoid all damage done by it at all even on HC.. unless it's lower than head level with you, in which case you'll take damage/death accordingly lol basically, they gave people a chance of escaping it if they accidentally get to close.. and sometimes that happens even with Sitrep on... that's got to be a bug, because sometimes for whatever reason an IED or even a Sentry Gun will not be glowing with Sit Rep until you've come within range to be splattered across the wall or chewed up by a bunch of 7.62 rounds... rare, but sometimes it unfairly ends a good streak because the game doesn't seem to be following its own rules LOL I digress, got a bit off topic there

SitRepPro

Running and gunning with stealth is an oxymoron.  Guess you've never played the campaign to Medal of Honor (2010) then.

Mess1ahBrowny

AK buffed nice

EJKHunter

No sir, never played it at all other than briefly rented for multiplayer lol I know it's an oxymoron, but the fact that it actually works sometimes is hysterical... nothing better than flanking steathfully, spotting a target.. saying "screw the gun" then hauling off at dead sprint and knifing him in the neck before he has time to turn... that's assuming he has Amplify, as half the people I've done this to since this patch I've found do not indeed use it.. or they don't have a headset, it which case woe be unto them... Now you can literally stealth out, agility and marathon up, and be that silent freaking blur that appears behind the enemy who can't hear you running full sprint at their backside lol total Shinobi quality fun is about to go down

Rytram

lol. damn, i guess i can set my X-11's down

IndyOldGuy

admunday wrote:

Reduced lean kill, rescue kill and point blank requirements, also good.

Oh great, after I suffered threw 50 lean kills with a vector, now they reduce it....

nicedrewishfela

Oh no! A lot of people just lost their crutch.

http://sadtuba.com/