29 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2014 10:39 AM by Imagemaker RSS

Why doe's the onslaught DLC Maps not working in Squads Wargames?

TaurusHelix

Hi,

i downloaded the Onslaught DLC a view minutes ago and played a local game i the Squads mode on the new maps.

But in the Regular Squads Mode Wargames (Xbox Live Mode) the new maps doesn't appear.

i Tried it now for about 100 Times so Start a game and immediately abort the lobby after seeing it was none of the new maps.

i own the Season pass and downloaded the dlc...

So please help. i payed for the maps and now i want to play on them asap.

i play on the xbox one...

• Re: Why doe's the onslaught DLC Maps not working in Squads Wargames?
    betrayor

Still not working. WTF!

LiutenantTrillanes

Hi there guys. I believe the maps are not yet included in the rotation for public matches online for every game modes so we may have to wait for further updates or news from the Call of Duty website. Though as I've checked, the maps can be played via local match.

boleje

If this were true, we would have seen the Free Fall DLC map in the squads wargame rotation. I have a feeling that at this point in time that there is no intention of putting these DLC map packs into squads wargame play. Sad. I'm glad I held off on buying any DLC because I had a feeling that this would be the case with all DLC map packs, after not seeing Free Fall go into squads wargame.

DSRaVeN

As far as i have seen the dlc maps can be used in squads via the squad headquaters.  i set my map for people to challenge me to the fog map.  so i believe that they will add them to war games at some point.  it should be like regular multiplayer if u dont have the maps u cant play on them with or with out other players.  the fix will prob come in the form of a title update or a future dlc.  if enough people say something on the forums about it maybe we can get the update sooner than later.

boleje

Yes, you can set those maps as your squad homebase. But the only way to play those maps is if you run across another player who has one of those maps set as their base in squad assault. They are not in the squads wargame rotation. I hope they they do fix it, as someone who really only plays wargame, the DLC maps are pointless for me to buy at this point.

shawn00m

I agree, I'm having the same problem. As far as I'm concerned, there's no excuse for the maps not coming up in Squad Wargames. The DLC weapons are available, why not the maps. COD needs to release something about this and fix it.

PUR4IDO

The weapon is available because you don't need the DLC to pick up a Maverick from the floor. When you add the DLC to the normal, you get the same problem you had in Blops 2. Not everybody has the map pack and matches take forever to start. On the XB1, the highest total so far that I have seen has been 2k. On weekdays, I pay matches that are 3v5 or some stupid # like that.

BigErn-33

Activision please fix this issue ASAP or just let your customers know that squads mode "Wargame" doesn't support DLC maps. 

asdehielo

Same thing happens with safeguard. Even worse, as even some non-DLC maps (siege, stonehaven and chasm) don't appear.

Safeguard is my favorite game mode, so I'd be really happy if this was fixed

Imagemaker

Yes. PLEASE make the map packs available in Squads!

I play Wargames 99% of the time and have just bought "Onslaught" for the Playstation. Very unhappy that all I have for my money in effect is a weapon!

ACTIVISION, look at it this way, you are missing out on purchases (ie; MONEY) from people like me and those above who will not buy any future DLC for Ghosts and those who had the foresight not to buy any in the first place.

IF you, Activision, make the map packs immediately available in SQUADS and "Wargames" in particular I WILL buy them but you will get no more money from me unless this happens.

"Conned" definately springs to mind!

OvercomeX4

I purchased the season pass months before I got my PS4 and Ghosts anticipating Squads and didnt think twice about DLC not being supported in the Squads playlist. Although I have loads of fun playing Squads and hope future call of duty games build upon it, Squads still needs some tweaks and more incentives for playing. I havent sat down to play yet tonight and have been looking forward to this DLC for weeks and now I am reading It isnt playable on Wargame which is all I play...? God Damnit IW. I want my FIFTY bucks back! I already felt decieved when I learned Squads is just a restricted filler mode when I was piss-pants excited to finally see this put into COD only to see xp caps and no rewards or nothing. Not even the newest addition added, outfit customization! So I have to mingle with the toxic community to get rewards for playing? No thanks. Got over that long ago.

Its time to step it up and help us Squads players out too!, Xp caps and restrictions... and now no DLC support? What the hell!!!

You add a new mode with brilliant A.I. and tons of fun and not support it? Well, all I can say is if I get on to play some Wargame tonight like always and the DLC is not in the rotation, I want my damn money back. And there will be no more spent in the future.

BENICETOTHERS

You are soo correct!  I'm  very angry the DLC maps are not available in Squad WarGames. If they don't fix this issue, I will not buy any of their future game releases. We own all three console types and play all kinds of games. We play Squads to avoid all the cheaters/ hackers and that's another issue with this game.

OvercomeX4

So I just installed the newest Ghosts update tonight on my PS4 (Feb 28th), a little over 1000 MB... But a few things added/removed from Squads Mode, the only mode I play, has got me thinking. First of all, the only game mode I play is Wargame on veteran difficulty because Squad Assault was just not challenging enough, and I have been having a blast.

The first thing I noticed was that they added an 'Onslaught' option in the Squads menu which got me excited because I haven't been able to play the new maps in Squads since I installed them, they just didn't appear in the rotation. The second thing I noticed is that they removed the option to select 'Hardened' and 'Veteran' difficulties within Wargame, veteran being the only difficulty I play on, so I immediately started to get discouraged. yet again.

I understand that the popularity of joining a game online in Wargame on hardened and veteran was slim, but Squads was made to played with your team of soldiers and not necessarily with a group of other people, although the option to do so was great for teaming up with a party. I always hit 'Play Now' and fought with my squad of soldiers, and I know a lot of us play that way. But I just cannot understand why they would remove these difficulties, especially since a lot of Wargame players play with their squads as teammates. It's just starting to seem as if they are penalizing us even more for playing Squads and wants everyone in Multiplayer playlists...But hey IW, not all of us want to hassle with other people, we just want to relax and play multiplayer vs. the A.I. Thats why I was so happy to see this brought to Ghosts, the online experience without the toxicity of the community...

Referring back to my two original posts, "Completing the squads mode Experience 1 and 2", we are already very limited on what we can earn while playing Squads, not much incentives for the "newest mode". XP is capped/match, cannot earn gun camo, sight reticles, outfits customizations, operations/patches...And now even more things are being removed. The Hardened and Veteran difficulties for Wargame need to be put back in ASAP. I don't know if it was a glitch or IW meant to remove it, but those of us out there who play for a good fun challenge are now limited to Recruit and Regular, too easy! I also seriously think that all the rewards I listed above need to be turned on within Squads, but keeping there progressions SEPARATED from multiplayer. XP and squad points should remain carried over, and perhaps a higher XPcap. If the rewards get activated in Squads , us Squads payers can now customize our squad mates to their fullest potential! Not to mention we get rewards for our hard work and tons more incentives for playing! Even if the rewards progress is separate from Squads to Multiplayer, we can still earn these things for our squad and experience the new outfit customizations and operations!

I am just feeling let down more and more and I thought squads was a big new game mode that was going to be taken seriously and supported. But its just being locked up... Please help us out IW! The DLC needs to be added to all squads game modes and not only the 'Onslaught' option, which is nothing but Wargame on recruit... Its a no brainer guys, c'mon! I spent 50 bucks on the season pass and cannot even enjoy it fully without playing multiplayer, no thanks! I take my CoD seriously, especially since I can experience it vs. A.I now, its all I play. PLEASE let us know your thoughts and reasoning on the subjects IW! And PLEASE give Squads some tweaks! Its a good thing so lets support it!

Imagemaker

I gree with you when you state "I also seriously think that all the rewards I listed above need to be turned on within Squads, but keeping there progressions SEPARATED from multiplayer. XP and squad points should remain carried over, and perhaps a higher XPcap. If the rewards get activated in Squads , us Squads payers can now customize our squad mates to their fullest potential! Not to mention we get rewards for our hard work and tons more incentives for playing! Even if the rewards progress is separate from Squads to Multiplayer, we can still earn these things for our squad and experience the new outfit customizations and operations!"

BUT INFINITY WARD / ACTIVISION, I still play on PS3 and the changes to include the Onslaught map pack HAVE NOT BEEN MADE ON THIS SYSTEM!

Now I feel even more forgotten about and ignored.

I cannot afford to upgrade and will not be doing so for the forseeable future and I suspect many others are in a similar situation.

SO I STRESS AGAIN, include PS3 (indeed all 1st gen consoles) in ANY changes PLEASE. Until then you will still receive no further monetary gain from us 1st gen users.

BENICETOTHERS

I ditto your sentiments. We are Squad players exclusively.

mlagersson

Hey guys if everyone just email activistion, and/or write on the facebook twitter pages.. and tell them that you want it in wargames im sure it will come.

Myself, i have already emailed and said that I am not buying the seasons pass until they fix this. MP in ghost sux balls so the only good game style is squad. Fix it or battlefield here i come..
    Btw I played MW3 yesterday, holy **** that is so much fun still. the MP mode is so much better there..

PEACE!

OvercomeX4

BENICETOTHERS - Yeah man I hear ya, I cannot stand MP anymore... Well they added the option to play ONSLAUGHT in Wargame and Safegaurd only, but they removed hardened and veteran difficulties, which is all I played. God damnit again IW! I keep getting slapped in the face. I dont want to play Squad Assault or SvS, too easy, I want to play wargame on veteran with my squad, thats my nightly challenge I was loving! You design this smart and awesome AI and now take away the difficult modes? WHAT WAS THE POINT IN THIS THEN??? Ive been ranting for weeks, but I dont know how to contact them directly... I dont have a Facebook or Twitter (yeah, yeah) but If I have to make one to talk some sense into these guys I will!

mlagersson - who did you email? activision or IW? I have emailed info@Infinityward.com before but never got replies so I dont know if thats the correct way.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again Infinity Ward!!! - - - ADD THE DLC INTO ALL SQUADS MODES MAP ROTATIONS, I STILL HAVENT SEEN THEM IN YET. 110 BUCKS IVE SPENT SO FAR! PUT HARDENED AND VETERAN DIFFICULTIES BACK INTO WARGAME ASAP! THATS THE MEAT AND BONES OF THE SQUADS CHALLENGE! PPLLEEAASSEE LIFT OR RAISE THE XP CAP AND UNLOCK ALL REWARDS TO BE EARNED, BUT KEEP THEIR PROGRESSION SEPARATE FROM MULTIPLAYER!

Imagemaker

Some users above have stated that they can access the new maps in Squads Wargames but I suspect this must only be on Second Generation Consoles?

INFINITY WARD / ACTIVISION, I still play on PS3 and the changes to include the Onslaught map pack HAVE NOT BEEN MADE ON THIS SYSTEM!

Now I feel even more forgotten about and ignored.

I cannot afford to upgrade and will not be doing so for the forseeable future and I suspect many others are in a similar situation.

SO I STRESS AGAIN, include PS3 (indeed all 1st gen consoles) in ANY changes PLEASE. Until then you will still receive no further monetary gain from us 1st gen users.

BENICETOTHERS

Agreed! It's not fair to the Season Pass holders who bought the pass with the game.  Seems a bit unethical to me that they would just include the maps for Multiplayer and not Squads.

Infinity Ward and Activision made a genius decision to add Squads in the first place. I love the difficulty level choice. You can play with others, or just your Squad against AI. You have choices.  To cap points was not good.  A suggestion would be to  increase points maybe with difficulty level changes. Not being able to earn patches, camo and backgrounds either is not cool.  I really like earning the squad points to open any item you want. That was a great addition to this game.

Less skilled players also have a place to go to play and enjoy the game without having to endure this titles gosh darn, awful Multiplayer experience. I'm sorry, but it's painful to play.

Someone fell asleep at the wheel when they decided not include the maps for all Squad game modes. I prestiged once in past titles. It seemed way too redundant and kind of pointless to me. That's my opinion.  I have opened 7 characters and leveled up 6 thus far to build a Squad.  If new maps are not added, it's really getting very old and stale. What is the point to keep playing? I won't buy the camo packs and any additional add on items they may have IF they don't add maps to the Squad rotations.

The point is to make money. A bunch of hard work goes into making these games.  Infinity Ward and Activision you are on to something great with the addition of Squads to your game. You can expand upon it and you listened to feedback from your customers about difficulty levels where everyone can enjoy your game. You added female characters and more choices for race which is probably much appreciated by your customer base.  IF you can fix the abundance of cheating, and connectivity issues you will continue to dominate the video game marketplace.

waco610

is on slot available for online play at all? I can't get them to load at all in regular online team deathmatch! WTF this new system really sucks Activision Call of Duty I think have gotten the last of my money unless they start fixing some major problems or if its just related with the ps4 same thing I just wonder if anyone else is having same problems I am with this new game system. And especially with Call of Duty Ghosts.

Imagemaker

I would be interested to know if the same is happening (or not happening) for the Devastation DLC from you unfortunate Season Pass holders???

BENICETOTHERS

It will be interesting to see what happens with the next DLC roll out. On 2/27 as a Season Pass holder I had to go to the PlayStation Store to down load Onslaught.  The in game store did not let me download, for it kept searching. I have not checked to see if this was fixed yet. Last time I logged on which was 3/4/14,Onslaught was available in WarGames and SafeGuard, but not with difficulty choices.

Imagemaker

I am a bit late in responding but yes, the "Onslaught" option is now available on my PS3 too.

AND like those above it has no difficulty choice but it must be Hardened or Veteran because I find it very easy to play as I tried those levels before expecting to be slaughtered but discovered the opposite as I shall explain.

I always played Wargame on Recruit becuase I actually found that more challenging due to the opposing AI not using silly weapons or switching weapons or tossing lethals. all of which makes them vulnerable to run & gun only players like me. The only thing which catches me out and ends any streak are the corner camping and very accurate sniping AI.

So although I can now play Wargame on the Onslaught DLC it is not as big a challenge personally.

I cannot think why the Hardened and Veteran options have been removed from the "normal" Wargame but that doesn't affect me but I can feel the frustrations from those which it does. If Recriut had been removed from there too then I would have been left with no option but to play a very easy game.

IF this continues along this vein, then it means that us Playstation users will effectively be getting any DLC TWO months after release.

Another slap in the face.