32 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2014 6:00 PM by NoLifeKing32 RSS

DEVS: You nerfed the AK?

Unterhopft

Really?

Stop catering to the whiners who will never be satisfied with anything you do. Heavy Duty mode and its rapid demise are a prime example of why catering to the whiners is pointless.

You are alienating the people who actually enjoy the game. Just stop with the constant rebalancing of weapons. Some weapons will always outclass others.

Take a page from the old IW who after a couple of needed balance passes let the game be.

Nothing is more annoying than having your loadouts constantly ****** with just to appease a  population of whiners who will not be satisfied ever.

Just stop.

• Re: DEVS: You nerfed the AK?
    legendx713

Also, they ruined Amplify and DS. I like that Dead Silence works properly now, but amplify does NOT counter it at all like it should. As someone who always ran both perks it frustrates me because I am getting shot around corners more than ever now. It's become a skilless game of peek a boo just like Black Ops 2.

And to the retards that complain about footsteps...it's clear you never played Cod 4 or MW2 because the footsteps in those games were louder and worked. Footsteps allow flankers to use strategy and hear people above/below them so they can adjust...right now amplify still works but only in close range making it only useful for CAMPERS. Terrible idea to buff dead silence without buffing amplify as well.

AK12 already had side to side recoil that was a bit annoying. I haven't used it yet, but reading that made me cringe. They most certainly are making this game pay to win when they release a new gun and nerf a fan favorite in the process.

Runandgunerring

I agree. I don't use the Ak much but never found it to be OP when others used it against me. They really need to just quit catering to whiners. SO far the whiners want every single gun, lethal, and many of the killstreaks to be nerfed. It is ridiculous.

veilofmaya

you obviously do not understand how they patch weapons...they dont patch weapons because of "whiners" they patch weapons from statistics of their own

djacks400

Unterhopft wrote:

Really?

Stop catering to the whiners who will never be satisfied with anything you do. Heavy Duty mode and its rapid demise are a prime example of why catering to the whiners is pointless.

You are alienating the people who actually enjoy the game. Just stop with the constant rebalancing of weapons. Some weapons will always outclass others.

Take a page from the old IW who after a couple of needed balance passes let the game be.

Nothing is more annoying than having your loadouts constantly ****** with just to appease a  population of whiners who will not be satisfied ever.

Just stop.

Very well said. Funny how whiners complaints are addressed in updates when some claim the data is based upon IWs own findings. Just like the IED nerf even though there is a very powerful perk that paints every enemy explosive over the span of entire map. Yet the crybabies don't want to give up a perk slot for sit-rep when they can just cry and eventually get their way. IW really needs to worry less about buffing and nerfing and more about REAL problems with this broken game like lag, matchmaking, boosting, and cheating. Really makes me want to rethink spending my money tonight on the season pass.

mdub

djacks400 wrote:

Funny how whiners complaints are addressed in updates when some claim the data is based upon IWs own findings. Just like the IED nerf even though there is a very powerful perk that paints every enemy explosive over the span of entire map. Yet the crybabies don't want to give up a perk slot for sit-rep when they can just cry and eventually get their way.

quoted for truth

nicedrewishfela

Data/Metrics/Numbers > Your Perception

• Slight AK12 Increase on view kick.

Doesn't sound like they broke your gun.

ukscorpz

Why?!  Nothing wrong with the bloody AK!

Looks like blast shield is now useless in HC too?

Game was fine as it was!

puertoricanguy9

they should forget about nerfing the weapons and fix the damn spawning...everyones been saying the spawns are terrible since the game came out and theyre still not fixed..we shouldnt be spawning around enemies and get instantly killed and enemies shouldnt be spawning around us so we can instantly kill them

DalekonDrugs

The AK-12 needed slight adjusting.

Unterhopft

What do these metrics show? That the AK is popular? That it is a fun weapon to use? That we like it?

Is that a good justification to nerf it? Does IW not want players having too much fun with a weapon?

Is the end goal that every single gun be used equally? Do you know how stupid and boring that would be?

You can remove all fun from a game chasing this mythical "balance" that can't be achieved anyway. How can three dozen guns all be equal and unique at the same time? They can't. Unless they all suck equally. Which is where we're heading.

COD4 and MW2 had seriously imbalanced guns and they were by far the funnest installments in this franchise.

Don't monkey around with gun stats over three months after the game is out. It's like changing the rules mid-game.

admunday

What do these metrics show? That the AK is popular? That it is a fun weapon to use? That we like it?

Is that a good justification to nerf it? Does IW not want players having too much fun with a weapon?

Is the end goal that every single gun be used equally? Do you know how stupid and boring that would be?

A mix of weapons would be more boring than everyone using the same gun?  Hmmm.......

You can remove all fun from a game chasing this mythical "balance" that can't be achieved anyway. How can three dozen guns all be equal and unique at the same time? They can't. Unless they all suck equally. Which is where we're heading.

You get gun balance by all guns having certain strengths and weaknesses.  They all can have different combos of strenghts, but no gun should have more strenghts in total compared to others.  This makes each gun unique whilst not being mre powerful than another.  Simple really.

Unterhopft

In theory, this sounds great. In practice, it means dozens of frustrating mediocre guns. I'm perfectly happy with several top tier guns, several moderate guns and a handful of purely outclassed fun guns. Just like the old days.

Power, recoil, rate of fire and range are the main variables. There are only so many combinations that can be had here.

TheDarkOne123

If I had it my way the AK-12 would of never gotten any recoil instead it would of gotten a damage nerf so it's three to six hit kill because it's not even using 7.62 rounds so there is no excuse to be two hit kill. I think ALL guns should a weakness that makes it very hard to use in that specific situation to be honest.

admunday

What it means is that there is no 'I win' gun which fits every scenario and makes other guns completely redundent.  You have to choose your weapon with a bit of care depending on your playstyle and what you are likely to face, rather than just having one or two effective options.

With the amount of perks to choose from, it's always a balancing act about what you need to select and what you are going to have to go without.  Gun selection should be the same for me, makes it far more interesting.

admunday

Just tried the AK.  If you geniunely notice the difference post patch, you're a pro player.  If you're a pro player, you'll adapt.

legendx713

It is noticeable. I always had to burst fire for long range kills. Now I am missing shots completely even while bursting because the recoil is going all over the place. Also, if you watch MLG you will notice pro players never used the AK12. If the AK12 was overpowered then at least a good portion of them would use it. They use the SC2010 and Remmington. For the record, I don't think those guns are OP either, but I'm just annoyed with the concept of nerfing guns that aren't OP. They most likely did this because the AK12 is a popular gun, or maybe they were drunk and watched Tmartn where he incorrectly calls it the best AR in the game. The guns recoil was always a bit annoying if you ask me and this nerf was unnecessary.

TheDarkOne123

They went by statistics I have never seen AK-12 nerf threads so no it wasn't because the cry babies it was because all they saw were people using AK-12s more then the other guns the Remington and Honey Badger will probably be next and to be honest I support this game gets boring when all you can see is three guns. Not to mention people are forced to use these guns as well since the other guns can't compare to the ones that being used only.

masterg671

I think what should have been nerffed was the M27 I still get destroyed by it.

I miss COD4. You would use a gun to counter another gun.

NoLifeKing32

Its only noticeable at extremely long range, as in, its nothing. The damage, recoil, fire rate, hipfire is the same. This is not a nerf, just like the sniper nerf is not a nerf. Complaining about it is laughable rly, view kick is near nonexistant in Ghosts.