30 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2014 6:20 PM by Bielsalmighty RSS

Please keep Heavy Duty available for public matches

iv0001

In the update that was revealed yesterday, it was unveiled that Gun Game would replace Heavy Duty.

Isn't it possible to maintain both game modes? I really enjoy playing Heavy Duty, and hate to see it removed.

I know for sure that there are more people who love Heavy Duty, and are upset about it's removal.

• Re: Please keep Heavy Duty available for public matches
    PSNGamerRednight

or just make heavy duty the standard, but since the majority didn't play it they won't

Gambitual

I know I am speaking for and against groups of people and only a select few of these groups are actually voicing themselves here, sooo...

First, people complain you die too fast even though damage and rates of fire have remained very similar to past games. Maybe add recoil and reduce range? IW got the tip and added some recoil to the AK-12, making it just a bit harder to use. Good move.

Secondly, IW introduces a mode/playlist where you have increased health. People complained that Heavy Duty didn't have enough health because they wanted to be bullet sponges and that it was a flop. Personally, I don't care what the Heavy Duty health was, I knew it was a flop because we don't need a separate, higher-health playlist.

Third, people complain that IW is taking the mostly abhorred Heavy Duty and giving us the holy grail of Gun Game.

Too much complaining. Even by me, complaining about people complaining.

Tygrastic1

You have my sympathies for IW removing a game mode that you enjoyed (srsly, not trolling you).  It was put in as a quick fix and was supposed to have a HUGE draw to fix the complaints of "dieing too fast" in regular TDM.  Unfortunately, Heavy Duty on the PS4 would average between 3-5% of the players online in my experience of checking every once in a while.  At the end of the day, there isn't too much of a reason to keep it active when such a low number of people actually played it.

nicedrewishfela

If a game mode, especially an experimental mode like HD, isn't populated...there is no reason to keep it around. The problem with Heavy Duty was it was just a repeat of Modes already available, with altered Health.

Better to lose it and provide new game modes rather than modified versions of what is available already.

RunAndGun1

nicedrewishfela wrote:

If a game mode, especially an experimental mode like HD, isn't populated...there is no reason to keep it around. The problem with Heavy Duty was it was just a repeat of Modes already available, with altered Health.

Better to lose it and provide new game modes rather than modified versions of what is available already.

I personally saw (and experienced) absolutely NO benefits from Heavy Duty. None! What I DID see (and experience) was increased health for the ENEMY! I died just as quickly in HD as I do in Standard. To be honest, Standard plays like Hardcore. I've had the same connection for Ghosts as I had for BO2, and never have I experienced 99% of my deaths as insta-deaths on BO2 as I've had on Ghosts. I'm betting lag comp has been tweaked for the noob. I shouldn't experience faster deaths. Clearly there's a difference between how the two main devs are handling lag comp, but I'm not a fan of how it's implemented. When the dedicated servers go online in March, I'm hoping Ghosts will be fun...er.

nicedrewishfela

I guess my experience is just different.

I am finding the hit detection to be spot on, where on MW3 and BO2 it was iffy at best. Playing Core, sure it sometimes feels like I am dying quicker, but it plays better in my eyes because my shots actually land where aimed.

The comparison of saying it is the same as HC isn't true. In the Core matches I have played if I out-gun the opponent I can survive most encounters and re-gen my health. In HC there is no chance of that.

I think Heavy Duty was a placebo for folks. They thought they were indestructible now and never altered their game play, so kept running out in the open rather than making use of cover or traversing corners tactically. Most "insta-deaths" aren't instant at all, but a result of someone with a degree of accuracy getting a steady stream of shots on target.

Tygrastic1

nicedrewishfela wrote:

I guess my experience is just different.

I am finding the hit detection to be spot on, where on MW3 and BO2 it was iffy at best. Playing Core, sure it sometimes feels like I am dying quicker, but it plays better in my eyes because my shots actually land where aimed.

My experience is much like yours.  I don't think it is as much a "die fast" scenario as it is the game actually runs AND performs exponentially better than its predecessors.  You don't have to worry about getting seven hit markers only to have that person turn around and insta-death.  I appreciate that fact that not everyone's experience is like this, but "the proof is in the pudding".  I have about ten core guys that I play with (most of us in the midwest or close to).  For the first time, we are able to play with a friend in the UK, our college buddy in the Philipines, and we recently added a clan member from canada.  We can actually all play together.  Any previous titles it was impossible.

Gerbera

I'm pretty sure that the failure of Heavy Duty was due to the fact that, much to the complainers' chagrin, EVERYONE had more health, not JUST them, which is most likely what many of them were really thinking of when making the complaints of "dying too fast". They were thinking "buff MY health, but no one else's" which, "sadly" for them, Heavy Duty didn't do.

When it comes to buff/nerf complaints, a majority of the time, I'm sure there really is no actual problem. Just people whining about dying when, in their head, they "shouldn't" have, so when they make buff/nerf complaints, what they really want is only for themselves to get buffed, but no one else, and for everyone else to get nerfed, except for themselves. This is why, even after things get buffed/nerfed, the complaints keep on coming, sometimes even by the very people who cried and demanded those buffs/nerfs to begin with, completely reversing their previous complaints (revealing their hypocrisy).

Tygrastic1

Update, no patch for PS4 yet and Heavy Duty has 74 out of 22,000 online.   LOL!  That is less than one-tenth of a percent.

iv0001

Well, in Heavy Duty you had 130 health instead of 100.

Most weapon had to hit 1 or 2 shots more to kill, however the AK12 and M27-IAR are still 3-shots from up close.

Last time i checked there was around 1k of players playing Heavy Duty on PS3.

What is the problem with having a less populated mode available? Does it cost more money to keep it running?

Hunted is not a very populated mode either.

I feel like the option should stay available for everyone who enjoys it.

Maybe it should be better to raise the health a bit more to 200 or so, so people actually feel the difference.

Tygrastic1

IF I remember correctly (which is a big 'if" at this point), I remember reading or discussing that there were technical limitations on how many game modes are available.  This is why they are removing two modes and adding two modes.  Regardless, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to keep a game mode when there is such a low playerbase that represent it.  I would prefer having something else (Grind, HQ, Hardpoint) that would appeal to more than .0036% of people on the PS4.

ghamorra

Too many gamemodes lead to too much segregation of the community. With the DLC launch already rolling out there's going to be a lot of hurdles that match making is going to have to go through. Keeping gamemodes that are unpopular will only lead to poor game quality.

Gambitual

Interestingly enough, I kinda knew that Heavy Duty wouldn't stay for one reason. The emblem. The nice little emblem that "describes" a game mode gave it away. S&D has the briefcase bomb, Hunted had a skull with a crosshair on it's forehead, etc. Heavy Duty had the same exact emblem as Team Tactical, so it was obvious that it was only filler for a little while.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Twitter is currently very active after an IW dev posted this.

https://twitter.com/JoeCecot/status/430429766735245312

@JoeCecot I'm lovin' new DLC. Any chance player health gets increased? Reg feels like hardcore. Many agree. Thanks #CODGhosts #Onslaught

Details  

@JawJitsu We are considering health changes. It's a difficult thing to balance. Snipers get very powerful as TTK goes up for other weapons. 

There are so many people petitioning IW to increase the TTK. This is what Candice's twitter looks like with people begging the devs to increase the TTK.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%40candyslexia&src=typd&f=realtime